Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AAAAAAA TREVOR! :supaburn::neckbeard::ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Michael's a demon, of course he does skeezy scam artist

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

pwn posted:

She really is becoming a better person on Earth :)

Someone just guaranteed themselves a spot in the Bad Place

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wow Michael, I can't believe Brexit and the Jaguars are your fault! :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I love that they set-up a season-long premise and then immediately blew it all up again :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Phenotype posted:

Okay, so what if I have just terrible, terrible urges, all the time. I hate just about everyone I meet and find faults in everything they do. If someone crosses me the slightest bit, even by accident, even if they're a good friend, I'll spend at least the next ten minutes thinking about how badly I want to kill them, dreaming up new and horrific ways to hurt them. Every woman I see sends me into constant daydreams about sexual assault. I have no real feelings besides anger toward anyone I meet.

Except that I was raised in a good home by parents with a good moral center, and I know that my urges are awful things that I should never follow up on for the good of the world, so I'll fake being cheerful and kind and generous, donate a portion of my salary to the homeless, volunteer my time coaching disadvantaged youths in a basketball league. My wife, kids, everyone who's met me thinks I'm one of the nicest and most caring people they've ever met. I constantly receive awards from the community or local government for my good acts, even though I never ask for them and I'm not interested in the attention. And yet, basically every time I'm around other people, I can't stop thinking about how terrible they are and how much I want to murder them.

Do I get into the Good Place? Once I get there and there's no "for the good of the world", I'm probably gonna start up with the good ol' fashioned ultraviolence. Isn't that my reward?

This is why everyone hates moral philosophy professors.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Your Taint posted:

There might be. According to the Good Place point totals, you can both commit a genocide and end slavery and still be way ahead in the positive.

*finger to forehead* Can't keep slaves if all the black people are dead

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BlueBayou posted:

Chet says Trent left partial decapitations 800 years ago

Which means it was just a week ago, problem solved

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm Chidisexual

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Argue posted:

I can't believe they didn't pay off the Rick Justice running joke by having them use it on Pillboy.

They quite obviously did though

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Excuse me, I think you guys mean the final dungeon in FF2 :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Janet :swoon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Argue posted:

- Humans now receive points even after confirming how the afterlife works, if they commit good acts while believing they're going to the Bad Place, unless they have also seen this line of this changelog

Well now I'm screwed, gently caress you :mad:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

thanks alot assbag posted:

God help you if you ever start watching Steven Universe

Try being a Gravity Falls fan

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oasx posted:

The only small problem I have is how long it has taken Michael to realize that the point system is completely screwed up, since it was clear to us viewers after the first few episodes.

When you grow up in a system it takes a lot longer to recognise the flaws of the system (cf. humans, capitalism)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
itt a lot of goons overrationalise the fact that The Good Place just has ridiculously high standards

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Your Taint posted:

Guys my wife is wearing leggings as pants please advise.

Hey, I'm wearing leggings as pants too! :D

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CPColin posted:

That's like the TV/IV mission statement, though.

I acquit!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CPColin posted:

And and now it overlaps with The Orville!

Saving people from the bad television, truly this is The Good Place :unsmith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MiddleOne posted:

How is Brooklyn 99 not dead yet.

Because people love it, op

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
And it was anti-capitalist propaganda this whole drat time :allears:

The last season had now better be the gang being sent back to Earth to reform global society :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So here's a thought, if Western capitalism is the reason no one gets into the Good Place any more why is that impacting on people from exploited countries? Someone living in rural Africa for example could still live their life without interacting with these global systems.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Taear posted:

Talking of that, the Good Place committee saying it would have taken 1400 years surely doesn't matter because time isn't the same in the afterlife? Blah.

Jeremy Bearimy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Taear posted:

Exactly though. Who cares if it's 1400 years when it's Jeremy Bearimy years?

Jeremy Bearimy, mate

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Taear posted:

Because them mentioning the actual specific length of time fucks up the rules they've created and I don't like it.
It'd be so much easier to just say "The last person to enter the afterlife was in 1492!"

Mate, Jeremy Bearimy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Taear posted:

I do. Why can't they just say the number of the year and sort it out please thank you.

Because Jeremy Bearimy. Do you need us to draw you a diagram?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Lord Bude posted:

Please let this happen

I really hope none of the four are people we know. It's way too contrived.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ed in Big Little Lies

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh god, love is dead :cry:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kazy posted:

Chidi dates Simone, Elanor dates Tahani.

Elanor dates Simone and Tahani

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Russian Doll is comparable to The Good Place because they're both real loving good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

esperterra posted:

That comparison I can get behind! Tho I think Russian Doll is better.

Gurl u always get me :love:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

silvergoose posted:

Seems reasonable to me.

On the other hand, these very forums the day that harry potter book 6 was released. :shrug:

SA used to be way more dickish than it is these days

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oh, this is the Bad Place

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SardonicTyrant posted:

The Medium Place gives you a connection to SA, but no plat or upgrades and your avatar costs twice as much to change.

No SA is definitely part of The Bad Place

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FactsAreUseless posted:

*sighs, reaches for reset button*

FactsAreUseless: Man, this is a real low point. Yeah, this one hurts.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MikeJF posted:

Hell, tear away the whole idea thus is an afterlife. Why the gently caress should this be 'after' life? This should be the true human civilisation, a hundred billion people living in a post-scarcity infinite world with powers beyond comprehension where time bends and turns! This is the land for philosopher kings, creativity and art beyond measure! Our time on earth should be nothing but childhood, an embryonic phase before we ascend to join the real humanity!

STORM AND CONQUER HEAVEN AND BUILD OUR KINGDOM ON THE RUINS

You feeling all right, mate?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tarlibone posted:

What if I told you that there is no such thing... as books?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Eleanor should be with Tahani.

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

These loss edits keep getting more and more abstract