Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Sub Harrison posted:

Part 5 is good. Wonder if they'll do any changes to the first fight with Zipper guy where he gets hit by GioGio's stand. Filling the zipper guy with "life" didn't make a whole lot of sense and he never did it again for the whole series.

Dude absolutely not Bruno getting slowmo punched is like totally iconic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Agoat posted:

Oh drat it I had something spoiled for part 5 :(

Why do they keep hurting my friends? Please don't kill him in PT5 he's already been through so much :(

This is a really big one and we should prob avoid talking about it at all

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The penultimate fight of Part 7 would have to be like, half a dozen episodes minimum.

I mean, DIO was already 4 episodes

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

CodfishCartographer posted:

Going by page count, from when the main cast first begins fighting the main villain (the part that confuses everyone) to the end of Part 7 is slightly longer than the entirety of part 2.

I replied to you in the spoiler thread

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I never realized until now that Haruno Shiobana sounds like Giorno Giovana

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

To this day, I lie awake at night wondering why Luca carried a shovel everywhere.

To beat people with

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Thats a terrible name for a shovel

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Expect My Mom posted:

it took me till today after first reading Part 5 four years ago to realize the pattern on Brunos chest is a tattoo and not some sexy mesh undershirt he wears

Wait, really? I still didnt notice even in animation.

I like that the animators are strugging so much with how to do Brunos little hair tufts on the crown of his head

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Theres plenty of em but its not standardized like it is in Japan

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The Lovers gets bound by skinny Hierophant Green and then Steely Dan cant move afterwards.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Only Stands (and I guess the Arrow) can damage stands, so the completely visible to normal people Stands would also need to be able to be harmed by normal people.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Nessus posted:

I thought if the Stand had a physical form visible to non-users it could be harmed? Like Forever's ship could have been - in fact, should have been - sunk by the Chinese navy.

The "only Stands can hurt Stands" rule came out of the mouth of noted Standologist and cowboy Hol Horse, anyway.

Isn't Thoth the one stand that always gets it right though?

I Imagine in like Surface and Strengths case, its the wooden doll/crappy rowboat thats getting damaged should you attack the stand and not like.. the Stand.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

multijoe posted:

If you think about it, pretty much every fight in Stand-era JoJo is just the protagonists working past the Enemy Stand User's bullshit to the point they can punch them in the face and win

Yea, especially in Part 3 where the heroes get locked down really often. The only things that feel like real, equal fights are Pet Shop, Vanilla Ice and DIO

Most of the enemy of the week fights are sneaky, they really feel like assassins in the way, say, Tao Pai Pai didnt since they were all concerned with striking from the shadows.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Expect My Mom posted:

Moody Blues looks and sounds so cool animated

I still dont think the second boat thing makes 100% sense but oh well

bruno x abbacchio otp

It makes zero sense that buccialati would zip through the thin film and never notice the other boat. AND, since its been shown that hes zipping through both in one go, he should have sunk them both in one go as well!!!!!!

Luckily this is the only fight i dislike in all of part 5 and its really not even that bad

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Shining Diamond really is the gold standard of name changes. It preserves the reference and still sounds good

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I watched a bunch of reaction vids when DiU was airing and even some of the people who were familiar with the comic had said "Shining Diamond" by mistake a few times. It fits well and sounds nice.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Willsun posted:

Has part 5 peaked? Once the dance started, I just had my mouth in the biggest wide open smile through the whole thing.

Part 5 is a lot like 4 where the beginning is the weakest.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Darth Walrus posted:

The blind thing everyone was laughing about seemed to make perfect sense? He was breaking Mista's line of sight so he could dodge out of the way and escape through the back, and it would have worked just fine if not for Sex Pistols.

Its just funny because Mista has sex pistols and the move ends up being useless. Its also really well comedically timed, Mista takes a little beat before shooting blindly. Its definitely meant to be laughed at, even if it makes sense.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Expect My Mom posted:

Look, Mista doesn't want his gun jamming on him in the middle of a battle. Six shots is enough to kill anything that moves and hell, there's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well greased chamber.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hmm. Nevermind

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Is this a jojo themed event or did this guy just do Josuke at a regular figure skating competition

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Pomplamoose posted:

Crazy Diamond was the best stand so far from a narrative perspective. It had easy to understand rules and could do a wide variety of surprising things without completely breaking those rules. While it's still extremely powerful it never feels cheap, and Josuke not being able to heal himself provides an uncomplicated but meaningful drawback.

