Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Jackard posted:

Premise sounds 'meh' but I'll watch it anyways for punch wizards

There are a number of things about Part V I'd say are 'meh', but the premise of "It's like Goodfellas, but with Stands" owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Even down to every member of the gang getting at least one fight on their own, which goes a long way to avoiding another Avdol situation of "Oh yeah, he's here too".

Avdol is the most powerful member! Good thing he pretty much never fights or gets one-shot instantly when he does.

Seriously, he gets instantly beaten in like four different fights. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Joseph seemed to be getting better after having a run-in with the invisible baby; aside from the supermarket thing, he didn't have any real senile moments afterwards.

But yeah, he looks significantly leaner than he did in the 80s.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Man, a JoJo part set in almost the modern year seems surreal.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hey, let's not forget that Jotaro could beat up a grown man as a child. :colbert:

In fact, I recall a number of times that Jotaro just opts to hit a guy with his own bare hands rather than using Star Platinum.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You all seem to be under the misconception that DIO hasn't been playing the long con by pretending to be Joseph this whole time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Wark Say posted:

TBF, it's a really dumb hairdo.

MODS!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm ready for the taste of a liar. Again.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Edit: Added spoiler tag since I'm not sure how far into the story that moment is, I just know it's one of the more iconic ones from the arc, and it was the only one I could think of a way to fit into the Friday meme. I'm sure someone else out there can do better.

This is the ending scene of Episode 1.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The one that lets you steal other people's powers of you beat them at Janken, just because it's so oddly specific.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

smdh that you think janken kid would stoop so low as to cheat at janken.

:yeah:

Way too much pride in his luck.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I read the new translation last year and wound up liking it. Mainly because I could actually tolerate the final battle now that understood what was happening.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Supremezero posted:

My body is ready.

FOR DANCE!

I wonder how long it will take to get to this.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

where the gently caress is mickey

The conclusion of this fight is the best.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I kinda wish one of the main six was a Zeppeli since we're in Italy again. Ah well.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

cesar never scored

Probably because he kept putting pigeons in women's mouths.

He had siblings, though!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

Going by page count, from when the main cast first begins fighting the main villain (the part that confuses everyone) to the end of Part 7 is slightly longer than the entirety of part 2.

I wish I could comprehend Araki's 64 dimension chess sometimes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

DiGiorno isn't even good. Pretty much every chain is better than them.

But Pizza Hut exists.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh0gM9Fb5TA

This is the taste of a liar...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Next Episode: Bucciarati is Coming

Dammit, I should've known someone would beat me to that. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 5, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Araki is pleased.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

gently caress, that episode was so good. There's a few scenes that weren't in the manga, and the story is better for all of them.

I like Giorno stealing the lady's wallet back, followed by him immediately stealing her money. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Willsun posted:

I was told this was the gayest JoJo part ever and was not disappointed with the first episode

That was the straight part. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

galagazombie posted:

"Koichi, I just learned about a possibly evil super-powered son of my mortal enemy. I thought you, a undersized high-schooler, would be the best person to send to the other side of the planet to confront him instead of the half dozen or more super powered badasses I know. I'd go myself but these Starfish legs won't count themselves."

Well, I mean, he DID kill his father. Would be kinda awkward to go himself if Giorno knows anything about him inexplicably. Somehow Akira learned that Jotaro could stop time when he had only done it once in Morioh prior to his showing up.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The only problem I have with the beginning of Vento Aureo is that Koichi and Yukako don't go to Italy together, if only because Yukako is great and seeing her tearing Italy apart to get to Giorno would be funny to me.

Also, we never really get to see them do things as a couple. :(

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

YggiDee posted:

When Jotaro was like 'Josuke give us a good one-liner' Josuke flubbed it, so Jotaro will never ask him for anything again.

If I had any kind of editing skill, I'd turn this into a picture of Jotaro.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I have so many questions about the picture in Giorno's wallet. Mainly because it's a picture of DIO posing seductively in the darkness.

Did DIO make a naked selfie for Gio's mom? Did Gio just steal his father's naked selfie to carry around in his wallet? :psyduck:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This is good.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

It seems like the protagonists just get sleazier and sleazier the further the series goes on and I really like it. Does this trend continue?

I'd say Part 6's is a better person than Giorno, but she's no saint.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

To this day, I lie awake at night wondering why Luca carried a shovel everywhere.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

What would a shovel based stand even be called?

Digging for Gold (Garth Brooks).

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Honestly this was the strongest first episode of any of the anime parts so far.

I have not read the manga - can Bruno put anything inside anything? He explicitly said mouth but he put the eyeball in Giorno's hand. Was he just intentionally being creepy about it?

His Stand involves zippers as we see towards the end when he starts unzipping Giorno's neck. It works kinda like the Portal gun, I suppose.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that would imply that there are times when DIO is not already in a sexy pose.

Even while dying, DIO struck one last pose as he announced to the world that he was indeed DIO.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Arist posted:

I'm realizing now that in terms of what it can actually do, even just what we've already seen and ignoring any future applications that may or may not come up, Gold Experience has like, one of the broadest Stand powersets in the series.

Gold Experience's power is the Ripple. He even introduced its power with a frog. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

that's pretty much exactly it. as dio asserts more control his own stand comes forth.

also yeah gold experience is a classic jojo example of araki kind of going with something and then not revisiting it later for whatever reason. kind of like how there was such a big deal paid to josuke getting mad about his hair and there being ample opportunities for it to happen yet early on that all goes away immediately after the explanation behind why it happens occurs. which makes sense if araki doesn't want to constantly keep harping on a thing but it makes it a bit weird in the beginning when people expect something and then don't get it anymore after a specific point.

Or how about Josuke fixing things incorrectly when he's mad?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

that's honestly just a cool little wrinkle I like, same with josuke's hair being based off a formative experience

not everything is a chekov's gun, sometimes quirks are just quirks

I meant more that it's kind of dropped. Josuke never seems to fix anything incorrectly after the incident with Angelo.

Even before that, when Angelo insulted his hair, he punched a hole through Angelo('s meat puppet) and his hostage without messing up either.

yeah actually they will posted:

are you forgetting the time he punched a guy into a book pal. that book didnt have a guy in it before

He was fixing his life story. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm suddenly reminded of No Game, No Life.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

fractalairduct posted:

They've literally never done it that way, ED always comes first if they don't reveal both in the same ep

If I'm not mistaken, they did that with Episode 2 of Stardust Crusaders. The ED was Jotaro's theme until Episode 3.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

If that selection is true, I vastly underestimated how homoerotic this part will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Part 5: The part that shows how cool it is to join the mob.

I wonder if Dio would've been less of a poo poo if he had joined up with some guys like Speedwagon.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Everytime it's friday~
i wake up feeling so horny~

This, but unironically.