Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is it?
Other [Will Explain in Comments}
View Results

• Locked thread
i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Hey,

We all know heard of the number of the beast, right? Well, some biblical historians have been saying that the actual mark of the beast is 616, and not 666, the number we all grew up with and loved.

I personally think it is 616. 6+1+6 = 13. The beast was talked about in Revelation 13. I guess that just makes more sense to me, otherwise the bible would have picked Revelation 18 (6+6+6).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I refuse to believe that Iron Maiden would lie to me.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

Spreading your cancerous lies, here is the word of god. May god have mercy on you op

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The church of satan seem to be down with 666 and I like to think they know what they're talking about OP.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

split the difference and call it 641, op

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Shima Honnou posted:

I refuse to believe that Iron Maiden would lie to me.

The bible said the devil is a liar. So Iron Maiden who are about the devil might naturally lie about the mark of the beast? Makes sense?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
A true Prince of Lies would tell the truth and then lie about it later so it makes sense that it is 666 but he doesn't want us to know it is six six six.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No it’s actually 606 which is the operator code one would enter into a computer with a risc processor when they are sacrificing a lamb on an altar and making a carbon transformation. 60606 would be the code for two twin lambs at the same time. Makes a nor gate with the least significant bit sandwiched in the middle. For an OS written in nor logic the code would either be “nor 11” or “nor AA” to do the same thing in the assembly language.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
it's 1, op (my vote on this thread)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

It's neither because Satan is fictional much like Jehovah/Yahweh

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I guess 'Ronald W. Reagan' works just as well, so, either is fine

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost
it's 666. They made a song about it and everything

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

No it’s actually 606 which is the operator code one would enter into a computer with a risc processor when they are sacrificing a lamb on an altar and making a carbon transformation. 60606 would be the code for two twin lambs at the same time. Makes a nor gate with the least significant bit sandwiched in the middle. For an OS written in nor logic the code would either be “nor 11” or “nor AA” to do the same thing in the assembly language.

Everything about your posting and self is pretty demonic so I actually trust what you say on this and that it even makes quite a lot of sense.

A computer beast code would be 606 or 616 instead of our known binary 010101.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sid Vicious posted:

It's neither because Satan is fictional much like Jehovah/Yahweh

Psshhh I mean NOW she’s a fictional character lol. :jerkbag:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

i like that posted:

Everything about your posting and self is pretty demonic so I actually trust what you say on this and that it even makes quite a lot of sense.

A computer beast code would be 606 or 616 instead of our known binary 010101.

It’s assembly language not machine code.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Psshhh I mean NOW she’s a fictional character lol. :jerkbag:

Bowsette?

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

DogonCrook posted:

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

Spreading your cancerous lies, here is the word of god. May god have mercy on you op

There have been mistranslations and revisions because the bible has been such a hot potato. I'm trying to understand it more, because how can I know and understand or honor God if the data entry is flawed.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lol no way.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Gazpacho posted:

it's 1, op (my vote on this thread)

I vote '4' you to change your mind on that.....

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
666 is the devils number which is why there's no 666 area code. There is, however a 616 area code.

Would our government lead us this far astray? No, so checkmate, athetits.

cnut
May 3, 2016

central dogma posted:

666 is the devils number which is why there's no 666 area code. There is, however a 616 area code.

Would our government lead us this far astray? No, so checkmate, athetits.

:hmmyes:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost
if there was a 666 area code I'm sure it would be in LA. Hollywood is such animals

today i own a gun
Sep 2, 2018

by SA Support Robot
obviously the catholic church is equally as bad as the boy scouts OP what kind of thread is this

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

666 actually refers to Nero Caesar, who was a pretty bad and hosed up dude.

N = 50
R = 200
W = 6
N = 50
Q = 100
S = 60
R = 200

= 666

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pawn 17 posted:

N = 50
R = 200
W = 6
N = 50
Q = 100
S = 60
R = 200

= 666

I don't think that's how you spell nero

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
Call 666-HELL for a free consultation

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
616 is the main Marvel Universe.

Which is only kinda like hell.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Obsidianheart posted:

yup

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Blue Train posted:

I don't think Nero spelled his name in English

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Thought this was gonna be about the marvel universe, where 616 designated the main universe. This is very problematic

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pawn 17 posted:

N = 50
R = 200
W = 6
N = 50
Q = 100
S = 60
R = 200

= 666

It’s actually pronounced ses om or “seize ohm”. Referring to iron sets made in animals and people who have been given 7th order and prime order nerve damage so the set takes on a human altar. Retards. It gives them more range of motion in stop time because it’s a c4 vertebral transformation vs sets made in animals that lodge lower in the spine. A Caesar can kill a general, etc.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

Lol I noticed. But it doesn't stop Wikipedia from decidedly agreeing it Was Nero C. Maybe it is since he was definitely problematic, but I need more information!

