Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

EL Skirvo posted:

Warhammer 40k Gladius: Relics of War

Anyone else play this? A turn based civ5-ish 4x game with no diplomacy, just war of course. Its by the same guys who did santus reach which got so so reviews but I've had a lot of fun with this one.

Currently you can play guard, orks, space marines, necrons, and also tyranids with latest expansion. Next race will likely be eldar or tau. Not much of a community but the devs are still patching and working on new content.

Been interested in it, but I just decided to go back to Dark Crusade for my 40k fix. Such a drat good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Just out of curiosity, and I know this probably isn't the place to ask, but would anyone be interested in a Dawn of War let's play? I've been wanting to do something to occupy my mind and you guys seem like you'd be the most interested.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yeah, I'd be down for that. How are you planning to do it? Informative, narrative, etc...?

I honestly hadn't really thought about it. All I know for sure is that any videos up on Youtube are either ancient, or the players aren't that fun to watch. I was thinking about trying to do a play through that I'd want to watch, which would mean setting up bases in each territory in case of counter attacks, with the emphasis being on the long game instead of just blitzing the objective. I'd want to be as informative as possible regarding whatever faction I am playing and whatever the objectives are, maybe even slip a bit of lore in there, but like I said, haven't thought about it.

Now that I am it doesn't sound like something anyone would want to watch.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Since it has been out for a couple years, has anyone messed around with 40k Gladius - Relics of War?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Would anyone be interested in playing some low stakes terrible Broodwar? I haven't played since middle school, but I want to get back into it.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Speaking of Starcraft, has there been anything new on whatever that Frost Giant game is? Already forgot the name.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

sirtommygunn posted:

"Stormgate" and no

Honestly haven't been into RTS since Broodwar. Kind of want to get back into that. Any of you all play it these days?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Senethro posted:

Solium Infernum remake out later today. Not seeing a great deal of chatter about even in strategy places, which makes sense given how niche the original was. I loved that game and I'm hoping this one finds an audience.

Picked it up and played the tutorial and then another match back to back and think the game is rad. Looking forward to trying out all the different characters and might actually try to play online.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

ZearothK posted:

How's Solium Infernum for single player?

Haven't played enough to really say for sure, but the AI seems a bit on the easy side. Need to check difficulty settings next game because I very well could have been playing on baby mode.

Still fun though, there is a lot of stuff to figure out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Everyone needs more Brood War in their life.