Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
And now that the ambulance has backed up over the previous thread, it's time to start looking forward to Friday again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

They're almost certainly not going to edit all the wacky inconsistencies and it's going to be amazing.

Arist posted:

There's another inconsistency that we already know is in the first episode, even!

Are they really inconsistencies, though... or are they the work of an enemy Stand? :thunk:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

somepartsareme posted:

So does anyone have a "It's finally friday" manga edit prepared for part 5?

Edit: Added spoiler tag since I'm not sure how far into the story that moment is, I just know it's one of the more iconic ones from the arc, and it was the only one I could think of a way to fit into the Friday meme. I'm sure someone else out there can do better.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 1, 2018

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

My favorite Stand in part 4 is the Stand that makes you healthier if you eat it when it's mixed into food. :discourse:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

consider this: jojo

:hmmyes:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Sockser posted:

Giogio is good.

:hmmyes: :discourse:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Spacedad posted:

Made a thing in anticipation of Golden Wind weekly eps. Feel free to steal.

Edit: Wow, someone beat me to it on last page. Well feel free to use any you like pretty much.

For what it's worth, I think yours is better.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

He carries the shovel around everywhere to make sure that anyone who fails to pay him the respect he's due gets paid back...

:frogc00l:

... in spades.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

What would a shovel based stand even be called?

Ace of Spades

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

My boss came over to me a little while ago and told me that because of the hurricane delaying the truck, we're swapping our hours for today and tomorrow, so today is Friday and tomorrow is Thursday.

I responded that today isn't really Friday because no new Jojo.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Kuvo posted:

that ED choice
:shittypop:

I looked at the spoiler that had been posted on Twitter, and figured it had to be the guy pulling a fast one just to mess with people.

Once again, I have clearly underestimated the power of David Pro's Stand, which allows them to create the best goddamn Jojo adaptation ever.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

So I just wanna make sure I have the timeline here accurate:

Golden Wind takes place in 2001. Giorno is 15. This means he would have been born in 1986.
Diamond is Unbreakable takes place in 1999. Giorno would have been 13.
Stardust Crusaders takes place around the end of 1987. Giorno would have been around 1 year old, give or take a few months.

So... somehow an infant Giorno was able to survive DIO using the Stand arrow to awaken his own Stand and the Stands of the Joestar bloodline. That's fairly impressive, given that both Holly and Josuke were stricken ill by it, and Holly nearly died from the experience.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Giorno is just a big boy for his age, it's the Joestar blood in him.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUIbBkaWddA

Avoid the comments, there's already dickheads there posting spoilers for Part 5.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

On the subject of OPs, the main thing I'm wondering about is how the final OP is going to be messed with by the main antagonist's Stand. Both Sono Chi no Kiyoku/End of THE WORLD and Great Days had fantastic bits where DIO and Kira used their Stands to mess with the OP, and I can't wait to see Part 5's take on the tradition. (Please do not take this post as an invitation to talk about the main villain of Part 5 or their Stand, even in spoiler tags.)

Also, itskage, that avatar is amazing.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Kikas posted:

We'll probably get a new OP for that, both Part 3 and 4 featured multiple OPs and only the final one is messed up by the antagonists Stand at the end. So it's not gonna be Fighting Gold.

That's why I specified "the final OP."

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Further proof that Giorno is a member of the Joestar bloodline - his ability to pull off ridiculously absurd feats of slight of hand in full view of the reader/viewer without it being revealed until way after the fact.

Swiping all the guard's stuff while she was patting him down with his hands in the air is particularly impressive.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Demicol posted:

In the future you can let the previous episode play till the end and it will start the next one automatically. At least I assume it works the same with the app as on PC.

Usually it does, but it didn't this week. The new episode wasn't up in the app on my PS4, so I tried rewatching episode 2 to see if it would automatically queue up the third episode at the end. It didn't work, so I eventually just gave up on watching it on the app and watched it on my PC instead.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

remember when the stardust crusaders just had a little girl hanging out with them for a few weeks until she eventually left, having done nothing at all

I'm still convinced that Araki mainly just had her there as a red herring for the Blue Moon fight, then his editors forced him to keep her around for a few more chapters because they thought the story needed a kid sidekick character.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Flesnolk posted:

Honest question, a big turnoff with getting into JoJo has been the whole "rampant dog murder" thing - that's really not stuff I want to see so I kind of balk at it.

