Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

swickles posted:

Nah, given the existence of Buridan's rear end, Chidi is a perfect choice for famine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buridan%27s_ass

(This is actually what I was thinking of but couldn’t remember the name or actual cartoon.

Also it worked better in my head when I got mixed up and thought War and Conquest were separate because Tahani would be a perfect Conquest.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

SardonicTyrant posted:

It's called Cinncinati

At least it's not Akron

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Aerox posted:

(This is actually what I was thinking of but couldn’t remember the name or actual cartoon.

Also it worked better in my head when I got mixed up and thought War and Conquest were separate because Tahani would be a perfect Conquest.)

War and Conquest might be separate actually. The only canonically named horseman is Death, the titles of the other three vary depending on which parts of the narrative you focus on. Conquest, War, Famine, and Death is a very straightforward and traditional reading, although Conquest has largely been supplanted by Pestilence in modern interpretations.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Aerox posted:

Eleanor is War, Tahani is Death, Chidi is Famine, and Jason is Pestilence, and the four of them tampering with the system brings about the end of humanity.

Is it too late to change my answer?

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

SardonicTyrant posted:

Jason called War so he can yell "Wartles"

Amazing. 👏

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The realization that everyone falls short of the standards of the true Good Place will prompt them to send a sinless being to be punished in everyone's stead and give everyone the opportunity to get redeemed by believing in him.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

YaketySass posted:

The realization that everyone falls short of the standards of the true Good Place will prompt them to send a sinless being to be punished in everyone's stead and give everyone the opportunity to get redeemed by believing in him.

sorry, does this post scream "Michael gets retired" to anyone else

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SardonicTyrant posted:

Jason called War so he can yell "Wartles"

and lo, a teal horse

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

YaketySass posted:

Season Four, Episode Thirteen: Derek Christ

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

sexpig by night posted:

and lo, a teal horse

That reminds me, has everyone seen the Jags new starting QB?

It's a shame they won't be able to make any Gardner Minshew jokes.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

curiousCat posted:

Michael is actually God and this is just his way of keeping entertained

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

curiousCat posted:

I feel like that particular sword of Damocles has been hanging over everyone's heads for too long to not drop it on them.

Michael's going to get retired at some point, leaving Eleanor 100% in charge of the new simulation. She, Tahani, and Jason effectively become God while Chidi remains stuck in a Platonic cave of his own making.

Then they'll blow it up the next episode and have Michael come back as a turkey or something.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Chidi and Simone fall in love again, then the experiment quickly changes as happens lots in this show.

At that point it would be safe to give Chidi his memories back, but there is the dilemma over is it the right thing to do.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Doug Forcett will be one of the 2 remaining test subjects, and things will suddenly get extremely complicated when he recognizes Michael & Janet

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Aerox posted:

Eleanor is War, Tahani is Death, Chidi is Famine, and Jason is Pestilence, and the four of them tampering with the system brings about the end of humanity.

Featuring special guests Michael Sheen and David Tennant

quote:

Doug Forcett will be one of the 2 remaining test subjects, and things will suddenly get extremely complicated when he recognizes Michael & Janet

I hope one of the two remaining subjects is Aristotle

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

kumba posted:

More Michael McKean, please

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
From the sneak peek, one of the new four is basically the Anti-Jason, a mild Norwegian woman with no strong opinions on anything and probably just existed in her life and not much else. It's probably gonna be a big surprise as to who's picked to gently caress with Elenore since she's probably thought to be the lynchpin of the group.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
If won't be Steve Austin and thus will be a disappointment

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I am gonna guess its someone who is basically a clone of her, only without the desire/motivation to change.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

swickles posted:

I am gonna guess its someone who is basically a clone of her, only without the desire/motivation to change.

a sister her mom never told her about

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Ignis posted:

All webisodes are up on NBC.com now https://www.nbc.com/the-good-place/

I liked these. Good appetizer for the last season.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Not available in UK. :(

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Tonight, NBC airs The Paley Center Salutes The Good Place, a look behind the scenes with interviews of the cast, at 9/8c.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

This week's episode of the podcast is really good. I didn't know Kirby Howell-Baptiste and D'Arcy Carden knew each other outside the show, and here they have nicknames for each other and everything!

