Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Risotto really did get robbed hard, probably worse than anyone else in the series. That fight was absolutely his and then he just gets mirked out of nowhere because the Boss is apparent 'aphixiating' despite being conscious and able to carry a conversation.

He did deserve way better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
That fight was fuckin gnarly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hiro Protagonist posted:

absentee father who DOESN'T support his family financially

To be fair, this is literally what Jotaro was in Morioh to take care of.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i was rooting for doppio because everything about Metallica is a hosed up thing to have happen to you

also this is where it gets noted that the lil face on King Crimson is called Epitaph (the change to Eulogy is really good) and that's what allows The Boss to erase the next ten seconds without being totally confused himself

(there is almost def spoilers in these comments so just dont read them)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFsqacN1ZCY

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=44&v=8P_GKUh4I_s

comedyblissoption fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 20, 2019

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

multijoe posted:

Risotto really did get robbed hard, probably worse than anyone else in the series. That fight was absolutely his and then he just gets mirked out of nowhere because the Boss is apparent 'aphixiating' despite being conscious and able to carry a conversation.

Bossu aggro'd the mirking and Risotto should've accounted for it but he got too excite.

comedyblissoption fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 20, 2019

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Gold Experience is a pretty hard counter to Metallica. Hard to see how Risotto would have had much luck against Bruno's bambinos.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
If he could figure out a way around Aerosmith, he'd have a pretty good chance of taking someone out. Assuming Giorno couldn't turn a scalpel or scissors back into the iron they need for their blood.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

He could turn it into blood probably. Or something to eat for iron and ignore how long it takes for bloodcells to be made.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ChaseSP posted:

He could turn it into blood probably. Or something to eat for iron and ignore how long it takes for bloodcells to be made.

Giorno: I knew there was an iron vein beneath this spot so I turned the ground into snakes that would push it to the surface so I could eat it
Risotto: Curses! That Giorno is too brilliant

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tetracube posted:

Giorno: I knew there was an iron vein beneath this spot so I turned the ground into snakes that would push it to the surface so I could eat it
Abbachio: Giorno your power is so loving stupid. I loving hate you so much stop using it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

"You are already complete" is such a bizarre translation. He's saying "You are already finished"

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Obviously he treats assassination like art. Or perhaps a well cooked meal.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
So uh, how does the boss stop suffocating to death again? Does he just start shoveling gravel into his mouth to get the iron back in his blood or something?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

perhaps tuning in to next week's episode of dragonball zjojo might clear some things up

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

AnEdgelord posted:

So uh, how does the boss stop suffocating to death again? Does he just start shoveling gravel into his mouth to get the iron back in his blood or something?

The easiest cop-out would be that "The stand user is dead so all their stand effects revert to normal," even though that really shouldn't make sense in this scenario.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

This shot loving rules goddamn

David delivered once again, absolutely amazing adaptation of one of my favorite fights from this part.

Augus fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 20, 2019

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The scenes of Doppio being brutalized were really well done.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Augus posted:

"You are already complete" is such a bizarre translation. He's saying "You are already finished"

Good to see Crunchyroll still hasn't sprung for decent translators.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ChaseSP posted:

Tetracube posted:

Risotto: Curses! That Giorno is too brilliant

Funky Valentine posted:

Abbachio: Giorno your power is so loving stupid. I loving hate you so much stop using it.

Yeah, this sounds like something that'd happen.

lightrook posted:

The easiest cop-out would be that "The stand user is dead so all their stand effects revert to normal," even though that really shouldn't make sense in this scenario.

The iron in his blood being gone, while caused by Metallica, is not really an effect of Metallica. If that makes sense.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Re: Risotto/Metallica:

https://twitter.com/eliyudin/status/897866437028700165?s=21

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

multijoe posted:

I'm pretty sure Aerosmith detects breathing by exhaling CO2 so if Doppio's blood was so iron deficient it couldn't actually participate in the whole breathing thing it would totally hide him on the radar. His lungs and vocal chords would work but the same air moving in and out unchanged wouldn't register.

He also should have blacked out in 20 or 30 seconds from lack of oxygen but, JoJo logic.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
there is also not enough iron in the human body to make nearly any of that poo poo that risotto did but that would not have been nearly as interesting so im okay with a fudging of the rules

again, the comparison of araki being a DM for the tabletop game his characters all play and tweaks some dice rolls when an idea they have would be super cool works well

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Expect My Mom posted:

there is also not enough iron in the human body to make nearly any of that poo poo that risotto did but that would not have been nearly as interesting so im okay with a fudging of the rules

again, the comparison of araki being a DM for the tabletop game his characters all play and tweaks some dice rolls when an idea they have would be super cool works well

I would just assume, that Metallica causes the small amounts of Iron to become larger for its effect. Cause it's cool.

Also I missed the first time that the reason Aerosmith got involved was because the Boss threw the scalpels at Bucciarati.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Darth Walrus posted:

Gold Experience is a pretty hard counter to Metallica. Hard to see how Risotto would have had much luck against Bruno's bambinos.

