Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

someone could feasibly skip at least half of part 3 and possibly not know that they did barring maybe half a second of confusion as to where exactly they are in the world, except half of it is in egypt anyways so even that is suspect

I have a confession. I skipped half of part 3. It wasn't confusing at all once I knew who the people were.

incredible....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Willsun posted:

JoJo is like breathing air to me so no

Also is Hol Horse's Emperor just a better version of Mista's Sex Pistol? Emperor doesn't need to be fed/satisfied, can be summoned from thin air, and can seemingly control its bullets freely in any direction. Not saying I don't like Sex Pistol's awesome Pokemon direction but unless there's more abilities the anime hasn't shown yet, who wouldn't rather have Emperor instead?

Oh yeah and very Asian of Mista to be superstitious about the number 4 as an Italian man.

Emperor is maybe one of the best stands in the entire series, imo. It's insanely powerful.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Expect My Mom posted:

.....i.....extremely disagree

I also haven't seen anything past these bits of part 5 so I am probably extremely wrong, but being able to summon up a gun with magic bullets is pretty great.

I'd also say that Sex Pistols needing a real gun with real bullets to work is a big downside.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I really hope that the last two stands aren't extremely lame, but they don't inspire me with a lot of confidence. Narancia's stand especially looks silly in the intro.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's mostly that Arakai found out that giving a dude a healing stand means you can rip arms off and blow people up more often, and this season has gangsters so that can happen a lot. It's basically happened once per episode at this point! :v:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

They're in the intro stage still so I'm willing to bet next bad guy will be fighting fugo alone, since everyone is getting their own little 1 v 1 to establish stands. After that I'm sure we'll be seeing more gio.

Has fugos stand even been brought up or seen? I don't know if it's in the intro but we know he has one since everyone does.

Maybe it's the other part of his jacket :o

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

E-flat posted:

this is as much 'murder is cool perviness is gross' as it is 'eww a straight'

would this guy and kira be best friends or mortal enemies

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Snake brick is the dumbest thing in this entire series, it's such an asspull

I would have believed it if he shoved the entire snake into his body rather than just some blood, however.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

His voice is basically 1:1 Christian Bale in American Psycho which is what Kira basically is, so it's good.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

nothing but respect for MY president

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm trying to figure out who is dumber between Narancia and Okuyasu. It's a dead heat imo.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I know this absolutely won't happen but I would love to see Fugo come back later as a villain.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I laugh every goddamn time at this.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I kinda assume gio can also "sense" when his creatures come into contact with living beings. It'd explain his powers a little better, at least, in that all the poo poo he makes is just extensions of himself until it's either broken down or attached to another living being

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Giorno is also able to trust people to an insane extent, up to and including willing to throw himself to his death because he's goddamn sure that Mista will figure out his vague hint

He's a madman!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

BIG might be one of my favorite stands in the series, it's really cool and unique.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Trish going "this would be an exceptionally terrible idea that will get me killed" and then doing it anyway means she has become a full JoJo.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Abbacchio is tsundere for Giorno. Extremely canon.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

dogsicle posted:

drat there's even a cleavage window

my SO read the manga and has told me that this character is extremely gay, so we're crankin this poo poo up to ELEVEN

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Glagha posted:

You know, maybe it's because I haven't read it in a while but I swear I don't recall the manga being nearly so explicit about what Doppio's deal was at this point.

Yeah I didn't think the anime would be so explicit about our main bad guy but here we are I guess.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

RIP Risotto

You deserved way better.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm starting to understand the boss's need to hide himself now, because he's apparently exceptionally bad at keeping his identity hidden even when he can literally hide in someone else's body.

Also I hope the boss gets an actual name soon so I can use that.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You could probably do weird poo poo with moody blues where you'd start a combo and hit a thing and blues would copy what you did so you could combo off of yourself.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Man king crimson is total horseshit, apparently it also lets you change into a small child

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah his power makes perfect sense tbh, it's just kind of overpowered.

Except this episode, I don't know how he turned into a child.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Do we learn his name soon, I'm tired of calling him the boss.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I was reminded of this recently, so I thought I'd share this classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDYaHvDiTr4

Tunicate posted:

Jojo part 5: The Oippod Crisis

Drooges....

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

I do prefer KC's anime colour scheme to its manga one. It looks much cleaner without the yellow.

Come to think of it, what are you folks' fave Stand designs so far? Not in terms of powers, but their actual appearance.

Probably killer queen

E: sorry! I thought it would be fine, part 8 isn't even done yet ;_;

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 28, 2019

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I was shocked that this week's episode was over so quickly, I was really into it. Now I have to wait until next week to see world's worst person get murdered.

Also does he have a Frankenstein, what's up with the dude in the skin suit?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

My favorite stand is probably still sun, because it's just the sun, which is incredibly stupid in a really entertaining way. Like if we're talking stand lottery his ticket was just a word scrawled on a bar napkin in crayon.

E: at the same time he would have been able to kill every villain in part 1 and 2 with no issues, so his dumbass stand is still dangerous (for vampires(probably))

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 15, 2019

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I can see why the boss doesn't like the call on these guys because they're insane and also very incompetent. Maybe you should have just done this yourself bro, multiple towns dying overnight isn't a great way to hide yourself!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah my understanding is that Giorno shocked him back to life and Bruno is kinda just piloting his corpse around with gio's energy acting like a battery.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I hope that Bruno unzips oasis at some point. He's got a zipper stand and the dude's in a full suit! It has to happen, right??

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm sure it'll come back up like Star Platinum's laser did.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cioccolata taking himself apart like that and using the mold to do so is the first time in this entire series I was like "hold on, that's bullshit and you know it."

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Zyla posted:

keep posting reactions

part 1 is probably the slowest and most normal part of the whole series :allears:

I always find it funny that people say this when part 1 has a scene where a disembodied vampire head shoots laser blood out of its eyes

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

i'm probably thinking too hard about this, and there's nothing wrong with whatever kink secco and cioccolatta like, it's just you know mass murderer and all, thats mostly the bit that kinda bothers me

It's actually pretty wild because apparently they have a really good, loving relationship with each other. They're both just horrific monsters.

Find u a man who will let u yosh him and u'll know true bliss

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jonathan is unironically one of my favorite jojos because all of his plans boiled down to
1. be a gentleman
2. if 1 fails, punch thing
3. if 2 fails, punch thing harder

RC Cola posted:

Stupid nazis. Don't feed the pillar man blood

How do you feel about the best song in the entire series

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I think Bruno might be up there with Joseph in terms of being able to come up with creative uses for his stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think there kind of needs to be a fresh wound so what he makes can actually heal into them and 'bind', unless you think body parts work like velcro

Using my stand, golde experience, I grew a tree. But not just any tree, a leg tree.