Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Paracelsus posted:

I'm probably a weirdo but I actually like the Kirito/Asuna scenes throughout the franchise. They come across as quiet & nice without being too showy.

This is how I feel, I really enjoy their relationship a lot. I thinks it's well written as 2 people who very much love each other and are very comfortable and pleased to be together in general pretty much like an older married couple. I'm going to put it down to weird time perceptions in the original SAO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Dessel posted:

Well this latest episode might be one of the worst episodes of anime I've seen in ages.

- Boring and illogical exposition
- Incredibly cringy motivations, reasoning, actions and interaction/dialogue
- Boring fake drama that has zero weight

SAO is dumb but usually it's at least entertaining.

But I find all 3 if those things entertaining, I hope that's not a sign of mental illness. I also love Kirito, Asuna, and Yui both as characters and as a family. I particularly enjoyed Asuna's turn towards AI rights activist SJW in the middle of this episode.

Shaffness fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 15, 2018

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Kazy posted:

I can buy stupid poo poo like Yui's AI and the Fluctlight, but then villain's "literally eats real human souls like magic" is just so profoundly over the top.

Yes this is 100% the bullshit that I come to Sao for. I love it.

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001
On the dumb SAO bullshit front I was pleased to see that Kirito can erect a loving forcefield even though he's for all intents and purposes braindead. I really like the character Alice is growing into. I like her for the same reason Kirito and Asuna's relationship is my favorite thing in SAO it's just really sweet wholesome and genuine. Also her outfit is cool as hell.

Shaffness fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 11, 2019

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Sindai posted:

If that laser really wanted to be cool and important it should have gotten itself launched by Kirito

Spoilers geez.

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001
So I guess Alice uses SAO retarded bullshit science to make a mirror ball that can use luminous element or in her case thousands of fluctlight spirits from fallen fighters to create what is essentially an infinite power generator to power her space laser. Pretty badass.

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001
I'm glad they only did half an episode of info dump abd let the back half be some interesting battling. I was surprised that Alice want able to heal her homeboy though. Seeing as how she's a priestess and was training to be a healer as a child you'd think she would have some pretty powerful white magic spells.

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Blaze Dragon posted:

man I sure love episodes about how much everyone wants Kirito's dick

such incredibly deep and engaging character writing

Christ, it had something good going with the Stacia stuff and Asuna having to explain everything to the Underworlders too. That was not needed but I guess it isn't SAO without it.

Most of the time I forget SAO is a harem anime but then an episode like this one comes along to smash you in the face with it. my favorite part of SAO is Kirito and Asuna's relationship so I really got the feels when they met up. the sword fight and the overworld explination made up for some of the harem business and honestly I don't even mind that all that much since in general they seem to keep it to a minimum.

Shaffness fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 16, 2019

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

TwoPair posted:

I'm glad all the characters, both good and evil, can come together to fight the evil Americans. :japan:

Not a lot of development in this episode but it was actionny and fun regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001
God damnit, Saturday was my favorite night of the week. I'd put my kid to bed and my wife would fall asleep, then watch an old episode of the league and finish off with SAO. What the hell am I supposed to do until April.

Shaffness fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 24, 2020