Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Is the switch just fine without having a TV to play it on? I'm looking at saving for a switch, but my TV is ancient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I have a hard time using motion controls. I don't know if it's because my meds make my hands shake, or my lovely depth perception. :( Granted, I don't think I can use them much since I don't have a TV that works with it.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Is there a recommended USB charger cord for the switch?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Has anyone tried Happy Birthdays on the switch? I was debating getting it or waiting for the Chocobo Mystery Dungeon. I'm sort of curious about the Light of Hope game because I love Harvest Moon, but...

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Any advice for starting Cattails or Stardew valley? I also got World Tree Marche with the gift card that came with the Switch.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Nothing wrong with that! I'm enjoying my Switch immensely.

Is the Stardew Valley port good? I miss farming on the go.

Edit: Also, will it hurt if I turn off my Switch at night? It gets really warm if I leave it on.

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Apr 1, 2019

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Also, has anyone picked up World Tree Marche? It looks super cute.

And it's not SUPER WARM. I just want to take the best possible care of my Switch.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Are joy cons pretty durable? I thought I'd look at how much a spare cost and yikes.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Wow, RF4 special is overseas already? Hopefully it makes it over.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Is it worth it to try to downgrade to a Switch lite if I only play hand held? I may also sell off my copy of FF12. It's not really super clicking with me.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

True. I'm just trying to downsize expenses, and sell things. I won my switch in a drawing, so it's kinda hard to give up.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Thanks, guys. I probably should keep it since it's not the cool, new refreshed version.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

HOLY CARP! THEY HAVE POCKETS!

I am kind of sad I missed the SNES controllers, but it's for the best, given my situation.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Rune Factory 4 Bonus preorders are up, and if you play RF4 bonus, there'll be a goodie in RF5 for you. There's a 60 dollar (US) special edition with a music CD, art book and a big ol' box, and the normal 40 dollar version. Hopefully it is out before 2020, but I am really glad the company takes care of its employees.

XSeed is also going to be handling the remake of Friends of Mineral Town/More friends of mineral town, so thankfully there will be an English release.

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 3, 2019

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I feel bad that I'm excited for the new pokemon. Has anyone tried bee simulator?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I feel kinda bad with all these negatives about it. But I am excited for new pokemon.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

With all these negative reports, I feel really awful and selfish that I am enjoying the game. :(

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Oh thank goodness for remapping. I wanted to play Terraria on the switch because I loved it on the 3DS. I also got to set up my switch on my TV for the first time! It's rad. A bit annoying because my TV only has one HDMI port, but I saw what splitting it involves and will just accept a walk to the TV.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I have decided to give my old switch to a friend and pick up a switch lite. Can I transfer data via the memory card or do I need both consoles? I wanted to send it to them as soon as I can.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Ah, crap. I wanted to get them their stuff by Tuesday. Guess I'll be going to the store and checking around.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Caidin posted:

I'm at once excited for new Paper Mario and disappointed that I'm probably still not going to have a working Switch by then.

A lot of us have been helping each other find them, because those bot resellers are working en masse (they even have their own discord, ugh). It really ruins the hobby for a lot of people. I think it's the WTB Nintendo switch up in the selling area. I honestly traded my full switch to a friend, and I find I like my lite a lot better because I have small hands and a lousy TV set up (though you will be proud - when I had a job, I got a small flatscreen and it's kinda neat because it's my first flat screen ever). It worked out great.

I do keep an eye out at brick and mortar stores, but everything seems to sell out so fast - especially online.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

There's also a thread in the Mart forums where goons are helping find switches. I see some at Target now and then, but I haven't the funds to up and start buying any to help out. A lot of the resellers have been using some bot or another.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I'm told the NWN port for switch wasn't great. I am/was working through IceWind Dale and Planescape, both of which are super neat.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Yeah... Such a shame. It was an interesting game. But I kinda wanted to warn people about it, because it is by far the worst game in that little cluster/company as far as ports to switch go.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Walmart in NB has 5-6 ring fits for 70 dollars in store.

Also I love the RF4 on here. Now I can play regular Harvest Moon AND monsters hunting but with farming also.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

If worse comes to worst, one of us can order it from the US and hopefully the mail still gets through - send it to you for at cost. That said, international shipping is ah. Pricey.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

LODGE NORTH posted:

Is it possible to order from Amazon US to have it delivered to the UK? I know it's possible for US people to order most products from UK, but I've never thought of the opposite.

Probably. It'd be a lot easier than a mail box shenanigans.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

Good! Anybody know if there are any sales on BotW for the holidays? I haven't paid that much attention to the Black Friday stuff. I figure the answer is "Hahaha no," but figured I'd check. :shrug:

Oh, online deals, specifically. No way in hell am I going anywhere near a store on Black Friday especially this year.

Does she like cute and chill games? She might enjoy Yoshi's Crafted World. Also is Rune Factory 4 out on this thing yet? It's similar to Stardew, just more anime. I enjoy both of those but I never particularly cared for Harvest Moon. Also does she have Breath of the Wild? Every Switch owner should play Breath of the Wild.

RF4 bonus is in the eshop and hard copy. There's even still a deluxe order with the soundtrack, etc.

RF5 is supposed to come out eventually, but honestly, I am glad they are not putting the overtime clamps and letting their workers have lives.

Edit: I like them, but RF does have some monster combat and you can teach monsters to do chores. Like the little mage that waters my crops now.

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 24, 2020

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Kart Barfunkel posted:

The worst that can happen in an idle state on AC is that a spider or scorpion might night you at night and that is very unlikely.

You say that, but when I saw a spider, I went for my net and he went for the sting. Friggin' ow. Okay, wind up at my house, no big. So I respawn at my door and *guess who is there*?

I can't believe that I got corpse camped by a spider.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

It did this to my Pokemon Sword cartridge, too. Thankfully, I didn't lose any data.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I still like Pokemon. I was 12(or so) when Blue/Red came out. My friends and I had a little trade group going on. For some reason, I liked Sword well enough but it didn't pull me in as Ultra Sun did. It's a shame because the new pokemon have some seriously cute ones and strong ones.

Honestly, I'm keeping my Lite until Pro pops up for preorder.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I am super excited about news on Rune Factory 5. I just hope the events aren't as RNG-y as 4's.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

fit em all up in there posted:

Anyone pick up the new story of seasons?

I did! It looks really neat. I'm gonna build some cool stuff.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Would the Switch run Subnautica the Freezy Version or am I better off using it on my computer?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

endlessmonotony posted:

Definitely don't skip the first one.

In fact, buy the first one, and then the second one on sale if you still want more once a sale rolls along.

Don't they have a pack with 1 and 2 in it? I had debated, but I already played through 1.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Thunder Bear posted:

Anyone else pick up Nocturne today? I can't be the only dude that missed it back in the day.

I did not get to play the old version, but I was gifted Nocturne for my birthday so I look forward to it. I feel like Subnautica today, though. Dang ol' critters. And also it is cold.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I'd like to get the new Switch Pro, but I suspect scalpers are going whole hog on this one.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I would totally dig a switch pro, but I'm going to wait until life is more stable and some of the scalpers go away.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

I hate when games I pre-loaded don't unlock at midnight sharp. :colbert:

Ooo. What did you get? It's always fun anticipating a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I do wanna get the indigo colored Switch Lite, but I am going to wait and see what happens. Not like I'll be buying because I am not a robot. Slow, sure. But not a bot. I guess it'd be better to see the variants and specs.

I usually don't hook up to my TV because it's cheap and has one freaking HDMI port. On my birthday, I did get a copy of Subnautica: BZ so that was nice. I keep headbutting sharks though.