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Obsidianheart posted:

So it is 616? Earth is kind of like hell and Marvel borrows from all the mythological dramas....

i like that fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 30, 2018

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

popewiles posted:

I don't think Nero spelled his name in English

So it was going in on Nero? And because NC was a person and time is cyclical, there will always a be 'great beast'? Or could have it just been a coincidence (a false positive) and/or maybe just something like synchronicity.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

i like that posted:

So it is Nero? And because NC was a person and time is cyclical, there will always a be 'great beast'?

No. Its nero, because that was his name. He played a fiddle while rome burned. Did you not know this?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

i like that posted:

So it was going in on Nero? And because NC was a person and time is cyclical, there will always a be 'great beast'? Or could have it just been a coincidence (a false positive) and/or maybe just something like synchronicity.

quote:

If we spell Caesar Nero as “Kaisar Neron,” which is the Hebrew equivalent (or transliteration), then we can add up the number of each letter. 

Some interpreters believe that this was purposely encoded to describe Nero, so that Christians wouldn’t be openly persecuted by the Roman government.[2] However, we might respond, if Nero was already dead at the time of this book’s writing (AD 95), why would believers be afraid of persecution from him? Even the Roman senate knew Nero was insane, censuring him in AD 68. In addition to this, there are several other problems with this interpretation:

First, it is easy to force a meaning using this methodology. For instance, it’s suspicious that we need to transliterate Nero’s name into Hebrew before adding up the numbers. Why couldn’t we just add up the numerical value in Greek? Moreover, if we transliterate into Latin, we get similar results. Some early manuscripts read “616” rather than “666.” Osborne notes, “The Latin form of ‘Nero Caesar’ transliterated into Hebrew adds up to 616.”[3] This makes us wonder if we’re really discovering a meaning or if we’re creating one. Dr. George Salmon (mocking the idea of trying to use gematria to figure out who 666 refers to) aptly writes,

First, if the proper name by itself will not yield it, add a title; secondly, if the sum cannot be found in Greek, try Hebrew, or even Latin; thirdly, do not be too particular about the spelling… We cannot infer much from the fact that a key fits the lock if it is a lock in which almost any key will turn.[4]

Myth busted!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

i like that posted:

Nero is Oren or more accurately “or en s” refers to the usage of the 2 ton gold sets created by the Apollo program (the first 200 year launch landed in the ocean and electrocuted to a gnarled 10lb gold nugget lol) so 400 years later they launch this twisting spaceship in a northerly direction and the engineering is so lovely that instead of trying to make it correctly they commission all these inbred retards to make a bunch of sets to try in S (apollo gold ladder to the north) and orens extrapolated this data from putting a logic gate in S and made an altar out of pine wood and iron. The pine can conduct enough electricity it a given direction without arcing, enough to make iron transformations in people. Turns out it didn’t work in S as expected but it was repurposed for eliter than elite war generals as guards for moses’s monkey and ram sacrifice combination.

So the real name is “OR en S Ses Om”

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

Some interpreters believe that this was purposely encoded to describe Nero, so that Christians wouldn’t be openly persecuted by the Roman government.[2] However, we might respond, if Nero was already dead at the time of this book’s writing (AD 95), why would believers be afraid of persecution from him? Even the Roman senate knew Nero was insane, censuring him in AD 68. In addition to this, there are several other problems with this interpretation:

First, it is easy to force a meaning using this methodology. For instance, it’s suspicious that we need to transliterate Nero’s name into Hebrew before adding up the numbers. Why couldn’t we just add up the numerical value in Greek? Moreover, if we transliterate into Latin, we get similar results. Some early manuscripts read “616” rather than “666.” Osborne notes, “The Latin form of ‘Nero Caesar’ transliterated into Hebrew adds up to 616.”[3] This makes us wonder if we’re really discovering a meaning or if we’re creating one. Dr. George Salmon (mocking the idea of trying to use gematria to figure out who 666 refers to) aptly writes,

First, if the proper name by itself will not yield it, add a title; secondly, if the sum cannot be found in Greek, try Hebrew, or even Latin; thirdly, do not be too particular about the spelling… We cannot infer much from the fact that a key fits the lock if it is a lock in which almost any key will turn.[4]

Myth busted!

I like that you kept the wikipedia [2]

• Locked thread