Yeah, I remember a few years back, someone did a live stream where they showed the first three episodes of the series off in an attempt to get people on another forum I'm on interested in it. I left after the end of the first episode due to Dio murdering Jonathan's dog, didn't give the series a fair shot again for a fairly long time because of how put off I was by that moment.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Every time I close my eyes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbUuNDG-XoE

I wake up feeling so beep boop.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder what the last thing to go through Polpo's mind was. Besides the bullet, that is.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

RubberLuffy posted:

I can't believe my big friend Polpo is dead

It's a tragic loss that diminishes us all. One can only hope that God will forgive whoever was responsible for this.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Mister Olympus posted:

Not in Japanese it isn't. Onomatopoeia for everything, even things that don't reasonably make sounds

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Marx Headroom posted:

Man Giorno can be a cold motherfucker when he wants to be.

But is he colder than Josuke Higashikata? I mean, yeah, Giorno tricked Polpo into killing himself, but Josuke has inflicted "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream" levels of body horror on his enemies. (Yo, Angelo!)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

EVIL Gibson posted:

Nahhh , it's better to warn people when they see it they are not immediately phased by such a dumb stand .

No, I'm pretty sure it's better to not bring up a subject that's going to get the thread locked again until next Friday.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I just figured that Shizuka's mother ended up becoming one of Kira's girlfriends.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

For actual automatic stand that does not reflect damage to the user we have Highway Star, Judgement, Superfly, Thoth, Bastet, The Lock, Anubis, Cheap Trick, and some upcoming ones.

Cheap Trick reflects damage to the user. When it initially latched on to Rohan, he tried to use Heaven's Door on it to get rid of it and was affected by Heaven's Door himself. Cheap Trick then mocked him, saying that it was his Stand now, and anything Rohan did to it would be reflected back on him.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Much later on in the manga (Part 7), Araki dedicates a few pages to explaining once again every Stand rule.

The only thing I could think of was how absolutely none of them didn't get broken in Part 3 alone, nevermind the 4 Parts afterwards. The only one that was undeniably true was the one that wasn't a rule at all but a possibility.

Ignore any and all rules for Stands, they only matter when Araki feels like it.

Still more consistent than the Ripple. :v:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Oh also it was an excuse to use movie plots as chapters. Duel, Child’s Play, Link, Princess Bride, Labyrinth (I mean, Dio’s a blonde flamboyant British guy living in a house protected by a magic labyrinth that counts right?). Etc. I’m probably missing a few.

Nightmare on Elm Street.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

dordreff posted:

gently caress Guns

Thought this was social commentary before realizing it was an alternate Stand name suggestion.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Tonight I'm gonna close my eyes.

Tomorrow, I'll wake up feeling so horny.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Can't wait for some one to set this to Uptown Funk.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

Can't wait for some one to set this to Uptown Funk.

https://twitter.com/zikapepi/status/1063861573763170305

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

It's weird, because when I finally saw Sex Pistols in action in this episode, my initial thoughts also compared it to Hol Horse and the Emperor, but I was left with the impression that it's more of an upgrade to the concept than a downgrade.

"Invisible gun with infinite ammo and bullets that you can control mid-flight," sounds really good on paper... but even by his own admission Hol Horse's Stand is pretty drat weak. So weak that he takes pride in playing a supporting, #2 role to someone with an actually useful Stand. And it might just be that Hol Horse himself was poo poo at it, but for a guy who can control which way his bullets are going, he's remarkably bad at actually killing people with his Stand. He managed to hit Avdol in the head and still failed to actually kill him, and more to the point, he accidentally shot himself with his own drat Stand. And even if Mista's gun is "just a normal gun with normal bullets," Stand users are just as vulernable to normal bullets as anyone else (barring Stand shenanigans), and unlike the Emperor, if you need to use a gun to intimidate someone who doesn't have a Stand, they can actually see the gun you're waving in their face.

In conclusion, gun-based Stands are a land of contrasts, and the Emperor sucks compared to Sex Pistols.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ultimately, at the end of the day, Stand battles aren't determined by the relative power levels of the users' Stands, but by who can out-Galaxy Brain their opponent first.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

I feel like Mista and Hol Horse would hate each other, but I dont know why

The Emperor is number IV in the Major Arcana of the Tarot.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

シアーハートアタック に 弱点はない

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ranzear posted:

The only part that bugs me is Kraftwerk can only 'fix' things it touches (even if delayed/no longer touching).

How is Mista's hand stuck to the truck?

My guess is that Sale had his Stand hiding down in the back part of the truck, and it reached out and touched Mista's hand while he was distracted checking out the driver's leg and then popping up to shoot Sale.

That's how it's always worked in Jojo.

"When did you [do thing]?!" "Off-panel, while you (and the reader) weren't looking!"