Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Well the game started with turning the main character into a (temporary) Animorph, a series which knows how to do dark storylines the right way, so hopefully this isn't an absolute dumpster fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

HardDiskD posted:

It means forest, however. :v:

So he’s all the professors? Now that’s a twist. I’d pay big money for a game where it’s revealed all the professors are just split personalities

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I actually like that. A lot of games fall into the trap of the first gym being either a cakewalk (lookin’ at you, Faulkner) or potential roadblocks simply because you don’t have many options (like Brock)

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Hunt11 posted:

The first gym should be a bit of a cakewalk to help ease you into the game.

Gym Leaders are still trainer battles. Easing into those is what Youngster Joey and his Rattata are for

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I’m not saying it has to be hard. I think it should still be fairly simple. But I also don’t think you should be punished right out of the gate for picking the “wrong” starter. I think the first Gym needs to come when you have access to a wider variety of things, and early on you’re really limited.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I’ll agree that 25 is a little extreme. I was thinking 15-ish. And the only ones I’ve played since Emerald are Moon (which threw a lot of variety at you from the beginning because of Alola forms) and Alpha Sapphire so I don’t know how much they fixed the variety of types available early on

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I really like how the Gym Leaders really can't be swept by just one or two pokemon (without over-leveling, anyways). The mainstream games have gotten better about it, admittedly, but more often than not it feels like you can take one a gym with just one point man. Two, if the leader has something specifically to counter your main pokemon. Here it feels like leaders have actually earned their position without being ball-bustingly (boob-bustingly?) difficult.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Animorphs: But With Pokemon

Am I doing it right?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I demand that a sorcerer of some sort bring that Snorlax to life so he can be my pet/best friend

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I kinda wanna hear the Ash is in a coma theory but I'm also terrified of what will come up if I Google it

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Honestly, a Grass type with Thick Fat is something I can actually get behind. I never use Grass because they're usually paired with something to give them tons of weaknesses

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

DoubleNegative posted:

To be fair there are only two members of Perfection. :v: Reukra either has incredibly stringent standards or is so absorbed in his research that he forgot to advertise.

Nope, he blew his advertising budget long ago

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Squirtle! Always Squirtle

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Gengar is my poo poo kicker of choice. I love that giant evil ghost/best friend

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Name it Meow or "Kitty!"

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 30, 2019

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Don't make me choke a Grodoun. Nobody makes a fool of my water types. NOBODY.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Toyotasomi no Miko posted:

Cloud Nine is supposed to cancel it out, from what I've seen, but apparently Insurgence devs forgot to figure out something for this case. Oops!

So the plot of Emerald could have been solved fairly quick if they just got a bunch of Golducks?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Kikas posted:

What the heck? I never noticed in all of my Pokemon playing years that this was something that's a think :psyduck:

I'm finding lately that a lot of my "knowledge" of Pokemon is based off Generation I, which still had the rules, but due to the designs of certain Pokemon, weren't really shown. Like I recently learned Ghosts are strong versus Psychics and they weren't in the first games because the only ghosts were Ghastly and it's line which had the Poison secondary type, which meant the massively overpowered Psychics rolled right over them. And with the only Dragon-type you face is Dragonite, which has the Flying second type, which is weak the Electric.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
...Whose Damian, again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
"Undefeatable" is one of those words that just sounds...wrong.

Also, I kinda like that these Deltas are what happens if the originals are put under extreme pressure.