Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ChaosArgate posted:

I think its funny how Josuke, Okuyasu and Koichi are all still wearing their high school uniforms.

Not that surprising when you consider that Jotaro spends the rest of his life after part 3 wearing variations of his high school uniform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Just another day in the life of a Gangstar :allears:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

FirstAidKite posted:

I like the capcom jojo fighting game and I adore the SaGa-inspired rpgmaker jojo fanfic 7th Stand User which is about part 3 but there's a 7th person and that person is you and you get your own stand from a list of like... 18 I think, though even that game spoils stuff from other parts just through easter eggs and references.

The best thing about 7th Stand User is the ambition that went into creating it when you realize that the creator put in nearly every scene worth remembering from part 3 in it while also having to add some unique dialog at various points for 18 different player characters. This gets even crazier when you look into the code using RPG Maker 2000 and see the content that never made it past one or two events before being left incomplete.

In addition to being to able play the game again as Josuke with some of part 3 changed to fit him into the story there were apparently plans to implement a bunch of different Jojo characters as possible protagonists. From what I can find had the game been finished you would have been able to play as Kira, Okuyasu, Koichi, Jolyne, Gyro, and even Baoh. Sadly the intro events for each of them come up as garbled text which probably has to do with the game being translated from Japanese and not everything coming out right. Putting even half of them into the game as playable characters for part 3 would have been amazing, it's a shame that it was never finished.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 19, 2018

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

So McAfee is running for president again right

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Grapplejack posted:

would this guy and kira be best friends or mortal enemies

Friends, one gets the hands and the other gets the feet

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Yinlock posted:

I like how the bomb tank specifically calls attention to itself, which plays into kira's whole hidden arrogance thing

It's a very insistent ability

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Those other drivers are going to be pissed.

Not if they were already inside their cars

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mentioning Superfly reminds me that it's one of the few stands that I've heard a fan give a better name to. I don't remember who it was on youtube but I've seen it's name suggested as "Electric Avenue".

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Between Gold Experience's use of life energy and Crazy Diamond's healing power I'm beginning to wonder if the children of Hamon users end up with some sort of Ripple infusion in their Stand powers. While there were none left by the time of Part 4, it wouldn't surprise me if Josuke and Giorno would have been very good at fighting vampires.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The only way Dio survives Purple Haze's virus is if he rips his head off the second he gets infected. Unless of course Purple Haze tags his head, in which case yeah he's hosed

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Speaking of which, how did Akira find out about Time Stop? :psyduck:

It wouldn't surprise me if there were internet message boards for stand users in the world of Jojo, and anyone that survives a fight with Jotaro after Part 3 would probably have a story that someone smart could use to figure out Time Stop.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Let's be fair, there's a non-zero chance that Joseph or Polnareff have bragged about knowing a guy that can stop time

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

There's an alternate universe where Rohan goes to Italy instead of Koichi and after meeting Giorno he stays for entirety of Part 5 in order to get as much material for his manga as possible.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

My favorite Rohan moment comes from the Oingo Boingo Brothers Adventure one-shot comic where Rohan writes the afterword and over the course of a few pages he praises Boingo's unique art style, realizes that Thoth actually does all the work, and starts raging at how he's a superior mangaka and shouldn't have to speak well of someone that he thinks is untalented. In the fictional world of Jojo's the physical release of the comic is an actual thing and somehow saw print with Rohan self-aggrandizing contribution included.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Is it ever mentioned if Coco Large is a natural stand user or another hilarious victim of the arrow? Because if it's the arrow, then lol, who the gently caress does that

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Nine of Eight posted:

Keichou/ Rohan's Dad (can't remember) shot two different rats for giggles and you're shocked at the idea someone shot a turtle??

It was Akira, and it seemed there that he was just loving around with his newly-stolen arrow. The turtle is placed in a position of great trust and importance in the Boss's plan, and turtles are fairly uncommon in a city compared to rats.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Old Mista is surprisingly non-feeble compared to the others, and aside from Naranchia's knife he's the only one of them that has a weapon that doesn't require his Stand power to be deadly

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MonsterEnvy posted:

That's cause he did not age as fast.

I know, but he still looks better than Narancia did before Naracia's equivalent old state became super-old.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The snow, like the color palette, is metaphorical and changes to fit the emotion of the scene

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

It's a testament to the skill of David Production that they can make bullet gremlins destroying a glass of water look exciting

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Spoilers

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kikas posted:

One thing that bugs me: Why did Moldy Prosciutto stop Pesci when he was fleeing for some more ice?

