Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Cpt Soban posted:

We had a local pub spend thousands on a fancy sign that "calculated" what the cost of food should be during public holidays.... The moron who designed it simply multiplied the current prices by 2 because - DOUBLE TIME, as if to say wages made up 100% of the pub's expenses... It hit the local news, their Facebook page was spammed with hundreds of people saying "fine we'll go elsewhere". My own comment was even printed in the local newspaper (I refuse to go to businesses that mistreat their workers). We used to do gaming meetups at that pub often- Never been since. Oh and even the local ABC radio station had a segment on it, a business/economic expert was invited to comment, and yeah he demolished them saying "no it's completely wrong".

People need to do this more everywhere- Any businesses that whinge/complain about paying their workers LEGALLY should be boycotted. "Welcome to the free market motherfucker".

Bombay Bicycle Club? We used to go there reasonably often and haven't been back since they did that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Quentin Kenihan has died. :(

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-07/disability-advocate-quentin-kenihan-dies-in-adelaide-aged-43/10348452?pfmredir=sm

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The best thing about climate change is that Australia will get even more drought-plagued and inhospitable, or one of those outlier predictions about Australia actually getting more rain will come about and we will be a target for invasion by billions of displaced people.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

AgentF posted:

Nuclear would have been pretty sweet around 50 years ago but the time for renewables has come. It is the cheapest electricity out there and is vital for meeting (what should be) our emission targets. Time to go full steam on renewables.

Yeah.

Knowing Australia, we will get on the nuclear bandwagon just as fusion becomes a thing and then we'll have fifty years of politicians trying to argue why we should keep using fission plants.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

So apparently Morrison is now saying schools shouldn't be able to kick students out for being gay. Must be seeing a big backlash.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

JBP posted:

Because loving up your dad at work isn't cool.

I'm the guy who thinks government policy is destroying the planet but doesn't want to criticise it because that would be mean to daddy.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

It's hilarious how that push for religious freedoms legalised discrimination by religious people has backfired on them.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Aesculus posted:

Jesus loving christ why do the Greens even exist anymore?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Which way did Morrison vote on SSM?

He campaigned against then abstained from voting.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

Here's a (probably stupid and lame) thought I just had:

You know how Australia doesn't have a Raving Monster Looney Party? Surely the current circus in Wentworth is perfect for them. An electorate disillusioned with both sides of parliament. An 'Independant' bland and Tory and milquetoast as gently caress. A popular incumbent deposed in comically stupid and evil circumstances.

Whack on a clown suit, dance for the cameras, make some stupid jokes at the expense of the other fuckwited candidates whilst they plaster on grimaces and try to be good sports. You'd be a shoe in. Or at least make your deposit back, and embarrass a bunch of self-important suits.

I know the Australian stupid splinter tiny parties tend to be "Shooters, Fishers, and Hunters.", or that motorist one that the bloke accidentally made his way into teh senate. Where are our Screaming Lord Such's? Our Lord Buckethead's? A whole bunch of people vote "draw a picture of a cock and balls", so why not try and get those cocks and balls to waste their votes in a funnier and sillier way, (which would actually annoy those in power more than a donkey vote).

I think it's harder in Australia to portray yourself as apolitical due to preferences. Anyone who cares enough about politics to do it would likely be the type to recommend preferences and thus suddenly appear like any other party.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Government 'should have opposed' motion

Mathias Cormann said it was an “administrative failure” which led to government senators voting for the Pauline Hanson motion that it is “okay to be white” and has taken responsibility for it.

He says the government had determined to vote no when the motion first came up in September, but somehow, ended up voting yes, through some sort of “administrative” error.

So the government said no, but the computer said yes. Or something.

It's almost a better piece of commentary this way.

So they're saying that the government had previously discussed this, they all knew that voting for it was the wrong thing and would embolden racists, but when push came to shove and they got the order they did it anyway.

Senor Tron fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 15, 2018

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Come on Barnaby, do it before the Wentworth by-election.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

JBP posted:

lol

E: Sorry but lol thinking that a greens 1 lnp 2 voter has anything in their head that makes sense or reacts to good policies.

My mother in law is very much a Liberal voter but voted Greens at the last election and probably will at the next based purely on refugee policy.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

JBP posted:

How was her previous 30 years of tolerating the other stuff

I don't know the details of her voting history to say, but it's an issue that she cares about to the extent she and my father in law took in an Afghan refugee a few years back.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

hambeet posted:

There's Malcolm! Malcolm's in the Middle.

