Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Small target shortens gonna lose, again. They'll say it's not his fault, turnbull Morrison was new face people weren't yet sick of like abbott turnbull but shorten will get it next time and we'll never be rid of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The motherfucking goddamned radio just reminded me the department of home affairs has only existed since December jesus loving christ it feels like arch chancellor Dutton has been head of the secret police for 3 years. A 10 month old monstrosity headed by possibly the worst person in Australia given to him by Turnbull, desperate save his own rear end, and it's already untouchable.

Shorten already says he's gonna be bipartisan on security matters which means the liberals are going to control all policy.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Shorten also says he'll abide expert advice which I would love somebody to convince me aren't all psychos either appointed by or fellow travelers of Dutton

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Anidav posted:

I am a firm believer that immigration policy will shift into something good once they are in government. They are just playing me too at the moment so the Liberals have nothing to campaign about. The reason 2016 was almost a hung parliament was because Labor gave Turnbull nothing to campaign onand nothing to talk about. Bill Shorten is quite a carefully calculated operator, look what the ALP did with the Dutton leaks. They know how to cook a Tory government and I say let them cook a Tory government.

Small target shorten

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Labor on naru:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Who is going to blink first? The Nauruan govt or the Australian govt?

It’s like a competition to see who can treat refugees the worst.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/06/nauru-orders-msf-to-stop-mental-health-work-on-island

The naruan government is a straight proxy right? We pay them to torture people at one remove so that when they tell the media and ngo's to gently caress off our government can say "nothing to do with us!"

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Oh look the naruan government independently decided to give Chris Kenny exclusive access to a concentration camp survivor oh look the naruan government independently decided to ban the abc oh look the naruan government independently decided to kicked out doctors without borders

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Bill shortens fair dinkum dinki di true blue old mate fair go she'll be right bobs your uncle stone the crows gently caress me dead rooty-tooty action plan

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

At least I'll get to watch m/billions die, wait what??

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The transition to whatever kind of australia exists in the future will be a smooth affair without widespread resentment or outbursts of violence against those perceived as responsible.

snoremac posted:

It’s two colloquialisms tripping over each other since “having a go” means you’re attacking someone.

Having a go = small business owner

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

no desperate people are going to try and "stop them getting away with it" when they realise those who could have done something but chose to do nothing are planning on peacing out in comfort and leaving their children to deal with it

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

wtf 56 year old cop threatened hanson-yoings 11 year old after some lionhat tantrum

https://twitter.com/marcialangton/status/1048883445068263425?s=19

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

starkebn posted:

They're hell bent on opposing it just because they don't like being told what to do like big babies

https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/1049159740717064192?s=19

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

It's a federal crime make overlord Dutton look bad. No he himself cannot be found guilty of it, nice try

Anidav posted:

The Morrison government will bring forward a $29.8 billion tax cut for millions of small employers in a dramatic move to lift investment and wages, turning attention back to the economy after a spate of spending promises from Labor.

Small companies will get their tax rate cut to 25 cents in the dollar five years earlier than previously planned under the significant new policy, which has been in planning for months and will be announced on Thursday.

I told yall, having a go means small business owner

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Count Chocula posted:

https://www.news.com.au/national/br...JPieH6LNCW75rNs

Prime Minister Scott Morrison says the right level of medical support is available for people awaiting processing on Nauru, as calls grow for asylum seekers to come off the Pacific island.

Doctors who were recently asked to leave the island by the Nauruan government say asylum seekers are suffering "absolutely devastating" mental conditions.

Medecins Sans Frontieres (Doctors Without Borders) said it treated 78 refugee patients who either attempted suicide, had suicidal thoughts or inflicted self-harm.

Mr Morrison on Friday said the government worked with a separate medical contractor - International Health and Medical Services - and appropriate medical support was available.

"We don't go around making a big song and dance about it, we just get on and help people and provide the care that is necessary," he told Sky News on Friday.

Mr Morrison said further medical assistance is organised by the federal government as required.

Aid worker organisation Save The Children joined MSF to express concern for the "devastating physical and mental impacts" on children in detention.

