Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

turn off your critical mind. take five seconds from your day and just look. acknowledge the purity

you are now a better artist than you were five seconds ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
hell ueah brother

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i put on my robe and pocket wizard hat

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

this reads like someone's fetish

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Joke's on this guy, I looked at those pictures and now i'm even worse!!!!!!!

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
edit: :dogge:

pseudorandom fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Oct 4, 2018

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

avshalemon posted:

turn off your critical mind. take five seconds from your day and just look. acknowledge the purity

you are now a better artist than you were five seconds ago

Tru

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

fart

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

See, this kind of photographic art takes guts that I just don’t have. There isn’t even an actual image here, or indeed anything you could even have an image of.

I still have so much to learn here...

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I honestly don’t know if I can take another photo after seeing these. What else is left to achieve?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
I’ve already sold all my gear. Time to walk out into the ocean I guess. :shrug:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

President Beep posted:

I’ve already sold all my gear. Time to walk out into the ocean I guess. :shrug:

Pls dont. The ocean is already full of garbage.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Fffffuuuuucckkkkk! :kingsley:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

8th-snype posted:

Pls dont. The ocean is already full of garbage.

the ocean is full of my photos?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I have erased
the pics
that were on
the camera

and which
you were probably
saving
for Flickr

Forgive me
they were poorly framed
so bland
and so blurred

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mirage posted:

I have erased
the pics
that were on
the camera

and which
you were probably
saving
for Flickr

Forgive me
they were poorly framed
so bland
and so blurred

:emptyquote:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Took a look at York photographs
Every time i look at them they make me laugh

(Because they are bad, you see)

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
i saw the good bluepup photos before you edited and let me tell you, you're the only one itt who understands the concept of sweetness and the only one itt who will ever make something of themselves

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
the rest of you will perish in the flood

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
what is sweetness? the crux of art. some might say that you can have art without sweetness. these people are hosed! bitter art is defined by its lack of sweetness; sweetness dominates by its absence. to depict something, anything, you have to find the innate sweetness within it, without which there is nothing that makes it worth looking at. there's nothing sweeter than a quail basking in the sun and if you can't recognise that then you don't have the touch, i don't care how expensive your stupid camera is

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
my camera's not worth a single hot dime. i'm not a photographer. in fact i hate photographers! my quail cost five bucks each from a gentle agriculture teacher who'd broken his back and needed to get rid of all his animals. they're small, fat and incredibly stupid and yet they've taught me more about art than any of you will ever know. yes, even you

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

incredible flesh posted:

i'm not a photographer. in fact i hate photographers!

same

i saw these sweet Japanese plums tho

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
did you know that birds yawn? they do.

e:

Atlatl posted:

same

i saw these sweet Japanese plums tho

splendid

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Actually, op, they are bad.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

The only real art worth doing is posting.

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

President Beep posted:

Actually, op, they are bad.
bitch are you arguing with this perfect man

he is art, made by the lord itself. could you create something so perfectly round and quizzical? i didn't think so. when he's horny he stands up very straight and trills, a sight more affecting than any photo i've seen in my entire life. he knows what he wants and he goes out to get it. he breaks my heart. his name is felafel

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
i want you to realise you can never create something as perfect as felafel. now you must spend the rest of your life trying.

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
quail only live for 3-4 years. felafel is four years old. his days are numbered. this touch of poignancy is the secret to his beauty, his ineffable sweetness, his status as an exquisite object

behold the masterpiece

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm going to put this entire subforum inside my rear end and reverse-digest it into a disgusting banquet, which i will serve to overwhelmingly negative reviews and general disdain from the critical public. absolute fools, each and every one of you

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm the op btw, i got probated for trying to buy drugs in gbs

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
seriously though i love these dumbass birds, thanks for reading everyone

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Quails are great birds but is it really art if you don’t incorporate your own urine into the photo in some way?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

rio posted:

Quails are great birds but is it really art if you don’t incorporate your own urine into the photo in some way?

Careful. I get the feeling op is the temperamental type. Doesn’t take criticism well.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The absence of urine is the art, it's a critique on every other artist.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
holy poo poo

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's you

you're the one with the power

rio
Mar 20, 2008

:five:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

So, like, I feel dumb even bringing this up, but there’s only been one instance of plumbs in this GD thread and it wasn’t even from the GD op!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's an allegorical reference to a thing we want, but never get.

• Locked thread