Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stooge

wah. you scared me. I didn't see you come in.

As part of Google's Terms of Service, September has officially* been annexed by October. You know what that means?

It's time for scary stories that might make you slightly uncomfortable!

so

gather round the fire:

grab a cup of hot jones

and rev up your pumpkins

because it's time... to get spooked :O

*not actually officially

SCARY STORY:
It was a dark and stormy night,
The rain fell down in torrents.
A house.
A person.
Alone, but safely tucked in bed. For now...

Suddenly! A crippling thirst, and the sink is all that way away!
They curse themselves for forgetting their water bottle.
They desperately try not to think about rehydrating themselves.
But water makes fools of us all in the end.

They leave the safety of their bed, and creep across the landing.
In their water starved state, they forgot to turn the lights on.
They approach the stairs, and grip the handrail before beginning their slow descent.

"gently caress"
They cry, as they think they have reached the bottom of the stairs but actually miscounted the number of steps and feel like they are falling.
"I hate it when that happens"

The end...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

A very pretty girl in her late teens sits on her bed, absentmindedly brushing her long hair.

Her looks made some of the other girls at school jealous, to the point of making at least a few enemies just by walking down the hall and flashing a smile at another girls boyfriend.

In her bedroom, she picks up a fashion magazine, and turns a few pages. Startled by a noise, she jumps up and drops the magazine to the floor.

There was an unexpected call. The call was coming from inside the house.

"Honey, dinner time!" her mom called from the kitchen.

It was meatloaf night.

google THIS

I've heard that there's this YouTube video, and if you watch it, seven days later you'll have completely forgotten about it. It's not a very interesting video.

Manifisto

it's a humid summer's eve and two teens have parked their car in a secluded spot. the radio plays while they make out teenagerishly. suddenly an announcement interrupts the music: "breaking news! a killer with a hook for a hand has escaped from prison and he is thought to be hiding out in [secluded spot]." the first teen says "oh my god I'm scared, let's go!" the other teen says "that's ridiculous, there's nothing to worry about, we're totally safe." however teen #1 is no longer in a making-out mood and insists on being driven home, much to the annoyance of teen #2.

when they get to the first teen's house, the second teen gets out and goes around the car to open the door for their companion. however, upon approaching the car door, teen #2 sees something that makes their eyes go wide with shock and horror. somebody had written "wash me!" in the dust!!

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
rattled from the thunderstorm outside the frightened old man made his way into the kitchen, the flashes of lightening briefly illuminating the coffeepot perched precariously on the edge of the counter. his frail old hands shaking, he gingerly removed an ancient mug from a cabinet, the little clink of it striking the counter caught the attention of the small cat napping on the sofa. struggling to hold his spoon straight, the old man measured out a bit of sugar and stirred it into his coffee before turning towards the fridge, the cat arched it's neck and gave a nervous glance towards the old man, trying desperately to tell him not to open the refrigerator.

the old man paused for a moment, feeling the tension in the air, his withered hand resting on the handle for a moment. a crack of thunder boomed outside, rattling the house, followed by a flash of lightning that sparked off the cats eyes, the two stared into each others souls for a moment before the old man finally creaked open the door, the light from within illuminating the kitchen. carefully reaching in, the old man grasped the carton of cream, his hand pausing for a moment as his heart sank... that loving cat drank it all again. god loving dammit.

kalel

at my friend's september costume party (NOT an early halloween party, they're entirely separate affairs), I move to grab the last of the chocolate chip cookies on the table across the room when I get caught in awkward small talk with *that* guy. you know who I'm talking about. you know, *that* guy. anyway we're talking, well he's talking and I'm nodding along with him, eyeing the last of the cookies through my novelty googly-eyed glasses/nose/mustache mask. I feel the pull of the sweet treat but an equal and opposite pull towards the conversation, out of sheer manners and, let's face it, social awkwardness. on and on he drones about this or that, a football game or his recent break up or how I'm such a good friend, yadda yadda. Suddenly I see another partygoer move with intent to snatch my quarry. In desperation I mumble a quick "excuse me" to my captor and make a break for it, through the room, past the couch and beer pong table and speakers, almost knocking into my friend and spilling my drink all over her meticulously-crafted mermaid tail and seashell bikini combo. finally I get within grabbing distance, pick it up quickly and take a bite without thinking—and recoil in horror.

oatmeal raisin.

