Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Regy Rusty posted:

So this is what we do now, people are lovely to each other and we make new threads and pray it won't happen again

I remember when it happened in the last Wii U thread and then no one even bothered to make a new one.:smith:

I’m traveling across the country and regret not bringing my Switch with me. I brought my 3DS instead so I could force myself through my backlog on there but it’s not the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

there should be more NES games on this thing imo

Do we know when the 3 October games are supposed to go up?

Why the gently caress isn’t one of them Castlevania also.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Now that they’ve done two DQ Minecraft games, they should do DQ Fortnite next.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kly posted:

do any of the megaman collections other than the first one have the rewind feature? my 4yr old loves megaman but all the games are too hard for him (other than the psp remake of 1) and i end up having to help so much he may as well not even be playing.

No. Mega Man 11 has a new player casual difficulty though that may work out for him.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LethalGeek posted:

Speaking of DQ Builders 2
https://gematsu.com/2018/10/dragon-quest-builders-2-further-details-vacant-island-setting-more-evolved-building-elements

Dec 20, in time to sit on long flights building all the things.

Does it connect to the first one in any way?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Solomon’s Key is one of the popular NES games I’ve never tried so looking forward to that. I do love the other two. It’s amazing how much of an improvement NES OTG is over Golf.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gay Horney posted:

So with Mario party not being eligible for handheld does that mean I can't bring my switch over to my friends house and control my guy from my switch while he plays on the big screen?

Maybe but you’d probably have to play in table top mode.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dark Souls on Switch is currently available for preorder for $29 at Walmart.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Snowmankilla posted:

So I have never played Dark Souls, but I have heard it is stupid hard. Is it fun as well?

It’s hard in the sense that you have to be very careful. It’s not too bad once you get the mechanics down and start to learn what to expect from the game. It’s very fun, there’s a reason why people have been constantly talking about it since its original release 7 years ago.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Barudak posted:

Be warned, playtests indicate that other than portability this might be the worst version yet so if you own literally any video game console or PC manufactured since 2006 you may have better and significantly cheaper options to play this

Where you hear that? I know it’s obviously not as good as on PC/PS4/X1 but I haven’t heard it being worse than on 360 and PS3.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Your Computer posted:

I better be able to play Dark Souls with the Poké Ball™ Plus

I won’t be impressed until I hear someone beating Dark Souls like this.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Al Borland Corpse posted:

It's not out yet. Reviews might come out today

They’re out today and seem pretty positive. I can’t remember the last time a Mario Party was getting such positive buzz.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Retroarch is a massive piece of poo poo on every platform. I doubt online multiplayer would work well on it.

THE loving MOON posted:

I didn't know, but I bet the next tidbit about Prime is going to look a lot like that

The game awards in December seems like a likely place they’ll show something.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oscar Wild posted:

If I have drift in the joycons while in handheld mode, if I buy new joycons, will that fix the situation? I've tried recalibrating and cleaning the sticks but they continue to drift.

Yes since it seems to be a hardware issue.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wonder what it’ll be. I’ll probably buy it just for the novelty.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Super No Vacancy posted:

lol i read a mario party review says you can only play with a single joycon???? no other control options?????

No, since all the mini games are tied to functionality that wouldn’t really work otherwise.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It sucks but the game features this:

https://twitter.com/krazybonestv/status/1047511253713915904?s=21

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

My launch joycons had issues but I haven’t had issues with replacement ones.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wish I could get used to playing with double split joy-cons but it feels awkward to me. Maybe it’ll feel better if I put on the wrist things to make it fill out more in my hands?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Is it harder than Celeste or the dumb platforming in Hollow Knight?

No. Especially not so on lower difficulties.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Have you played other Mega Man games? They really require a certain mindset and “groove” to play them well without frustration.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Snowmankilla posted:

Thanks for all the Dark Souks talk. You talked me into it!

Post about the game when you start playing. It’s always fun to read new player reactions.:)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How much more powerful could a Switch Pro that’s only a year away be?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wish more things supported touch controls on Switch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Feenix posted:

So is Supper MARIO Party 9pm PST we thinking?

Definitely. I believe you can preload it so you can start playing right then.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Astro7x posted:

A vast majority of the mini games use motion control that does not make sense to us the pro controller for

Yeah, a lot of mini games require motions that wouldn’t work or be awkward as hell with a pro controller. They still should have had a mode to omit those minigames if you’re playing with pro controllers instead though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A cheaper handheld only “Switch” makes more sense since 3DS will surely be dead by then and it’ll be just in time for the new core Pokémon but I really hope it’s a Switch Pro.

I still wouldn’t expect it to match a PS4 but it would be nice to get a little power jump.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mega Man isn’t too bad difficulty-wise once you get in the groove of them. They’re never really unfairly difficult imo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Midjack posted:

Final boss of 2 is totally bullshit.

2 does have some of the most bullshit. I still love it but I’m surprised it’s the most fondly looked on of the series.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Reality Pisser posted:

2 is pretty fair except for boobeam trap.

The boss that’s just those lasers on the walls is kinda meh since you only have enough crash bombs to not gently caress up once. It’s fine though once you know.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's terrible design

It is. I won’t defend that. 2 has more cheap stuff than 1 I think.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RCarr posted:

Yo why are there no posts saying how much people are enjoying Mario Party. What the gently caress.

I’m gonna play it this weekend with some old friends. It’s going to own.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

These are some of the best minigames since the N64 game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Over There posted:

Mario Party is fun if you're not playing single player

I used to play the N64 ones alone as a kid and I’d still have fun.

:smith:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Consummate Professional posted:

I beat Undertale for the first time today and drat, it was really fun and cool. Now I get why people have been talking about it forever

Now you just need to beat it two more times on the other routes. Beating the normal route is just the beginning.:)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

.TakaM posted:

I haven't played Fortnite for a while, but the gyro worked by tilting the controller for left/right aim when in other games like Splatoon you turn it like a steering wheel- which I prefer much more

You can change it now in Fortnite to work more like how Splatoon does it. It lets you choose between yaw or roll gyro.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I didn’t realize the into is a homage to the original Mario Party. That’s really cool.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is Bowser Revolution still in?:ussr:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LethalGeek posted:

Or you ignore the motion controls in Mario like everyone else who's smart did and enjoy the game.

There’s some things you can’t do with buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/draggggggggggon/status/1048405776945967110?s=21