Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Mister Facetious posted:

Basically, I want to offload as many games as I can to the Switch instead of my PC or PS4.
I know it's weird, and bias towards any one corporation or another when one has a clear advantage in certain areas is nonsensical, but there it is.

it’s because it’s portable. you don’t have to commit to something serious like turning on a tv and sitting in front of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

pixaal posted:

It isn't like they haven't missed the date several times before. The site said Open Beta starts 11/11/16 for most of 2017. This thread is a giant money pit, stop giving the OP money.

keep giving the OP money.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

source for your claim?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i’ve been playing mm11 with an sf30 pro just fine

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

try the demo and see if it feels good.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

speaking of dead cells, I finally got the wall climb rune, but then when I next got to promenade of the condemned, I scoured the whole place and only found two gardeners keys, so what the gently caress.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

simple hack to create a first-class wedding ceremony using cardboard boxes and a long piece of string

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Sw][tch

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

posting this in every thread because it's important.

e: wow I sniped both of them without trying. must be a sign that bowsario is destiny

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

*lightbulb above my head buzzes loudly and flickers on after 30 hours* star link should be saving space zelda

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Starfox is good!! fuckers!!! it’s fun to shoot stuff and it looks cool and has good music. the n64 one is also pretty good.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

does it really start in the middle of the song loop. that’s awful. if you quit and reset the game, is there a save file?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Heath posted:

Nintendo: hey have this free cute thing.

Goons: I can't believe how shoddy this is. It's kind of an insult to me personally, frankly

that’s right. nintendo should end now. this half assed zelda mod is the last straw.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

burrbo for smash.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the video is so long i thought she was gonna turn into a skeleton but nooo

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Astro7x posted:

Lets be honest... is it actually convenient to view these PDFs on a gaming console? It's much easier to view them on your phones.

This poo poo should be accessible from the Nintendo Online app, though

yeah iirc the SNES classic of all things brings up a QR code you can scan to open the manual on your phone. that’s forethought

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

dr willy... lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I enjoy stories about people's personal lives more than pictures of boob witches and blurry anime dicks

You can have it all.. 🎶

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

SeANMcBAY posted:

Let us know how they feel. I wasn’t a fan of those wired “GameCube” controllers that were coming out during the Wii and Smash 4 eras.

the nintendo ones? those are pretty much the original.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I’ve been watching PJ (speed runner) play through it blind. He immediately discovered a wall jump glitch and started doing everything out of order and getting hopelessly lost. it rules

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

you can just quit the game to pause though. it saves the state you care about, mostly.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

you are never safe.

not in dark souls, just in general.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

dying happens a lot in dark souls so if you take a sip of water and get knocked off a cliff by a hollow you didn’t know was there that’s just another day in lordran

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

these dark souls are tearing us apart

e: there arent any basilisks in blighttown -_-

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

asecondduck posted:

Imagine being so excited about your breast augmentation surgery that you don't even wait for the bandages to come off before you start showing them off to everyone.

ok, I’m imagining it.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

put dedede in blazblue.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

DLC Inc posted:

I felt like it was kind of a struggle to do fireball/dp motions on a joycon with BBTag. Are there recommended thumbstick extender/cap accessories that work well to alleviate that?

tag doesn’t have any dp motions... I use the “d-pad,” though it takes some getting used to.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

there’s a way to trade em, though. if you weren’t aware

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I had the same problem with grey joycons. The left stick liked to stay "up" and it caused a lot of problems. I didn't see any improvements with canned air but I don't know if I hit the right area. I just got a new pair with the splatoon colors.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Mega64 posted:

Of course garbage company Matrix Software was involved in this.

wikipedia says they made alundra and also some ff and dq games. what a poo poo hole.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I feel like people don’t get too heated about DS preference anymore. especially compared to say botw weapon durability

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

it’s really hard to get straight directions on there. i tried playing celeste with my friend’s pro controller a little and in that game you have an 8-way air dash and you usually need the exact right one. it was painful

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

whaley posted:

Seems like everyone else hates it but I really like the joycon d-pad and wouldn't mind one on the pro controller haha

yah same

Shame Boner posted:

There’s not actually anything wrong with it; but it “rocks” a little so people mashing it with uncoordinated thumbs might for example rock it up while pressing mostly left.

excuse me my thumbs are VERY coordinated. iirc the hardest thing was actually getting a straight up.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

hollow knight rarely needs you to do straight up as opposed to diagonal, and if you go back and forth it’s no big deal. celeste though you will 100% die if you get the wrong direction when you dash.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

pretty sure a non-From company is handling the switch port too

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Artic Puma posted:

First time dark souls player (loving it!) who has found a ton of different places to go and is looking for some advice on where to go next pretty early in the game:

your expected next path is the gargoyles. you have probably also found a key that will open the door at the start of the dragon bridge which will lead you to new places you can also progress in.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

II got enter the gungeon on switch... it crashed when I went down the elevator after the first boss. thankfully it started in the same place when I next played it. it did the same thing after the second boss. I assume it’ll resume properly again, but, is this normal

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I got this piczle lines game and it’s seized me as bad as picross. the puzzle mechanics are very different but it’s got a similar difficulty ramp and satisfaction. it also looks cool when you pack all the space with wiggly lines, and it actually makes the pic with color.

I just wish for two things : one, that it would let you zoom out more and/or see the full thing in line form after you complete it. two, that there was less loading in story mode.

edit: also, the controller controls are real clunky and it’s way easier to use touch controls. it was probably a mobile game first for 10% of the price but I don’t want to check and become sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

xarph posted:

Golf Story

what if it was garf story. and it’s about actually being the main character of a daily comic strip that’s been running for literally 40 years now. like bojack horseman but in game form and the show is still on. that would rule.