And having already lost most of his blood, Bruno is also a hard counter to Metallica

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Bruno could also just zip himself open and pull out any scissors or razor blades without further hurting himself.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
If Risotto killed the Boss, he'd no longer have any reason to immediately challenge Bruno's crew. He could just pick them off whenever he felt like it. Hell, pretty much anyone on the assassination team could have killed the protagonists if they didn't have to worry about obtaining information or making sure they didn't accidentally kill Trish.

The assassination team is loving terrifying, is what I'm getting at.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Mimesweeper posted:

I'm pretty sure Aerosmith detects breathing by exhaling CO2 so if Doppio's blood was so iron deficient it couldn't actually participate in the whole breathing thing it would totally hide him on the radar. His lungs and vocal chords would work but the same air moving in and out unchanged wouldn't register.

He also should have blacked out in 20 or 30 seconds from lack of oxygen but, JoJo logic.

That's my point, if his blood really was so hosed it couldn't carry out respiration then he should be suffocating to death, not mildly tuckered out. Araki takes some creative liberties but there's usually a credible concept behind whatever bullshit his characters are pulling, or if they fail it is because they actually hosed up and left an opening to be exploited. Risotto's plays his hand perfectly and doesn't slip up at all once he figures out Epitaph's power and then just has to lose anyway because he's fighting the arc villain, it's deeply unsatisfying.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

multijoe posted:

That's my point, if his blood really was so hosed it couldn't carry out respiration then he should be suffocating to death, not mildly tuckered out. Araki takes some creative liberties but there's usually a credible concept behind whatever bullshit his characters are pulling, or if they fail it is because they actually hosed up and left an opening to be exploited. Risotto's plays his hand perfectly and doesn't slip up at all once he figures out Epitaph's power and then just has to lose anyway because he's fighting the arc villain, it's deeply unsatisfying.

It wasn't a perfect play. Bruno's gang were a known quantity from quite early on in the fight, and he got tunnel-vision.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Good to see Crunchyroll still hasn't sprung for decent translators.

Perhaps you would like to be the dude facing those deadlines

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

multijoe posted:

Risotto gut buffs and debuffs in the fight. There’s not enough iron in your blood to produce one razor blade, much less scissors, nails, and more. So his ability was buffed. But asphyxiation got nerfed in response cause the boss going unconscious super quick is just as unsatisfying as if risotto’s power was realistic

Further the asphyxiation not being as effective as it should be carries over from a long line of jojo stuff. If we were keeping realistic, all the stardust crusaders would be crippled by time they reached dio. Also jotaro would’ve lost after he got his bones wrecked near the end of the fight with dio (if you ignore a knife going into jotaro’s head and definitely not being stopped enough by a book to keep him in fighting condition)

Condiv fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 20, 2019

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

multijoe posted:

Risotto doesnt play everything perfectly tho. He knows that Aerosmith is circling the area yet is still content to let Doppio die on his own, doing the "Heh, right behind you" when Doppop intentionally throws the scalpels the wrong way to get Brunos attention and reveals himself

Risotto speaks a lot about "failure equals death" and all that but in the moment he becomes obsessed with revenge ("I cant wait to see your true face when you die") that he thinks hes already won

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 20, 2019

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

risotto could have just absolutely pasted doppio at any point if he really wanted to but the idiot dragged it out

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Doppio had resolve.
Risotto was a terrible leader and sent his crew to pointless deaths.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Expect My Mom posted:

There's probably not enough iron in the human body to be affected by magnetism, but that ain't stop Erik.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

The not dying super fast from asphyxiation stuff can also be explained by JoJo time lasting longer than real time and dialogue being a free action. Also asphyxiation doesn't mean you can't use your stand to do poo poo.

Johnny Joestar posted:

risotto could have just absolutely pasted doppio at any point if he really wanted to but the idiot dragged it out
Risotto was trying to get information from doppio and not kill him ASAP since his goal was to find Bossu, not chump out a Bossu minion.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
There's also Doppio saying that the future he sees will happen in a few seconds and then spending like a minute arguing with the Boss about it

Also what? Risotto knew that Doppio was the Boss, that's what his whole speech about 16th century germany and multiple personalities about it. It's what "I can't wait to see your true face" was about. He sees this complete stranger acting incredibly weird in this out of the way but important place who can see Stands and puts it together. There was no info that Risotto thought Doppio had, he just wanted him dead

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think he wanted to interrogate Doppio at first, since he mentions he thought he was just a high-ranking operative, but when he realizes he's The Boss he starts making his attacks purposefully more lethal.

Granted, he did try to cut open his throat with scissors before that point, so :shrug:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

He also thought Doppio was just a chump before he miraculously ripped out the scissors which were immediately about to cut his throat which made Risotto much more interested in him.

E: Also I have not seen enough love for this piece of animation yet. https://gfycat.com/sizzlingdefinitiveerne Cause that's some good rage animation.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

There's probably not enough iron in the human body to be affected by magnetism, but that ain't stop Erik.

In that case they actually loaded that dude's body with extra iron.