Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mister Facetious posted:

Nice OP, Al.

Page 2 content:

Did the same thing to mine last week. It was already purple but now it has a d-pad. The change in the quality of gameplay is drastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Annath posted:

I like my neon red and blue, but I'd like a D-Pad. Is there a tutorial/walkthrough you used?

(I also like the Atomic Purple joycons (can you buy them?)because that was the color of my 1st Gameboy Color :3: )

IGN has a video on YouTube that explains the process, although they just did a standard swap rather than the dpad one. You can buy the parts on Amazon. One joycon is about 15 bucks, or you can get both cons and a back plate for 40. The toolkit runs about 15 if you don't have a triwing screwdriver already. It's a pretty easy swap if you're even a bit mechanically inclined. There's no soldering or anything involved, it literally just lays over the existing pad but feels really nice. The Hori pad only works in handheld mode and I think it lacks a bunch of other features like HD rumble.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

100 slimes enter. You can combine with your squad to form a king slime.

In a 50 vs 50 mode each team gets a tank and you can play rocket slime

Jesus Christ I would buy a massively multiplayer Rocket Slime game thrice

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Just ordered one of those 8bitdo SNES controllers. Finally I can play Mega Man X with a proper controller the way God intended

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I'm a few hours into Breath of the Wild Just left Kakoriko Village and so far I find the game...bad?

Link is crazy underpowered so far and his stamina is so low that he just gets tired all the time. I also hate that dungeons are now bitesized small areas instead of the scaling mammoths the franchise was known for. Also, all weapons being made of cardboard is really dumb.

When I played I did two stamina upgrades for every heart upgrade and maxed my stamina pretty early on (comparatively, it was probably like 30 hours in already) and it made a world of difference. Later on there is a plot gate you can't pass without a certain number of hearts so I did end up having to kind of grind shrines for heart upgrades but overall I had a lot more fun when I could climb a lot of stuff or swing my big weapons for 30 seconds at a time.

Besides, I guess, Zelda 2, this game is the most different from its immediate predecessor. If you're expecting it to turn into a proper Zelda with dungeons and new upgrades, it never does. The game is really a Zelda sandbox more than anything, because it still feels like a Zelda game in the hand, if not in the plot structure. You can ignore the critical path almost entirely from just after you leave the Great Plateau. You can become endgame powerful long before you have to visit the first town. You get the majority of your tools near the start of the game and you kind of have to make your own fun with it. Try unconventional ways of approaching or killing enemies. Just last night I used Magnesis to push a stack of blocks over on top of one of the little spider robot things in one of the earliest shrines. If you're creative, you have a lot more tools to kill things with than your weapons. Bombs are pretty high damage throughout the game.

There are some big and proper Zelda dungeons later, if you stick to the story path. I suggest just putting a pin marker in a spot that looks interesting on the map and just traverse the entire kingdom on foot to find a way to get there, but stop and check stuff out on the way if it looks like something.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

As Nero Danced posted:

When you have it and have played with it for a while, can you do a post about how it is to play with? I'm thinking of getting one or two as well and thinking/hoping that these will be better to work with than joycons with smash and whenever nsmb shows up.

Sure. My friend had one for his PC and said it was great, c so I'm pretty confident that it will be nice.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is that a bad sign?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Vanilla OP was better.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Not a true story, but I like to imagine shortly after being fired from ign he got hired by Telltale games

What's the story here?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Zibidibodel posted:

Did you guys see that there's now a Booette?

don't

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I've been playing Puyo Tetris at least 4 hours a week since I got it. Playing the 3 minute score attack mode is a good way to get a feeling of accomplishment without spending a ton of time on it. Although I love endurance mode too.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I had to force myself to use the gears in the demo. Having some kind of persistent power like that feels so un-Mega Man but once I did start using them the bullshit parts of the stage suddenly got very do-able.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Legit stoked for more people to experience Solomon's Key. We better get Fire 'n Ice too, it's one of the most eminently enjoyable games in the library.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
My personal highly unlikely wish list is KickMaster, Mendel Palace, Fire 'n Ice, Uncharted Waters, and Panic Restaurant. Any of those would be great. And more puzzle games like Pipe Dream would be nice.

Edit: it's too bad the Tengen games are off the table, because I would love Klax on the Switch. Maybe they'll port the arcade.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mister Facetious posted:

Do you mean where if you jump before entering a boss door, you hover until you're all the way in like in the old games?

I always loved that glitch. It better still be there.