Manifisto

"Villains!" I shrieked, "dissemble no more! I admit the deed! --lift up the area rug! here, here! --It is the stain from when I spilled some red wine!"

ty nesamdoom!

Dungeon Ecology

the call was coming from... BRANSON, MISSOURI :ghost:

FluffieDuckie

Dungeon Ecology posted:

the call was coming from... BRANSON, MISSOURI :ghost:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

"Villains!" I shrieked, "dissemble no more! I admit the deed! --lift up the area rug! here, here! --It is the stain from when I spilled some red wine!"

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
it was a dark and boring night

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Stooge

I call this one: Tall lights

A woman was driving home alone late at night. After a while she realised a car behind her had been following her for quite some time. Every now and then the car would flash its headlights at her, and she felt very threatened so she sped up. No matter how hard she tried she could not get rid of the car that was trailing her.

Eventually she saw a petrol station and pulled in to get help. The strange car pulled up next to her and parked. She sprinted towards the kiosk but heard a voice called after her "wait, I need your help!", it was the person from the car that had been following her.

Against her better judgment, she stopped and waited for the figure who slowly jogged towards her, panting. As the figure drew near he said inbetween breaths "hey, you wouldn't happen to be a mechanic wouldya? Dang headlights are on the fritz again".

Manifisto

there was a fashionable young lady who decided that a beehive hairdo was just the thing to attract attention. she sprayed and ratted her hair into a huge mound, and was told that she should never take it down or wash it or comb it because it would take too long to redo. not long afterwards, what should she see dangling down from her forehead but a huge black spider! she let out a long, piercing wail--until she saw the guy standing next to her with a plastic spider on a string. "sorry to scare you ma'am, but those are some exceptional pipes you've got on you," he said. "let me ask you this, can you make a sound like a rock lobster?"

ty nesamdoom!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
... and finally the yobbers suspicion got the better of her.
she slowly opened the box, and gasped
it was resin
they had been smoking resin this entire time

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Manifisto posted:

FluffieDuckie

what follows is a true story that happened JUST THIS WEEK

one dark and stormy night, a woman was sitting alone in her kitchen when all of a sudden she heard a sound she couldn't put her finger on. she looked frantically around the kitchen, and to her horror she saw that the microwave started up ALL BY ITSELF

so she unplugged it

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

FluffieDuckie posted:

what follows is a true story that happened JUST THIS WEEK

one dark and stormy night, a woman was sitting alone in her kitchen when all of a sudden she heard a sound she couldn't put her finger on. she looked frantically around the kitchen, and to her horror she saw that the microwave started up ALL BY ITSELF

so she unplugged it

maybe ghosts wanted ghost-popcorn

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

one dark and spooky afternoon, a nice lady went to the gas station to get a sandwich. she paid and left, got home and unwrapped it to find out...

...it wasn't just cheese and mustard, like it was marked. IT WAS ALSO TURKEY. WITH MAYO. D:

FluffieDuckie

hamjobs posted:

one dark and spooky afternoon, a nice lady went to the gas station to get a sandwich. she paid and left, got home and unwrapped it to find out...

...it wasn't just cheese and mustard, like it was marked. IT WAS ALSO TURKEY. WITH MAYO. D:

*screams*

Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless
one day a man was at the self wash car wash, lathering his jeep grand cherokee with soap. he had 1:30 left, and confidently kept lathering. as he grabbed the sprayer to rinse the jeep, he realized he would not have enough time to rinse the entire thing...and he was out of quarters.

the timer ran out as he sprayed the jeep in a panic, and he had to drive home with soap still on the passenger side...

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

one day a man was at the self wash car wash, lathering his jeep grand cherokee with soap. he had 1:30 left, and confidently kept lathering. as he grabbed the sprayer to rinse the jeep, he realized he would not have enough time to rinse the entire thing...and he was out of quarters.

the timer ran out as he sprayed the jeep in a panic, and he had to drive home with soap still on the passenger side...