Yes, no, maybe, I don't know
Can you repeat the question?
You're not the boss of me now
And you're not so big.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Beautiful.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Dimebag posted:

With Malcom gone do the LNP even have the money to throw at the guy to get the URL back?

It's a .au domain so it's a bit easier to get back than it would be normally.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

bell jar posted:

They're basically SOL unless the dude's ABN expires and even then, unless he agrees to sell it or forgets to renew, it's his

https://auda.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200370255-What-do-I-need-to-do-to-lodge-a-claim-under-the-auDRP-

quote:

What do I need to do to lodge a claim under the auDRP?

As the Complainant in an auDRP claim, you need to demonstrate before a panel that:

1. The domain name is identical or confusingly similar to a name, trademark or service mark in which you have rights; and
2. The Respondent, the current holder of the domain, has no rights or legitimate interests in respect of the domain name; and
3. The domain name has been registered or subsequently used by the Respondent in bad faith.

To lodge a claim under the auDRP, please contact an auDRP provider for more details about the process.

https://www.auda.org.au/policies/index-of-published-policies/2016/2016-01/

quote:

b. Evidence of Registration or Use in Bad Faith. For the purposes of Paragraph 4(a)(iii), the following circumstances, in particular but without limitation, if found by the Panel to be present, shall be evidence of the registration and use of a domain name in bad faith:

(i) circumstances indicating that you have registered or you have acquired the domain name primarily for the purpose of selling, renting, or otherwise transferring the domain name registration to another person for valuable consideration in excess of your documented out-of-pocket costs directly related to the domain name; or

(ii) you have registered the domain name in order to prevent the owner of a name, trademark or service mark from reflecting that name or mark in a corresponding domain name; or

(iii) you have registered the domain name primarily for the purpose of disrupting the business or activities of another person; or

(iv) by using the domain name, you have intentionally attempted to attract, for commercial gain, Internet users to a website or other online location, by creating a likelihood of confusion with the complainant's name or mark as to the source, sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of that website or location or of a product or service on that website or location; or

(v) if any of your representations or warranties as to eligibility or third party rights given on application or renewal are, or subsequently become, false or misleading in any manner.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

This is really funny but I imagine some lawyers are writing up scary looking letters right now and the guy will cave. It would be great to see them have to drag the whole process through the system though.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

bell jar posted:

Scott Morrison doesn't own the name Scott Morrison, it's notoriously hard to argue that the domain was registered in bad faith since the original registrant let the domain expire, and the domain was registered against a valid ABN owned by a sole trader. Since the domain isn't being used solely for reselling purposes and contains material relating to the domain name, it's going to be real hard for a complainant to convince a panel of this and get the domain ownership transferred.

Source: I have been a member of AuDA and have worked in the domain registration/webhosting business for the last 5 years, and the amount of successful auDRP challenges I've seen are somewhere around zero

I really hope you're right. :D

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Watch the Libs scrape in and Morrison try to spin them not losing the seat as an endorsement of his leadership.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I don't think Bish would take it at this point, but I want the media to start speculating.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

gently caress it will be poo poo if they scrape in.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I'm getting flashbacks to the last Fed election when postal votes swung the crucial seats to the Libs.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The postal votes are still going to bring it dangerously close.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Don Dongington posted:

So who do you think will wind up opposition leader following the inevitable Billslide?

Opposition Leader Frydenberg?
Opposition Leader Hunt
Opposition Leader Pyne ?

Pyne would normally never get anywhere near the leadership but he is the perfect type for a Nelson style seat warmer.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The Dollop is touring Australia at the moment and when I went to their friday night show it was the history of Nauru from Europeans first encountering it to today.

They just released the episode, it's brutal but worth a listen.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/adambailey27/status/1057266965687894023

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

bell jar posted:

unironically i know people who have literally never left this area. they are proud of this for some reason

Literally? You'd easily go outside the area just driving to the shops.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The Peccadillo posted:

The best Australian dollop episode is about the guy who they based crocodile dundee off, and ties in well with inadequate care for mental illness chat, because goddamn was that guy unwell

My man.

I wrote that episode.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The Peccadillo posted:

Oh poo poo! That was dope, did you do anything for this tour?

Nah, nothing this time round unfortunately.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Stop getting my hopes up about him going full scorched earth on Q&A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Second most marginal seat?

:fap: :fap: :fap:

• Locked thread