Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

404notfound posted:

I just found out TWEWY won't let you use joycon and touch controls simultaneously. Wasn't that the whole point of the original?

From a mechanics standpoint, yeah. The rest of the draw of Twewy was the present day street fashion style that is now hilariously dated and the story.

Basically what im saying is dont spend 60 bucks on a phone port

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im so hungry I could eat a Tauros is in the anime, so I want a line of Pokemon themed steakhouses

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CrRoMa posted:

I seem to remember people saying the story of bayonetta 2 making more sense and integrates with the gameplay more than the original but after 2 chapters in its just as nonsensical and bat shite insane

Its still stupid and disjointed, and if you didnt play the first one its even more confusing and disjointed because you need to reference its dumb story since theyre parallel/integrated

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CrRoMa posted:

That sounds daunting but i have played bayonetta 4 or 5 times and i just mashed through every cutscene after playthrough 1. Something about lumen sages and a witch called Jeanne, very satisfying to trim a run through from about 13 hours to about 7 though

Same, buddy.

Cutscenes arent gameplay

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its sad that the only playable version of DQ11 is the one thats on PC because gently caress if Im respecting the wishes of a warcrime denier and midi enthusiast

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm tired of paying for these early access OPs that never go past beta

OP is too easy, make it harder

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I hope OP introduces a hunger and thirst meter, its too easy to get a power setup right now.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Snowmankilla posted:

So I have never played Dark Souls, but I have heard it is stupid hard. Is it fun as well?

Be warned, playtests indicate that other than portability this might be the worst version yet so if you own literally any video game console or PC manufactured since 2006 you may have better and significantly cheaper options to play this

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Your first 3 matches are against bots and if you go on a losing streak they throw you back in with bots. So git gud scrub.

Also add earnestvalor for a fun time with Alice

Between this and Paladins pulling the same trick I get to keep laughing at people

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Handsome Wife posted:

I've never played Diablo 3 but I played an absolute shitload of 1 and 2 when I was younger - is 3 good offline? I'm interested but honestly extremely unlikely to play online.

If the genre appeals to you, Diablo 3 will be fine offline. You might not have access to seasons and all the post game content people play through over and over again for some reason, but the singleplayer is beefy as is especially if you can stomach playthroughs with different classes.

Also the console controls are very good unlike the genres awful PC controls.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Licarn posted:

I don't like PoE either, and I tried quite hard to, mostly out of a misguided sense of patriotism. I've had lots of fun with Torchlight though.

What you dont like hundreds of small incremental bonuses to navigate with some boring ones like %resistance being mandatory?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They hosed up the California Tower of Terror? But thats the good one

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It makes a lot of sense if you believe the collector also wants to play the game. Keep the collectors edition poo poo all wrapped up and get a separate copy of the game you can play and not worry about perserving.

Of course such an insane person probably buys two collectors editions anyway because they have to have a pristine one and one they can use

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nep-Nep posted:

That's just a slippery slope away from that philosophy 101 thing about teleportation that just makes a copy of you but destroys the original you!

Next thing you know we'll all be make romhacks of Ship of Theseus for SNES and debating how much of the game data we can replace before it's no longer truly the same game!

The state of california legally has an answer to this question and the answer is so long as no individual change constitutes a 51% revision.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Healbot posted:

Once the ultimate exploit went public it was only a matter of time until a revision went into production.

Basically. Buy back up launch switches now, folks, so that you can enjoy the PSP2

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Andrast posted:

If you want an almost literal PSP2, get a cheap Vita somewhere and homebrew that

From a pure functionality perspective, Vita is missing buttons and has expensive memory.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Andrast posted:

There’s an adapter for homebrewed Vitas to use SD cards!

Still missing 2 shoulder buttons unless theres some insane hack Im missing

Barudak
May 7, 2007

KingSlime posted:

But....why??

Same reason splatoon hits you with a mandatory cutscene telling you the maps.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It is every time you boot up the game and everytime you change modes after they swap maps.

It basically destroyed my will to play the game in a couple of days, and since it stalls you from singleplayer as well I lost interest in that too.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Robot Hobo posted:

I had wondered if that cutscene was there to disguise a background download of the minor update and/or a loading screen.

It would make sense if it was, but it isnt since it can occur after loading. Its just a mandatory “slam A to resume having fun” cutscene.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

dangerburrd posted:

Put motherfucking Silhouette Mirage on the motherfucking Nintendo switch

Original or Working Design's version because thats a tusslin' choice

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m like that too with non-Smash fighting games but I really love DBFZ and want to get decent at it. Anyone have any good suggestions for beginners? I’m going through the tutorials and story mode.