This is the scariest story in the thread

What the hell is happening, byob has gone SPOOPY AND DARK

Starshark
This is something I've been working on for nanowrimo and I'm pretty happy with it.

These two kids go into the woods and they got killed.

Before I give it to a publisher, can I get feedback? Constructive only, please.

kalel

Starshark posted:

This is something I've been working on for nanowrimo and I'm pretty happy with it.

Way too spooky. I suggest you remove the part about them getting killed. Maybe have them get pooped on by a huge flock of birds instead

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
A ghost I am
a ghost so scary
my sheet is white
you should be wary

I like to hide
underneath your bed
sometimes I scare
you as I'm dead

but right now
I am in quite a quandary
your mother threw
me in the laundry

artoke

it was a friday night
and everyone was chillin
in that smoky party haze
and the dj be killin

but all of a sudden
at the door there was a knock
party went from buzzin
to decidedly shocked

one brave patron
the homeowner, perhaps
said they will check
and that they gave no craps

as they approached the door
the tensions did rise
a slow creak revealed
the local pizza guy

party's on, pizza's here
said the relieved host
come on in, grab a beer
you look like a ghost

then everyone got quiet
and the pizza guy looked sad
i actually am a ghost, he said
just tryin to make your party rad

the invitation stands
tonight you chill with us
if you don't have any plans
rad ghost party or bust!

so yeah, thats my story
about a halloween ghost
for all the parties ive been to
that one rocked the most

Manifisto

Fredrik1 posted:

A ghost I am
a ghost so scary
my sheet is white
you should be wary

I like to hide
underneath your bed
sometimes I scare
you as I'm dead

but right now
I am in quite a quandary
your mother threw
me in the laundry

artoke posted:

it was a friday night
and everyone was chillin
in that smoky party haze
and the dj be killin

but all of a sudden
at the door there was a knock
party went from buzzin
to decidedly shocked

one brave patron
the homeowner, perhaps
said they will check
and that they gave no craps

as they approached the door
the tensions did rise
a slow creak revealed
the local pizza guy

party's on, pizza's here
said the relieved host
come on in, grab a beer
you look like a ghost

then everyone got quiet
and the pizza guy looked sad
i actually am a ghost, he said
just tryin to make your party rad

the invitation stands
tonight you chill with us
if you don't have any plans
rad ghost party or bust!

so yeah, thats my story
about a halloween ghost
for all the parties ive been to
that one rocked the most

Starshark
DID YOU KNOW..?

Everyone involved in the discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb has since DIED?!? :ghost:

Nosfereefer

Starshark posted:

DID YOU KNOW..?

Everyone involved in the discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb has since DIED?!? :ghost:

hell, everyone who built it as well :tinfoil:

Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless
a man is suddenly awakened by the loud roar of an engine. he realizes that it is the garbage truck, and he forgot to take the trash out. rushing out of the house holding 2 bags full of garbage, he yells at the truck to stop, but it's too late . . .suddenly the bags both rip open, spilling wet garbage all over him.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Manifisto

a man buys a dessicated monkey's paw from a strange curio shop. examining his purchase later that evening, he wishes he had not frittered away his money on something so stupid. the next morning, the monkey's paw is nowhere to be found! also the family dog looks unusually smug.

ty nesamdoom!

Peg Sliderskew

Starshark posted:

It's a bit long. They do say cut 25% of any story in the first edit...

*says 'cut' in Cryptkeeper voice*

Courtesy of Manifisto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

one dark and kinda muggy evening, with a lot of fog, a lady was walking down a pedestrian tunnel under the road with her dog.

the dog stopped, pulled back on the leash and said a mighty "BOOF."

the lady, nervous because she had anxiety and didn't like walking alone, said "what is it frankie?"

the dog looked at the lady, sat, and pointed, letting out a quiet but mighty "BOOF" once more.

the lady looked up and saw, to her horror....A SKITTERING LEAF.

the lady screamed, quietly, and the dog attacked the skittering leaf.

they continued walking after the leaf was thoroughly murdered, and as they exited the tunnel to the walking trail the dog again sat, pointed and let out a might "BOOF."

the lady said "oh no, what is it?" her voice choked with anxiety.

the dog leaped into action and killed...ANOTHER LEAF.

this continued for hours, until the lady arrived home, shaken and a little crunchy from removing all the leaves from the dog's mouth, and as she approached she saw something sticking up out of her mailbox. she gingerly opened the mailbox and to her horror found.........