The organisation said it witnessed the deteriorating mental and physical health of detainees firsthand, calling on the prime minister to immediately remove children from the island.

Labor leader Bill Shorten said the government should accept New Zealand's offer to resettle detainees on Nauru.

"Five years has been too long to resettle some of the people we have in our regional processing," Mr Shorten told reporters in Melbourne on Friday.

"We support the American deal. I think the government should accept the offer of New Zealand to resettle some of the people on Nauru."

Mr Shorten fell short of rejecting offshore processing, saying Labor is committed to stopping the boats and preventing deaths at sea.

Save The Children's Mat Tinkler said the prime minister should urgently arrange for children and their families to be moved to Australia or an appropriate third country "until an enduring solution can be found".

The Nauruan government said that MSF staff had shown themselves to be "political activists".

"Although MSF claimed to be a partner to Nauru and the Nauruan people, instead of working with us, they conspired against us," the statement issued on Friday said.

"The facilities, care, welfare and homely environment offered to refugees and asylum seekers on Nauru are comparable or better than what other refugees and asylum seekers across the globe receive."

Lifeline 13 11 14

beyondblue 1300 22 4636

What’s happening on Nauru is horrific, and I wish Labor would stand up to it.

Same but they won't because they never offer an competing premise for liberal lies.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Don Dongington posted:

I mean, shorten supporting the NZ offer is the most the ALP have done since 2012.

It's not enough, but it's a step forward, which I welcome over the alternative, which is more lovely bipartisan natsec theatre and dogwhistling

It's better than what is happening to people now but it's openly hypocritical of shorten to be for it. "these poor people are suffering so we should let new Zealand take them but we should keep doing it"

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Anidav posted:

ALP is scared of 60 Minutes running fake news stories about boat people being kept in 5 star hotels while pensioners have to eat their grandchildren to survive.

Yeah the liberals and their allies in the media say asylum seekers are queue jumping dole bludgers and labor responds with, "Granted, but "

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

A lot more people will be coming quite soon and we can either welcome and grow our country with them or we can continue to put them in concentration camps at increasing expense. Hollowing out our society to support Fortress Australia's ramparts

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-13/alt-right-plans-shake-up-of-mainstream-politics-in-australia/10368972

Change from within. But not the change you were looking for. More details on the story of alt-right infiltration to major parties.

Classical liberals

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Frogfingers posted:

If anyone knows any of these people please let them know I'm offering an open challenge to their pencil-neck fight club. Holy hell, these people get their ideas from 90-minute-long Sargon of Akkad videos, why do they think they're in shape enough to fight?

They do "health supplements"

quote:

Mr Cottrell denies the club is a white supremacist organisation, telling Background Briefing it is nothing more than a community group.

He also said he is a regular member of the club and, as such, is not involved in any of the decision making processes.

Mr Jennings is among those who attend the club's fight nights every Friday.

He told Background Briefing his only reason for going there is to "buy health supplements

E Cottrell looks like he'd piss hit enough to boil an egg in. is that a saying? Should be

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 13, 2018

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

56 year old suicide bomber gotta be a record

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

13 more months of this :nallears:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I don't watch it, can anybody confirm abcs newsbreakfast show interviewed morrison the other day and the interviewer didn't ask about naru?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Every question he answered by talking about small business tax cuts.

But was he even asked about it? Abc's breakfast show has been poo poo before softballing liberals and maybe you could say some poo poo then about wasting time asking about something the public is apparently in favour of you can't do that after (rightfully!) putting the screws to shorten over it last week.