If you like stands being versatile yet simple youll love the protag of Stone Oceans stand

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Im gonna say Giornos immune to his own reflection. Also Fugos immune to his own disease.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Waffleman_ posted:

Also the fact that Rubber Soul ate a beetle as him and nobody thought anything was wrong.

I mean, the Runaway Girl did but she just hadnt spent enough time around him I guess.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

somepartsareme posted:

if kamoshida and some guy from fire emblem are the roles you show off i dunno if i trust that to live up to kira

Kamoshida is probably the best voice in all of P5 dude

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

That first scene where Kira is berating the hand for bleeding on his seat and making her clean it up herself feels like something he could deliver on easily

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Expect My Mom posted:

douglas is a bit deeper than i would have personally chosen, but i really like morikawa's almost sing-song quality to the way Kira talks. i also just think the things kira says just typically sound better in japanese, like in the classic "Dame, dame, dame, dameeee" or "Itami ni taerooo" (endure the pain), but im excited to see douglas' take on the character

I dont know what he could do, maybe some sort of tsk tsk tsk? Stop stop stop?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Silver2195 posted:

I don't think he's brain dead. He went nuts for a bit, but he probably got over it eventually.

Yes, especially after Dio died and its not like hes gonna get retribution for his failure anymore

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Stairmaster posted:

thats a weird way of looking at releationships

Rohan's a wierd guy

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I think whats more surprising is that the first time ive ever heard that particular inconsistency pointed out

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Especially ADTRW for some reason. It’s why I stopped going into the One Piece manga thread.

Wow I guess you love going on boring adventures :D D::d:D: D:D :D :d:D :D :D

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Augus posted:

The cool thing about JoJo is it is full of great, intentional jokes. So you don’t even need to watch it ironically to think it’s hilarious!

Arakis just got a way with words that I appreciate. Most people would just have Joseph say that confronting DIO sent a chill down his spine but Araki says it "felt like someone shoved an icicle up my rear end"

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

[quote="Expect My Mom" post=""491947919"]

I feel like they fixed I Refuse? And I dont remember the watch exchange being bad. They did goof up the guys masturbating bif tho iirc
[/quote]

It's not terrible but I remember being annoyed that Rohan says that he likes telling strong people no instead of people who think they're strong.

Like even in a hopeless situation where he's been pinned and is helpless Rohan still won't concede that they're tough.

At least they fixed it from "people I think are strong" which was like the exact opposite of what was going on

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Expect My Mom posted:

the moaning is very good

and lol i forgot about kira's co-worker that runs up to tell people everything about him. that one off character is kind of a meme to japanese fans which i think is neat

I cant find it again but theres a comic where he invites Kira over to his house to watch a movie, its the Addams Family, and Kiras freaking out when Thing comes on screen

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Johnny Joestar posted:

to be fair there were literally two rats with the same exact stand in part 4

I like to think that since stands are the manifestation of someones psyche then all animals of the same species have the same stand since they mostly operate off of the same impulses and dont have much of a psyche to speak of.

Well maybe the orangutan, Iggy and Petshop all come from species that are intelligent enough to have different kinds of stands, but weve never seen any other orangutans, dogs or eagles with a stand.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Johnny Joestar posted:

talking head would be a great stand if i just want to be left the gently caress alone and can do weird poo poo like that to influence situations and maybe get myself some money from it

Yea just put talking head on a loan officer and then ask for a loan

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

punk rebel ecks posted:

So...is the 1993 Jojo OVA any good? I've watched some YouTube clips and it looks...bad.

Its eh but the Darby fight is better than the 2014 version. The dub is alright for that ep too, well by 90s dub standards

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

"To my ... .... .... .... .... mothersoul" is the part I always remember from this, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

It should really be ten and we should count Mariah. Retired my rear end