Go to the fighting game thread. Before you go keep 2 things in mind

1) The only way to really get better is to play other humans
2) You will lose a lot. A ton. For a long time. If the very long time investment of mastering a game where all the failures are entirely your fault doesnt appeal just bail out now enjoy story mode and watch some tournaments

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

game called the Messenger which I (carefully) know little about keeps popping up on my radar, and I just noticed it's on switch. good game? any should-knows up front?

Its a mess, and regardless of if the mess appeals to you everyone agrees that about 1/4 to 1/3 of the game right after the midpoint is bad.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Oh your were talking about big tits, I thought you were talking about anime

XC is fairly standard shonen as far as anime goes

The main character forgives genocide, its pretty anime.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its a remaster of an old game that was absolutely fantastic for its era so not sure what reviews you need?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Feenix posted:

Guys I'm a little lost in Hyper LIght Drifter.

I did the East. I am in the west. I have 2 purple shard things. I need to get 3 to access a door near the boss on the North part (of West). I arrive at a door south of the teleporter in the West. It has... 2 shards on it. I have... 2 shards. Why the gently caress can I not open it?

I get being cryptic in games. (hell, I love Dark Souls stuff..) but this game just feels like it's wasting my time sometimes... which is a shame because I love everything else about it.

Not quite sure if this is the answer but shards dont carry across regions; east only work for east

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Feenix posted:

Totes. Sorry I should have said that. I have like 4 in the East and DEFINITELY 2 in the West.

I’m not sure then. Since you did east I assume its not a 6 door masquerading as a 2 door. I remember west having some of the trickier routes hidden behind crystals, but not enough to help in specific, sprry

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You have to bear East North and West before you can do South. North’s boss was probably the hardest for me but west’s layout felt trickier.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ohtsam posted:

On the subject of streaming apps, I've got a hunch that Hulu paid for one year exclusivity in the US back before people saw the switch would be big and we'll likely start seeing other streaming apps on the platform starting next month. Especially since kid eyeballs are amongst the most valuable ones.

I can basically assure you this isnt the case and kid eyeballs are trash that almost nobody wants.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Jeepers creepers, I'm not so sure about that.

Not the right size for a transplant, too small for a stew stock.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Never played Mark of the Ninja before, started it last night. Like the gameplay so far, don't really like the presentation. The Saturday morning cartoon cutscenes, the level of blood and gross gurgling sounds, the orientalism. The game almost loads too fast. You press a button and your on the next level or menu instantly with no transition, it's a little jarring.

Is there a way to just knock people out instead of kill them? I'd like to be able to play this in front of my kid

There is like one or two non lethal items but for the most part a non-lethal route is "dont touch the guards"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Augus posted:

Legend of Zelda : Link Commits Tax Fraud

Legend of Zelda: Sentence of Time

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Okami is a great game to play drunk.

On a possibly related note, the final Blockhead can get fuuuuuuuucked.

I have some good news about advances in cellphone technology since the original launch of Okami

Barudak
May 7, 2007

But youll miss out on a teaser for a sequel that pretty assuredly is never coming.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Child of Light is a fun RPG with some co-op* with beautiful painted backdrops and a fighting system wholesale lifted from the Grandia which is absolutely not a bad thing. The rhyming thing is gently caress awful but if you play RPG games for the plot you get what you deserve.

*Don't know if the switch version has it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

Sounds like I need to play Grandia!

I have good news, they're re-releasing Grandia 1 and 2 onto the switch soon. Why is Grandia 3 not included in the bundle? Who even knows!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They also don't come with dialog skip or fast-forward or some equivalent which is genuinely dissapointing. I don't care about FFV's plot, I'm here to try some dumb new combination.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Yea, I don't mind grindy games, just depends on what you are actually doing and if it's enjoyable. One of the reviews said it was mass effect mixed with starfox mixed with no mans sky and that has me extremely intrigued...

While you take that positively Im getting bad animations, short game, and yet somehow terribly grindy

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Get Star Link at the very least its a new IP and not something thats been around for 15 years.

Almost all hype and interest in this thread for the game is because of StarFox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Al Borland Corpse posted:

I read they had developers regularly working 100 hour weeks on Red Dead 2. Just, holy poo poo, dudes.

What's crunch time like at Nintendo, do they have the same problem or do Japanese labor laws mitigate this somewhat?

Red Dead 2 has real time horse testicle shrinkage and horse digestive system... was this necessary?

I'm not saying not to buy Red Dead 2, just saying the labor practices of the games industry are shocking and horrible (I'm sure it was similar in Assassin's Creed and Starlink as well)

Rockstar is going to sell 40 million plus copies so to upper level management awwwww hell yeah it was worth it