So Ive gone and watched it and:
  • it was a different interviewer
  • fair dinkum energy
  • big end of town playing footsie with the labor party
  • he wasn't asked about naru

In the past trioli said they don't get the chance to ask because liberals don't go on their show, maybe not talking to her was a condition of the interview? This Turnbull interview was the same, I think.

https://twitter.com/rainey_knight/status/1047709750127783937?s=19

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

incredible flesh posted:

once my neighbours' steers got into my yard because an apple gum branch fell on the fence, they were standing their ground against me and i don't have much experience with cows so i was terrified but i asked ariel for help and he gave me the strength to dominate them, round them up, and herd them home. halfway across our paddock they all suddenly got very excited and frolicked away back to their home with their tails curled up (it's so cute when cows do this) and at that moment a double rainbow broke out overhead. feeling completely blissful and at one with the universe, with the cows and with my ghost husband, i walked back up to the house and only then did i find that someone had broken into our shed and stolen our ride-on lawn mower and both our water pumps, so for the rest of the weekend we were dealing with the police and we couldn't flush the loo. amen

https://twitter.com/JohnBick4/status/1043476189346717696?s=19

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

What loving backdoor?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

iajanus posted:

I assume ship them over to NZ and then they just fly over here as NZ citizens

Jfc so nz has to create some sort of 2nd class citizenship to satisfy our bloodlust before we let these people go.

https://twitter.com/PreschoolGems/status/73068152958889984?s=19

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Knorth posted:

https://twitter.com/CroweDM/status/1052400899455377408
Do they have anyone that isn't a gross dickhead

quote:

The government has offended Pacific leaders in the past, with Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton caught on camera joking about rising sea levels after a visit to the region.

"Time doesn’t mean anything when you’re about to have water lapping at your door," Mr Dutton said in September 2015.

they even have the video which includes dutton's coloured people time joke that nobody ever mentions :iiam:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

BANDT: I am prepared to rephrase the question ... Why is the government slowly killing these children?

SPEAKER: The member for Melbourne needs to withdraw, a rephrase doesn't do it. There is one rule for everyone I'm afraid.

BANDT: I withdraw that part of the question.

SPEAKER: Thank you.

Shouldn't have withdrawn it, what could they have done to him if hed refused?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Mathias cormam my white daughter is dying please

https://twitter.com/t_t29055017/status/1052488529014480896?s=19

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...MP=share_btn_tw

quote:

Victorian Liberal Russell Broadbent has made a personal appeal to Bill Shorten to back government legislation stopping any asylum seekers resettled in New Zealand coming to Australia, declaring people languishing on Nauru need parliament to deliver a breakthrough.

Broadbent – one of four Liberals lobbying Scott Morrison for a circuit-breaker to get at-risk children and their parents out of offshore detention – told Guardian Australia that Shorten “could be an enabler in this if he chooses to be”.

“I call on Bill Shorten to do everything he can possibly do to move this issue forward, including supporting the government’s legislation,” Broadbent said on Wednesday. “He has a moral obligation to back up his sentiment with action.”
always with this poo poo. agree to what we want or be responsible for our actions

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Just asking questions, pathetic.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/strom_m/status/1052493674225926145?s=19

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

No early federal election then

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

lol at Frydenberg's balding.

Joe prsci after getting his hair burned off in home alone 1

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/virgotweet/status/1053300888524091392?s=19

https://twitter.com/nickharmsen/status/1053084921856581632?s=19

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

These people are weird

https://twitter.com/Samuel_Miller27/status/1053513714379280384?s=19

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Blamestorm posted:

I swear this creeping Americanism is infectious. Core vote - assuming such a thing existed - doesn’t matter. We have mandatory voting. We have seats. You need to win more seats than anyone else to be a government. What your most crazy 10% think is irrelevant to winning power. Especially so as presumably your “core voters” will vote for you whatever you say or do, and unlike the US they have no option to stay home. It’s a meaningless term here.

It's true pick a random Australian moron on twitter and they're retweeting massive amounts of American propaganda

https://twitter.com/PeterPhoban/status/1053719543204343808?s=19

(Idk how climate scientists are rent seeking but I saw a lot of liberal fans throwing it around in relation to Wentworth so I presume it's just a new term for them)

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Such a piece of poo poo. Every time these assholes talk about pull factors that photo of the aftermath of some sort of attack with blood all over the road and a billboard in the background saying DON'T COME TO AUSTRALIA WE WON'T LET YOU IN pops into my head. hosed if I can find it atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

It was this. Show this to anybody who talks about pull factors, jam it in their stupid loving faces. There's worse at the link.

https://www.safecom.org.au/quetta-killings.htm

• Locked thread