... IT WAS ALSO FULL OF LEAVES D:

THE OAK TREES ARE LOSING THEIR LEAVES AND IT IS NOW TIME TO HIRE A NEIGHBORHOOD CHILD TO RAKE THEM D:

Stooge

hamjobs posted:

THE OAK TREES ARE LOSING THEIR LEAVES AND IT IS NOW TIME TO HIRE A NEIGHBORHOOD CHILD TO RAKE THEM D:

The true horror here is the gig economy.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Stooge posted:

The true horror here is the gig economy.

it's true because i pay really well but if i hired someone through taskrabbit they would leave a bunch of leaves around because they're underpaid :(

Stooge

hamjobs posted:

it's true because i pay really well but if i hired someone through taskrabbit they would leave a bunch of leaves around because they're underpaid :(

Provide me with:
a) a rake
not a) a leaves

And I'll rake your leaves. I accept payment in leaves or the bread you've been baking.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Stooge posted:

Provide me with:
a) a rake
not a) a leaves

And I'll rake your leaves. I accept payment in leaves or the bread you've been baking.

i will pay you in leaves of delicious croissants, because those MFers are looking great. there's also homemade butter and homemade honeyberry butter from my honeyberry bushes (and the local jersey cow who is long-suffering and sweet).

gleebster

Only a howler
Once upon a midnight dreary, as I pondered weak and weary
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
Suddenly I started yawning, knowing it would soon be morning,
So I went to bed.

Manifisto

suburban soccer mom: it's horrible, I don't know how it happened, but my little angel turns out to be a CANNIBAL!!

of his own boogers

ty nesamdoom!

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
She was beautiful in a strange, mysterious way. Her hair and her deep bottomless eyes were as black as the velvet ribbon around her neck. He planned to marry her before the next full moon rose in the autumn sky. "But on one condition," she said, "that you never ask me to remove the ribbon around my neck."

On their wedding, he watched her walked towards him up the long aisle. She was dressed in a white gown, a white veil, and carried a bouquet of white flowers. Even her face was ivory white. But below it, around the ivory neck, was the black velvet ribbon. He remembered staring at that ribbon as the strains of the wedding march brought his bride nearer to him. He remembered the curious and shocked looks on the faces of the wedding guests. But then his eyes met hers, and he was drowning in their bottomless darkness.

He didn't think of the velvet ribbon during the rest of his wedding day. It was a joyous time, and if people thought his wife was a bit strange, they kept that to themselves. That night, when they were alone, he saw that the ribbon was still there, still circling her lovely neck.

"Don't you ever take that ribbon from around your neck?" he asked, hoping his question was a needless one.

"You'll be sorry if I do," his wife answered, "so I won't."

Her answer disturbed him, but he did not question her further. There was plenty of time for her to change her ways.

Their life together fell into a pleasant pattern. They were happy, as most newly married couples are. He found her to be a perfect wife... well, nearly perfect. Although she had a great number of dresses and wore a different one every day, she never changed the black velvet ribbon. This ribbon began to be the test of their marriage. When he looked at her, his eyes would inevitably fall to her neck. When he kissed her, he could feel the ribbon tightening around his own throat.

"Won't you please take that ribbon from around your neck?" he asked her time and time again.

"You'll be sorry if I do, so I won't." This was always her answer. At first it teased him. Then it began to grate on his nerves. Now it was beginning to infuriate him.

"You'll be sorry if I do."

One day he tried to pull the ribbon off after she had repeated her answer, like a mechanical doll. It wouldn't come loose from her neck. He realized then, for the first time, that the ribbon had no beginning and no end. It circled her neck like a band of steel. He had drawn back from her that day. Things weren't the same with them after that.