Also the story of the watch that they gave Mark Evan Jackson (he plays Shawn) is really sweet.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Jet Jaguar posted:

This week's episode of the podcast is really good. I didn't know Kirby Howell-Baptiste and D'Arcy Carden knew each other outside the show, and here they have nicknames for each other and everything!

Also the story of the watch that they gave Mark Evan Jackson (he plays Shawn) is really sweet.

Mark Evan Jackson is a great podcast host, I hope he decides to do a Brooklyn 99 podcast after this season, would be pretty easy to considering the overlap between the two.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yes, yes, the time knife, we've all seen it.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, exactly how does The Good Place overlap with Brooklyn 99? Is Marc on both shows??

Also, one more FORKIN' week until The Good Place S4 premiere! I can't wait!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vietnamwees posted:

Wait, exactly how does The Good Place overlap with Brooklyn 99? Is Marc on both shows??

Also, one more FORKIN' week until The Good Place S4 premiere! I can't wait!

Marc Evan Jackson plays Holt's husband on B99 and also Michael Schur created both shows

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Rarity posted:

Marc Evan Jackson plays Holt's husband on B99 and also Michael Schur created both shows

He's been on every Schur show so far, including The Office. I think the Office one he was just a voice though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The trailers for Schur’s new show Sunnyside don’t make it look good. :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MVMds8ykuQ

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Whether Sunnyside is good or not aside, that rich, Asian couple are pretty hilarious!

All jokes aside, with the new S4 premiere coming up, are we gonna get a new thread, or just rename this one & keep rolling with the punches here?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

The_Doctor posted:

On the one hand, trailers for The Good Place made it look kind of boring too

On the other hand, Abby's really sucked

pwn
May 27, 2004

He was an executive producer on that, it was created by Josh Malmuth (his name and cache was used to help sell it though so he still has to take some credit for it sucking.) I liked the outdoor audience gimmick, but it never got off the ground.

What is "off the ground} is this shrimp...!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YajZQx5WlzY

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Eh, the trailer has promise. I prefer those types versus the ones that give away the best jokes and everything else is bad. Either way, Schur has earned a full season watch from me on whatever he does.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Vietnamwees posted:

All jokes aside, with the new S4 premiere coming up, are we gonna get a new thread, or just rename this one & keep rolling with the punches here?

Please, what do you take me for? We'll have a new thread of equivalent quality to this one up the day before the premiere.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Idk if this is a series that has longterm legs, but it could have some decent jokes in it. It almost seems like a rehash of the idea of The Good Place (people from vastly different walks of life trying to fake it/make it), but with no supernatural elements and a larger pool of people trying to survive. Also more disparate backgrounds.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

inthesto posted:

On the other hand, Abby's really sucked

Gee, thanks. I had scrubbed that late-term abortion of a series from my memory. Everything about it was terrible. It should have been a 15-minute TV movie:

"Hey, is this a bar back here? OK, well, since there are such things as zoning laws and license requirements literally everywhere in America, I have to shut this down now. Oh, don't want to leave? I'll call the cops since you're braking the lease."

Roll credits. Done.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh, those shorts are great. The discordant theme is nicely offputting.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Episode titles for the first six episodes, up through Halloween:

09.26 A Girl From Arizona part 1
10.03 A Girl From Arizona part 2
10.10 Chillaxing :buddy:
10.17 Tinker, Tailor, Demon, Spy
10.24 Employee of the Bearimy
10.31 A Chip Driver Mystery

There are new episodes for most of November, except for football on Thanksgiving. Episode 09 airs December 5, then repeats and the 2020 Miss America competition finish out the month and January 2. The schedule hasn’t been filled in after that, but one would presume that the final episodes will start airing January 9.

Edit: While there are four weeks for the rest of January starting on the 9th, and that would perfectly fit episodes 10-13, it would be Real Swell if Schur exercised his option to add up to two more episodes and the finale was a double-length one.

pwn fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Sep 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
What's the skinny for us Internet-only cord cutters? I only got into the show a few months ago and binged it on Amazon Video. It sounds like there's usually a year's (!) delay on it coming to streaming services? Is NBC still stuck in the stone age with "must have actual TV service to watch in any fashion"?