Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

me irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

In 500 words or more (or less), what's the best Disgaea 5 class and why

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Wikipedia Brown posted:

Speaking of Disgaea, should I play 5 or 1 Complete? I've only played the Prinny PSP games.

oh poo poo seriously?

The games haven't really changed that much since the first. I'm only a few hours into 5, but the classes and battle mechanics are all essentially the same so far. There are definitely some QoL & feature updates though.

If you have a literal million hours to invest and never get tired of things, start with 1. If you have a regular life and don't want to do the same thing for an eternity, just skip to 5. It's basically the same but better, and you can easily sink dozens of hours into it.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

it's going to be a chain of poke restaurants. they are very popular right now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poke_(Hawaiian_dish)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Lakbay posted:

I want to pick up one of the Overcooked games but which one is easier overall? Planning to play with people who rarely play video games but I heard they’re great couch co-op

The second is definitely easier. They had a hard time balancing the first one because there were literally only two of them. And they made the game, so they couldn't pretend to be bad at it.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

add more spiders and jack o lanterns to OP

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm tired of paying for these early access OPs that never go past beta

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I would totally be getting Diablo 3 as my new time-wasting grinder if I hadn't just bought Disgaea 5. You don't have to play online if you just enjoy Numbers Go Up.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Polygon's Mario Party review is out and they say it's good

https://www.polygon.com/reviews/2018/10/3/17930670/super-mario-party-review-nintendo-switch

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

It was free on PSN. All it has going for it is terrain destruction and memes.

did you really need to post a second time about this

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

My only prediction is that it won't be a different size because that would require different sets of accessories, which are very important for Switch. They're not going to create a situation where parents don't know which kind of controller to buy for their kids.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It will be called the Nintendo Swatch and will come in a variety of colors

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

There is no first boss in Mega Man games. I'm confused.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The map video in splatoon should just be broadcast from that big TV in the plaza with the option of full-screening it when you look at it.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The fat/oil in avocado makes it good for enriching the flavor of whatever it's paired with. There's probably a term for that.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Worms has hardly changed in 20 years. I imagine the Switch version is fine.

Also I can't believe I was playing Armageddon 20 years ago.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

sound like game genie. i think they used game genie.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's interesting to me that the spaceship is always fighting at ground level rather than doing strafing runs from above

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Oh, I know. The ground-level stuff looks more fun than strafing. I think the last flight simulators I played were the old Star Wars X-Wing games for PC (or I guess Battlefield if you want to count that), and they were all built around strafing, so I'm out of the loop but still surprised to see that the basic gameplay has changed like this.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Modded Zelda wasn't one of the announced NES titles, so I think it's fair to call it free. No one paid for online with the expectation that they'd get this.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

So anything past the 20 announced title is free despite having to pay money to get them

Interesting

I mean they announced the expected titles for the next few months. This wasn't on there. :shrug:

I'm probably not going to play it though so who cares what I think

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1050131321983565824

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

my dad actually had those things laminated when I was a kid

I think we still have laminated copies of the FF1 monster charts

this one: https://skirmishfrogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Final-Fantasy-Enemies.jpg

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Warbird posted:

So, the Disgaea 1 collection thing that just came out. Yes/No? Never played the games, but I could do with some tactics-ing and they seem to be a thing.

Just skip to 5. The early ones were plenty of fun, but they've added so much polish since then.

I'm about 15 hours into 5 at the moment, and I think I'm only maybe a third of the way through the story. There isn't enough time in the world to catch up on all of the series.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I enjoy stories about people's personal lives more than pictures of boob witches and blurry anime dicks

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1alISOTGfE

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Is it just me or are AAA games largely toxic

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I have owned BOTW for months now and still haven't played it.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

RIP Switch

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1052510817613008896

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Fallom posted:

It’s pronounced mah-tay

u wot m8

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Frankston posted:

Huawei make awesome phones but I don't think anything priced at $1000 is going to rival the Switch.

especially if it doesn't have euro controls

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

My favorite part of Mario Rabbids is Luigi, The Green Death.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

DARK SOULS! I went to bed early hyped for it. Woke up early to get my morning routine out of the way. I have a light day at work so lunch is going to be all DARK SOULS!

I left my Switch at home.

I left it. No Dark Souls :qq:

I finally worked up the courage to bring a video game to work (surprise no one cares) and I don't think I'd ever forget it in the morning because it's literally all I have to look forward to for the next 8 hours.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Hey just FYI, Ultimate Chicken Horse is one of the best party games I've ever played. You should buy it.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

iddqd posted:

Crawl remains my favorite multiplayer game. Nothing more fun than local multiplayer when everyone’s drinking (rooftop optional).

It's very good.

Still haven't been able to beat it though. Any time someone tries to go for the boss they just get annihilated.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

There's no reason to think Let's Go will be bad.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm trying not to buy Mario Party, Dark Souls, and Diablo. I already have more than a year's worth of backlog.

Gonna get Smash tho

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Port all the Mario games

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

b_d posted:

II got enter the gungeon on switch... it crashed when I went down the elevator after the first boss. thankfully it started in the same place when I next played it. it did the same thing after the second boss. I assume it’ll resume properly again, but, is this normal

No I've played it tons without crashing issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

I can't remember the last time I played with my switch. The last time I turned it on was to install/setup the online thing. But then I turned it off. And I can't remember the last time I used it before that. I think I might play with it in December when smash comes out, though.

i play mine every day bitch