At the breakfast table, the black ribbon seemed to mock him as he drank his suddenly bitter coffee. In the afternoon, outside, the ribbon made a funeral out of the sunlight. But it was at night when it bothered him the most. He knew he could live with it no longer.

"Either take that ribbon off, or I will," he said one night to his wife.

"You'll be sorry if I do, so I won't." She smiled at him, and then fell off to sleep.

But he did not sleep. He lay there, staring at the hated ribbon. He had meant what he said. If she would not take off the ribbon, he would.

As she lay sleeping and unsuspecting, he crept out of bed and over to her sewing box. He had seen a small, sharp scissors she kept there. It was thin enough, he knew, to slip between the velvet ribbon and her soft neck. Gripping the scissors in his trembling hands, he walked softly back to the bed. He came up to where she lay and stood over her. Her head was thrown back on the pillow, and her throat with the black velvet ribbon around it rose ever so slightly with her breathing.

He bent down, and with one swift movement, he forced the thin blade of the scissors under the ribbon. Then with a quick, triumphant snip, he severed the ribbon that had come between them.

The black velvet ribbon fell away from his wife's neck....revealing a Hootie and the Blowfish tattoo. The artwork was subpar, some of the colors were outside of the lines, and "hootie" was misspelled as "hootey". She awoke, crying "I told you you'll be sorry......."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
It was on a high shelf at the old junk shop, covered in dust. Carol reached up and took the box down, brushing it off, revealing a scuffed cover. She looked for the old man who ran the store, but he hadn't come back from lunch. "Everything $1, leave the money in the envelope on the counter, out for lunch" the sign said. She looked back at the box, able to make out the phrase THE STRANGEST JIGSAW PUZZLE IN THE WORLD at the top, but the picture underneath had been scratched off. "500 pieces, huh? I guess this'll be a little more challenging that usual without the picture, but why not," she said. She loved rummaging through secondhand stores, finding bizarre treasures, and this one piqued her curiosity.

She slipped a dollar into the envelope and headed home with her unique find. She unlocked the door to her apartment, turned on the lights, and put the box on her dinner table. After finishing some laundry and reading a book for a bit, it had become evening, and she began to prepare dinner, lasagna for one. She decided she would do the puzzle while she ate, and opened the box, spilling the musty pieces on the table. She started to sort out the edge pieces from the middle pieces, and every so often, would recognize part of something in one of the pieces. She saw a small vase, a window frame, some hair, wood texture, some wallpaper. Carol noticed that the wallpaper from the puzzle piece was eerily similar to her own wallpaper, and wondered just how old the wallpaper in her apartment was.

She set the lasagna next to the puzzle area, and started to fill in the border. When she finished, she was intrigued to find that the setting of the picture was definitely a room. One side of it was the same design was the wallpaper; Carol decided to fill that in first, but became more curious about the similarities between it and her own wallpaper. They were an exact match. By now it had become dark outside, and feeling uneasy, Carol pulled down the white shade over her window. She thought about going back to her reading, but the puzzle drew her towards completion. Next she started to fill in the lower right corner. There was a rub and a chair, just like in her own apartment, though the colors didn't match. Her chair was dark red, the one in the puzzle was definitely black. She continued to fill in to the middle, which did turn out to have a window in it, though she hadn't found the pieces for the middle of it yet; but she could make out a full moon. However, it was the bottom of the puzzle that bothered Carol the most.

As the pieces fell into place, she began to see a picture of crossed legs under a table, the legs of a young woman. Almost as if hypnotized, she continued on, noticing more and more similarities to her own room as she filled the pieces in one by one. Should she stop? Would it be worse not to know?

She fought off the fear and soldiered on, and it was all there in the picture - her vase, her sweater she was wearing, the look of fear in her face that she now had. She looked behind her, thankful that at least the window was still drawn, unlike the open one in the puzzle. Bit by bit, until there were three slots remaining, where the middle of the window would be.

Carol looked around, checked the box, checked under the box, checked the floor. "Are you loving kidding me?" she said. She looked under the tablecloth. The pieces were nowhere to be found. "Well this loving sucks. Jesus gently caress." She grabbed a bottle of wine out of the fridge and went back to her book, not hearing the disappointed sigh from outside her window.

• Locked thread