Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Waffleman_ posted:

He's not from England or Japan

He's half-english half-japanese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Tunicate posted:

Jotaro can't send a Joestar, because if anything would trigger latent DIO genes that would do it, so that rules out him and Josuke.

Okuyasu is a great guy but isn't exactly subtle, and he has to take care of his dad anyway.

Rohan was too busy preparing for his Alaskan Sled Dog manga by interviewing werewolves.

Really Koichi was the best (only) option.

He should have asked Polnareff. He told Joseph and Jotaro to just give him a call and he will come running. I doubt he would just sit around at home when his friend needs help.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Jotaro asks someone else to say a one-liner to cover up that he couldn't think of any himself at the moment.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Mr. Fowl posted:

Technically, the ambulance did.

That's ok, I'm pretty sure they have ambulances in Italy too.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ibDqbfPdY

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah for intimidation tactics. Cause you know Luka was brain dead from having half of his skull being caved in and was going to just uselessly take up space in a hospital. Like Stand user or not the situation would be the same, cause Luka would not recover.

Oh boy, are they going to have an egg on their face when some newbie joins a couple days later and it turns out his stand can heal people.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN7q7ItsQ9U

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

I really liked the shots with the enhanced contrast in this episode. Black Sabbath's shadow transitions were pretty neat too. Hope this quality keeps up all season.

Pictures linked directly from twitter like this never show up for me. Does anyone else have this problem?

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

part iv is pretty terrible if you get around to it, Teronsuke and Angelo are trapped in living hells, Shinobu doesn't know that Kosaku is dead and Hayato can't really explain what the gently caress actually happened, Nijimura's dad never gets saved, an American ends up baby trafficking with no indication of the parents knowing what happened in a town that also has like 3 dozen missing young women that vanished without a trace

Also that couple who were rude to a psycho and as a result the woman got raped and killed, while the guy got posessed, forced to commit a robbery and take a hostage, got a knife put into his stomach, then got arrested and likely put on trial for all of that.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Yinlock posted:

that or she awakened her stand and vanished from her parents and after that there's no real way to find them

Yeah, there's no way to find them, except, you know, asking the police if someone is missing their baby daughter.

jivjov posted:

I apparently got the Stand power of "can't drink milk anymore" a few years ago, then.

You got this wrong. Your stand power is explosive diarrhea, but you need dairy to trigger it.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder if Fugo was the most disliked for being the youngest for a while.

They probably gave him a lot of poo poo until he stabbed someone in the face.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

Everyone knew what Abacchio was doing. and seeing the piss go near Giorno's mouth and suddenly there's a grasshopper crawling around Abbachio's bladder zone, they would def figure something out. Then one of them tries to strike it and oops, Giorno knocks a dude out and it comes off as an attack

By directly drinking and no one of them quite understanding what Stand ability could make your teeth into jellyfish, it's more mysterious, less antagonistic and Mista thinks it's hilarous

But he could have turned the grasshopper back into piss and then Abbachio would have pissed himself.

ArmyOfMidgets, please stab your gf with an arrow, she clearly has the creative thinking needed to become a strong stand user.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Yo, Giorno! Pass me a Spudd!

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

I can't wait for the episode where Giorno has to win a toy car race.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

GuyUpNorth posted:

Bruno is pretty polite even as enforcer so far, nicely chatting instead of going directly for whatever he'd have on his person. Compare to Luca keeping the shovel around from the outset.

Well you don't really need to carry a showel around when you can magically detach people's limbs without moving a muscle.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

At some point, there must have been a time when Bruno's crew was only four people and I imagine Mista was freaking out 24/7.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

The dance was better than I ever could have imagined.

And Sex Pistols looks awesome in motion.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

He's picking out the extra bullets he keeps in his navel.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzfw494Bh9k

"unknown future of an amazing arc"

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

I want a side story with Jotaro supervising an exam and some of his students trying to cheat by using stands.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

"how to look like you're communicating with ghosts by scratching a message into your arm lightly and then quickly rubbing back and forth with a charm to increase blood flow to the area in order to make a message appear"

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

So I guess all of Araki's earlier work shows up in Jojo in some way?

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

The first two and a half episodes of part 1 are basically a period drama with no supernatural elements and I don't think that's a very good representation of Jojo as a whole. So if someone asked me to show what's so great about Jojo I would probably recommend an episode from one of the later parts to watch.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

CJ posted:

When Mistah dismisses Sex Pistols does the chewed up salami that was in their stomachs fall to the floor?

No, he actually can't dismiss them until they poop.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Does Fugo carry a stapler around at all times, or did he find one in the toilet somehow?

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

jivjov posted:

Unless his stand shrinks at the same rate he does, making Lil' Bomber Aerosmith microscopic

aerosmall

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Tevery Best posted:

I'm not going to comment on the quality of the Italian since I don't speak Italian, but why is Polpo spelled Volvo in that mail?

"Volvo" is actually Italian for "Naples prison".

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

In an alternate reality, Formaggio meets Bug-Eaten here and they become an unstoppable team.

RatHat posted:

When you think about it he could probably just fill his pockets with cars and throw them at people. Maybe he has a limit on how many things he can shrink at once.

As a general rule, the more you think about any stand power, the more you realize just how overpowered and underutilized it is.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Irritated Goat posted:

Is there any subs that fix the names but leave everything else from CR? I have a CR sub but the names are getting on my nerves this part for some reason. :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxsoSQGtBgc

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Gifv and webm don't work in previews but work in the actual posts. I don't know why. Must be the work of an enemy stand.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

here's the whole playlist

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

RatHat posted:

The title has "the animation" at the end, so yeah it's based on the anime.

Biggest question I have is how the hell The World is going to work with 19 other players. Is it going to be like Max Payne 3 and only work for people you see and people that are looking at you?

The World just makes all other players lag for a few seconds.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

I am starting to look forward to these dumb videos as much as the actual episodes.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIYEfDSxqys

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Anime-only people, please share your theories on what kind of vehicle you think the key is for.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Golden Experience is basically hamon in stand form.

Both in the "life energy" and "complete asspull bullshit" sense.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Sockser posted:

Didn't the message from the boss say that they had to go get the key so they could take a helicopter?

Nah, that was just a guess by someone in the gang.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Please refer to this handy guide on how to best experience Jojo part 5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npp6NPHk73w

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

the life punch and damage reflection should pretty much be regarded the same as poo poo like star finger. it happens like once or twice and then is never relevant again because it's stupid and/or not really applicable or useful to whatever situation is going on.

Yeah, as a general rule, you shouldn't expect any stand to do the exact thing it did during its introduction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Tunicate posted:

The main difference is that star finger is used to finish people off after their stand is already beaten, and if you removed it you would need to go to zero effort to change the fight (have him throw a rock instead, done)

Not really though? Jotaro uses star finger because he can't move properly due to the barnacles and the whirpool.