Because he would be an easy target for Mista and would never unlock his fighting spirit by running away

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The full collection of Bkub's Vento Aureo drawings

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Glagha posted:

I wanna see what crazy nonsense Bruno gonna pull to not die here.

It probably won't happen but the best way to end the fight is Bruno positioning himself to ride a zipper along the ground with one hand while grinding Prosciutto against the ground with the other

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Man Pesci does a lot in the manga with a broken freakin' neck

He's not unlike Kurt Angle in that regard

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Waffleman_ posted:

Consider that basically everything from either Aerosmith or Man in the Mirror to now has taken place in one day. Yeah, some downtime would be nice.

It's a shame we probably won't getting any more extended scenes of La Squadra, them losing almost all of their members over the course of a few days would have been interesting to see from the perspective of those that are still alive.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 5, 2019

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Part 3 Jotaro becomes a million times better when you realize he's an awkward teenager trying to be cool by quoting Clint Eastwood and backtalking his mom.

Like, when he's going off about what a criminal hardass he is against Kakyoin, he lists "walking out of restaurants without paying" as one of his horrid deeds. Come on. Dude's a huge dork.

The start of Part 3 is really good at getting this across. Jotaro is introduced to the audience as having locked himself in a jail cell after his stand beat the poo poo out of multiple people. That's pretty cool, and he punctuates his story by shotgunning a beer that's actually just a soda. Aside from terrifying the other prisoners and yelling at his mom, he spends a good chunk of his jail time reading Shonen Jump and playing with an R/C car. Jotaro goes to great lengths to look like a cool, badass delinquent but he can't hide the fact that at heart that just isn't who he is.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Expect My Mom posted:

I would like to watch the episode please

Same, I must hear the flawless rants of Ice Man

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Considering that people pay him money to make rant videos he's probably testing the waters with future material

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Unfortunately(?) nobody can truly watch all the Jojo, because Araki had the Phantom Blood movie scoured from the face of the earth for being so terrible.

Probably for the best considering that at the end it threatens the audience with a possible Battle Tendency movie

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The last time Dio tried to end a fight with his eye lasers he ended up trapped under the ocean for 100 years, he's right to be hesitant to use them again.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 20, 2019

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Willsun posted:

I ask the heavens to please bring me a good JoJo 2D fighter in the future and I swear I'll go buy a stick and whatever else required to play it.

Heritage for the Future is a 2D fighter from the 90s and it's by far the best Jojo game out of all them so far.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 21, 2019

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Boss talking through King Crimson isn't something I think I'm ever going to be comfortable seeing, it just looks wrong

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

fun fact: the one time killer queen is shown to be speaking in diu is also a wryyyyyy

:tinfoil:

When did that happen? I only remember Killer Queen using Kira's voice when he talked through it during Bites the Dust

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

He really should sticky the patreon: https://www.patreon.com/GamingGarbage

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Time skipping isn't as useful as time stopping but the ability to see ten seconds into the future is insanely useful and would have guaranteed Dio's victory if he had it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TheKingslayer posted:

Mista is fuckin' pissed.

He's absorbing the background anger radiating off of King Crimson.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gratuitous bathroom violence is a hallmark of Araki's writing

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Nebrilos posted:

2) Do any of the heroes in parts 1 through 4 ever kill anyone? For the purposes of this question, killing vampires, pillar men, or monsters doesn't count nor does turning someone into a rock or a book or having the antagonist accidentally get run over.

The Stardust Crusaders have a combined seven kills between them if you don't count vampires, and nine if you do. ZZ may or may not have died after being tied to a rock so I can't include him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RatHat posted:

There are only 2 times a Joestar kills a human: Joseph kills Nena(The Empress), and Jotaro kills the fake Captain Tenille(Deep Blue Sea) Some of the other protagonists in Part 3 kill though, especially Polnareff.

Giorno already broke this rule but you could argue he isn't a "true" Joestar.

Joseph killed three hijackers by causing a plane crash when he was a child, which arguably puts him in the lead for Joestar with the highest body count.

Pomplamoose posted:

Is the fake captain every explicitly stated to have died? I remember him sinking after getting star fingered but he might have breathed underwater using his stand or something. Maybe he didn't need to be conscious to do that.

The wiki says that died he, but even if star finger didn't do it they still left him in the ocean after the ship sank.