Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

somepartsareme posted:

but how can you explain why josuke looks just like the guy who he tried to look just like?

Nobody knows anything about what Hair Guy looks like except that Josuke copied his hair, so in the absence of any hard facts people, including Josuke, just imagine he resembled Josuke. Memories aren't like film; the act of recalling a memory recreates it and transforms it, so if Josuke's goal is to be like the stranger who saved him, then over time he'd naturally imagine the stranger looks like himself, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Maybe another implicit power of Sex Bullets is that being in the proximity of bullets leaves some residual Stand mojo on them, so Mista's gunshots can actually affect Stands despite firing otherwise normal bullets?

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

AnEdgelord posted:

So uh, how does the boss stop suffocating to death again? Does he just start shoveling gravel into his mouth to get the iron back in his blood or something?

The easiest cop-out would be that "The stand user is dead so all their stand effects revert to normal," even though that really shouldn't make sense in this scenario.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

I mean, for all we know, bits of the original meteor vaporized into the atmosphere and one in a hundred million people are exposed to enough trace amounts of space rock dust to independently develop a Stand.

Or Araki forgot, as per usual.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

LightningKimba posted:

While I was watching Jojo last night with a couple of friends, one of them discovered a plot hole by the end of "Beneath a Sky on the Verge of Falling" - Bruno bit into his lower lip and began bleeding. But that doesn't make sense, since when he was pierced by that nail way back when after he was revived by Golden Wind, he wasn't bleeding there.

What's the deal with you, Bruno? Unless that's something that occurred in the original manga, as well.

I just figured there's still a little bit of blood sloshing around his body, even after most of it spilled out after he got Krispy Kreme'd. On one hand, it seems like he no longer needs blood to function, and on the other hand, there's no necessity for what little he still has to just up and disappear.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Blaze Dragon posted:

Of all the inconsistent powers Gold Experience has, "bringing people back to life" is top of the list. Giorno never tries with Abbacchio, and it can't be used again on Bucciarati because...reasons.

I think Bucciarati coming back says more about Bucciarati than it does about Giorno. As in, there was no reasonable way that Giorno should ever be able to bring back the dead, but Bucciarati wanted so badly to stick around that he just refused to die, at least for a little while.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

The payoff to Josuke's hair rage was learning about the mysterious, meticulously-coiffed stranger and how that influenced Josuke to this day, and I guess also how Josuke is tied to the Joestar bloodline. Once we got the flashback, the hair rage served its purpose, so there was no point bringing it up anymore.

At least, that's how I'd rationalize it.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Weird that they dropped Joseph's ability to perfectly disguise himself as a beautiful woman.

My personal head canon is that he'd have brought out the makeup and dress for the other parts, too, if Jotaro or someone else hadn't stopped him.

"This D'arby guy is pretty good at games, but I bet a shut-in like him would instantly lose his cool if a beautiful woman were to walk into the room..."

"I heard DIO has an insatiable appetite for women. I know it's a dangerous gambit, but we need every edge we can get against him, so it's a risk I'll have to take..."

"How are we going to find an invisible baby? I know, I'll dress like her mommy, and instead she'll be the one crawling to us."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Nessus posted:

Would Pearl Jam have made Diavolo either puke out, or become, Doppio?

Doesn't Tonio first need to somehow know what his diners need in order to make a dish to treat them? His lamb dish was supposed to fix Okayasu's stomach problems, but first he tested it on a dog with a similar condition to make sure it'd work as intended, so it seems he makes each dish for a specific purpose.

The real question is how much about Diavolo's condition he could infer just by looking, which Tonio somehow does extremely well.