Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

That armor looks fantastic, and I'm really interested to see what the actual concept is. Because even as someone who loves Mandalorians, if they just play it completely straight or basically just make him Jango/Boba Fett bounty hunter clone, I feel like that'd be a bit disappointing.

(unless they Samus it, in which case, I am completely 100% on-board. :allears:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Teek posted:

Mandalorian spoilers:

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/12/the-macguffin-of-star-wars-the-mandalorian-revealed/

Lone Wolf and Cub in space? If the series advances in time a few years between seasons, we could get the story of him raising this heir over the years.

Oh man, I really hope this is true. (Spoilered Mandaboo poo poo about that article, just to be safe) Not so much the "heir/savior of Mandalore" angle, even if it would be kind of cool to see them do that sort of multi-media worldbuilding. But as someone who was adopted at a pretty young age and spent quite a few years struggling with finding some sense of cultural identity, I've always thought that one of the coolest things about Mandalorians beneath all of the blind Boba worship and armor is (at least in the Legends canon) how they view the concept of family as more of an earned relationship than something you are just born into by default. Where they see no difference between taking in a child as your own and having one the "proper" way, because as far as they're concerned, the years you spend raising them from that point on are far more important.

So having the show really delve into something like that as a way to dodge the obvious trap of trying to just make a new Boba Fett tough guy bounty hunter would make me genuinely excited. Having a protagonist who is forced to suddenly grapple with that responsibility, but in a way where he actually cares and isn't just a generically stoic/snarky badass reluctantly accepting the baby as a burden? God, I'm ~all about that~. :allears:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Yeah, that was a bit of a rough start- I can't really put my finger on why, but something about the blue guy's acting just seemed like it didn't fit with that "Star Wars" feeling. Maybe he just reminded me of Neelix from Voyager too much. But once I got through the prologue, the rest of the episode won me over with plenty to spare.

More than anything else, I was really glad that there were other Mandalorians. One of my biggest worries was that it would spend the whole season with him as "The Mandalorian", and everyone constantly reacting to what he is without ever really showing it beyond another mysterious loner. That, and them not being afraid to play around with the helmet design a bit like with the beskar blacksmith.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

nine-gear crow posted:

I maintain that Rise of Skywalker would be saved if there were like 8 Palpatines in it.

Episode IX: Crisis of Infinite Sheevs

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I genuinely can't comprehend the logic of someone who thinks that Disney did the wrong thing by trying to ignore the harassment that Kelly Marie Tran and John Boyega received (a complaint that is fully deserved), but also that they are wrong to address the racism now because it's just a PR smokescreen for how bad the show is. Like... what is the right thing to do in that scenario, then? If you're saying that they still aren't doing enough with Ewan's little car vlog and a few snarky tweets, then I'm right there with you — but it seems like the underlying implication is that talking about it somehow is directly responsible for provoking that behavior and therefore they just shouldn't even mention it, and I think the last decade has proved just how loving stupid that is.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

teagone posted:

Disney might not like outright cut physical checks or whatever, but an RT critic admitted that they and presumably others write fake reviews to maintain exclusive access to premiere events and other poo poo like that.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019...es-controversy/

Uh, isn't Bounding Into Comics like some alt-right "go woke, go broke" clickbait farm? I might be mixing it up with some other site, but the name seems really familiar to me in a bad way.

e: Okay yeah, gently caress this site and anything they have to say.
https://boundingintocomics.com/2022/06/18/comedian-jerrod-carmichael-goes-on-bizarre-rant-about-dave-chappelles-opinions-on-trans-s-t/

quote:

Chappelle, of course, did not create that so-called hill. Rather, LGBTQ+ advocates did when they began to demand that every institution – including entertainment, sports, the armed forces, the intelligence community, politics, news, education, health care, food stuffs, and even churches – cater specifically to their own personal insecurities.

Said advocates have grown so fanatical that they’ve even taken to forcing children to conform to their ideologies, becoming outraged when we object to it.

And now, with threats of cancellation constantly wielded as a weapon, none of us can even escape it any longer. They won’t let us.

Generic American fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jun 21, 2022

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

teagone posted:

Oh gross. I just did a google search to find something relevant to link instead of just a tweet. But lol the twitter account that shared the RT podcast clip also appears to be a shithead who supports Gina Carano and JK Rowling.

:rip:

Ironically, kinda proving the opposite point -- that for all of the valid complaints about Disney you can level, same as with critiques of the show being poorly made, there is an entire industry of bad faith actors like this site or god only knows how many Youtubers who only want to stir poo poo up because they are bigots throwing a temper tantrum about minorities and trans people.

I genuinely don't care about the issue of review bombing or buying good reviews because it is a bad show and doesn't deserve a better rating, while there are also plenty of Star Wars fans who don't need to be paid off to enjoy trash. But these people 100% exist, and to blame their actions on Disney provoking them is downright laughable.

Generic American fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 21, 2022

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I'm a little surprised that they made such a point about the PC version being problematic? Other than the aspect ratio, I really can't remember having any issues with it other than it really not liking Windows Vista for some reason. But ever since upgrading to Windows 10, it has never given me any trouble when I've replayed it.

(Unlike Jade Empire, which is absolutely miserable on the PC because of how the camera works compared to the console version.)

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I find myself hoping that there won't be some big dramatic moment where Sabine finally figures out how to actually use the Force, but that the show settles on keeping her merely Force sensitive, with her training and technology making up the difference. Almost like a Mandalorian version of Chirrut.

Hell, just call it a variant of battle meditation on a much smaller scale.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

That's So Revan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Parkingtigers posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHXDbVRxojo

Fairly brutal (but fair) Honest Trailer for Ahsoka. I did not spot all the sighing in the show, and now I'll never unsee it.

Great gag with Chopper R2DeezNuts

Watching the first 1 minute and 30 seconds of this was honestly harder for me than the first four episodes of Ahsoka.