It's not a glitch if it's been in every game for 30 years. In MMX4 if you dash through a door as Zero, his hair keeps moving even as the rest of him is still.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

romanowski posted:

every time I die in dark souls it's bullshit and it's the game's fault, not mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kr7KDCsIws

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Mega Man 11's story is cute and appropriately Saturday morning cartoon. I'm in the first cutscenes but it feels more like a prequel to the originals in terms of the plot. I don't remember any of the other ones having any Dr. Light/Dr. Wily origin story.

Apparently you get something for having played the demo?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Gay Horney posted:

the only absolute horse poo poo part of dark souls is the part where you need to equip the ring to proceed in the ghost zone, new Londo I think. I don't remember any other bullshit like that in the series that basically requires a guide.

The cat in the forest tells you about it, IIRC

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Full priced physical copies of €10 indie games is the biggest scam ever

I've had a custom eBay search for Slime-san's physical edition set up for a couple months just to watch it. For nearly all of August and September people were posting "pre orders" of the collector's edition for an average of 110 bucks, and now that they have apparently shipped there are a ton more popping up. A great deal of them all seem to be from the same place. So LRG does basically nothing to stop scalpers from reselling their games on release, and frankly it wouldn't surprise me if they were in on it themselves.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm liking MM11 a lot. I haven't played Mighty No. 9 but, based on what I've heard other people complain about with that game, 11 feels like what everyone was expecting MN9 to be. It feels really tight, the level design has some fine platforming, but it really shines graphically. It reminds me more of MM8, where every screen has unique background details and I've found myself actually stopping on a cleared screen to look at them. I'm not sure why they chose Block Man's stage for the demo since his is kind of visually boring, especially compared to others like Tundra Man's stage.

The only part I haven't been super keen on is the music, which is fine but tends to fade out of my consciousness while playing, which I can't say for most other MM games.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Buy a bunch of e-tanks, extra lives and Beat rescues if you're falling into a lot of pits.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Block Man's weapon is very useful with the power gear, as is Fuse Man's.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Switch DX will have slightly fatter Joycons and a legit dpad

But will have a proprietary charging port (sold separately)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Switch 2 is good for clicks.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The demo is more punishing than the actual game is. If you can suck up your pride and buy a bunch of lives and e-tanks and not be afraid to use them it really isn't that hard of a game.

There is something to be said about getting sent so far back when you die, but the game does give you defenses against the instant kills if you buy them. If you're killing things and picking up bolts you should be getting a couple hundred in every stage, and you don't lose them if you die. Same for E- and W-tanks hidden throughout the stages, if you get them you keep them forever until use.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The SN30 is a loving pro buy for a controller

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You can fight any boss first. There's no obvious first one. Acid Man's probably got the most useful weapon for playing defensively.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

If you don't start Mega Man 2 with Metal Man what are you even doing with your life?

Because I want a challenge

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Kiranamos posted:

Anyone waiting for the GENKI USB C wireless Bluetooth adapter and is it too good to be true? It should be coming out in the next couple months and sounds like something I would like very much.

Didn't know what this was so I looked it up and the first comment was

quote:

When will Get GENKI: Bluetooth october date in October this month in October need know when will have shipping out to me in October can you tell me have it shipping out to me in October can you tell when will shipping out for me can you tell me when will shipping out for the people this month in October 2018 can you please tell when will shipping out for the people can you please tell me when will shipping out this month of October more stuff about it in October need stuff on it in October

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Isn't it a little early to speculate on anything, since we know exactly (paper rifling) nothing about what a switch revision would be like?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Nintendo lets you play online but changes your display name to THIEF

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I would buy avocado green Joycons tbh.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
anime...

is neutral

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Takoluka posted:

Let's start posting Bowsette again.

:randno:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Make a (S)NES style sidescrolling shooter, put Star Fox in it, release it for 10 bucks

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yeah actually how do you play this? I figured out passing and throwing, but I can't reliably jump and I don't know how to catch. Golf also seems like it has a proper difficulty curve.

Jumping is A + B if I remember right.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Nintendo: hey have this free cute thing.

Goons: I can't believe how shoddy this is. It's kind of an insult to me personally, frankly

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Go back a page or two, they're around

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Looper posted:

thank goodness for kirby's namesake

What, like the vacuum...wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Real hurthling! posted:

Hows megaman 11 on this thing? Saw some video and it looked a little like the framerate was struggling but it might have been in the video and not the game

MM11 runs beautifully. It's a very good looking game imo