Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

DancingShade posted:

DO NOT pre-order X4. loving don't do it.

I'm gonna do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Liu9SBeNJT4&t=55s

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hopefully turrets work like the mars mod for x3.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

mods changed my name posted:

i want to play the space game

:same:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

They do, it's in one of the gameplay videos and when you get up from the seat an AI dude will jump in and be the auto pilot.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It was 80 bucks iirc

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

even ripping off space game nerds wasn't an original idea for Chris Roberts.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Some people tie their identity to their video game toy so hard that if you don't use their version of what is the best they get very angry.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Pre launch live stream about 20 min from this post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfMtvtxD5Ik

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Orv posted:

On some level I've come to prefer a controller even over a full on joystick just because of the ease of use between the grip and throwing it down to mess with mouse/keyboard so I'm not that bothered by it.

Freelancer mouse flight has always been an anathema to good gameplay. :colbert:

Yeah this is why I switched from X52 to Xbox pad in Elite.

I played X3AP with a controller and it played just fine, rebirth did too.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Is he playing with the graphics maxed?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

No, because you can play this in 2 days.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

At least they didn't give it to some popular variety streamer that would be completely lost and poo poo on the game.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

metasynthetic posted:

Don't preorder you fools

Too late

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Oh wow, they gave a key to Cohh, that's some good exposure, 5700 people already tuned in.

https://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Steam page says it has full controller support, devs said the same. They also said it will ship with a default X52 profile.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Popete posted:

It's pretty hosed up I cannot play this game right now.

:hmmyes:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Bring back Morgan Webb for a review.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

i5 6600k 970 and 16GB, will let you know tomorrow evening.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm going to try running it over steam link as well, my PC runs rebirth super smooth that way so I'm optimistic.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The 10 series is STILL too god drat expensive club.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Squiggle posted:

I wouldn't worry. At 2160x1440 with Adaptive Vsync on, SSAO off and FXAA turned up to Medium, all other "High" settings left alone, I'm getting 45-60 FPS walking around station. Space seems to be 60+, at least in the starting sector for the Argon guy.

Edit: At 1920x1080, full High settings with FXAA "Medium"(off by default) is running 60+. CLUB 970 IS FINE.

nice

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

mods changed my name posted:

steam reviews not looking good

still, I am hitting the buy button

steam reviews always nosedive at first because the only people reviewing are those with malware infested, misconfigured potatoes that should probably not be allowed to play games on anything more complex than a phone.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

buglord posted:

Is that pronounced the way I think it is

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:lol:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

hobbesmaster posted:

you say that like theres any other possible response to that post

definitely not

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

would be awesome if you could figure out how to make a living as a space hobo. Are there lockers and stuff full of personal inventory items you can loot and sell on stations until you could afford a ship?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

gonna make a space hobo save

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Running it over steam link with my crappy old 970 club PC seems to be working well enough but I can't seem to right click anything with a gamepad so I'm gonna have to play at my desk to hire people :(

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Do the crew members level up? My pilot is currently 0 in piloting.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I found a few hundred thousand worth of those security slicer things but I can't figure out how to sell them, they don't show up in any of the trade screens. Anyone know how?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Found this thing just floating in space, quite an upgrade from the Discoverer

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Well finding a ship floating in space has introduced me to a new bug, not sure if it's just this ship or all captured/claimed ships but when I get out of it in my space suit it won't let me back in. Just "docking denied" over and over, I had to call my Discoverer over and float into it then have both dock at a station after I repaired the big one.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TwoDice posted:

Where do I find someone with management skills?

Check the management room on stations

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

You can land on any friendly capital ship and go to the bridge and yeah there are dudes manning the consoles and walking in and out.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Are the bars accessible from the transport lift thing or is it something you walk around to find? I haven't seen one at all yet.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Womyn Capote posted:

Im still confused about the lockbox thing. I dont know if anyone really answered it. Do you shoot it with a suit weapon or ship weapon? Is there another suit laser besides the repair beam?

Make one of your primary weapon configurations just one weapon, then maneuver so the single pipper is on the lock and fire once.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

No issues finding some khaak in the X Universe for me.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Apparently Digital Seminars are currently just a vendor item: https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=402692&p=4758388&hilit=digital+seminar#p4758388

So I have no clue how to level up crew. There was a mod for Rebirth where they would level based on what they were assigned to so maybe that will be the solution again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

Huh, I'm playing about with it and I think that once you've bought the parts for a station module, you can actually take it apart again, or move it elsewhere on the station, without paying any extra cost other than the price of re-hiring a builder... You get back all the parts if you disassemble it.

That's really loving nice if so.

Can you rotate parts in the placement screen? Trying to design the phq and the snap is only letting me go in one direction.