Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

After a long war serial, and a show about the mysticism of the force as a backdrop to family and the rebellion, I'm looking forward to a fighter plane show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Rex is ten times the soldier Boba was :colbert:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I don't think anyone is going to show up for a cameo in this show, Favreau's scroll makes it sound like it's going to be disconnected from everything else

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Still on episode one, but I really liked the over the shoulder shot on Faizon's ship in the first race, it's a real Ace Combat sort of camera angle.

Also, a few seconds in and we get two brand new ships in the T-85 X-Wing and the red TIE Interceptor, space fighter show pumpin out rad new designs that can go in X-wang and vidya games :getin:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Oct 9, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I reckon it'd be fun to have Iden Versio, Gideon Hask, Del Meeko, or Shriv show up in an episode of Resistance. Hell, they could even have the first three show up in The Mandalorian, since the character models were 3D renders of the actual actors doing the voices.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Azhais posted:

It was actually after they blew up the fourth one

NO DON'T

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

twistedmentat posted:

yea the Ugly ships are really cool because you can see all the parts used to make them. The Pirate Leader was also dressed in Imperial Office Armor.

He had to dress professionally for his job interview with the First Order

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MonsterEnvy posted:

I imagine he is a real Tie pilot. But I doubt he was as in to the Empire as his Imperial Tattoo's suggest

The pre-series launch blurbs suggested that the guy claimed to be an ex-Imperial, but nobody on Colossus was really sure if it was true or not, so I imagine it will eventually be a plot point.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I didn't realise they were just dropping the first 4 episodes and then taking 3 weeks before getting to the next one, ugh

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Metalshark posted:

Yeah, there's potential between the different Aces' feelings towards the First Order, so I'm just ready for Kaz's friends to coalesce into more of a unit over the coming episodes as they face whatever the station throws at them together.

At some point Tam is going to figure out that the new hot shot pilot, being looked after and employed as a mechanic by the former Rebellion officer, who can't mechanic worth a drat, and has shown a keen interest in everything First Order up to and including worming into the command tower, and then climbing around the outside of it while being chased by Stormtroopers shooting to kill, might not, in fact, just be a down on his luck mechanic.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cross-Section posted:

But also rad turtle people :3:

So very rad :3:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Negotiations? Haven't they already been shooting for a while now, or is everything we've seen so far just set and prop preparation?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Dave Filoni inserting a version of Delta Squad back into the Star Wars was the best

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

bunnyofdoom posted:

Dengar that mummy gently caress! (My inner nerd hopes his wife figures into it)

Shut up, Dengar

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

thrawn527 posted:

That's, um...what?

Terba!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I think part of the problem is that it's clearly aimed at an even younger audience than Clone Wars or Rebels, so it's a lot simpler, and with the short run time and no two or three part stories it's really hard for an older audience to get enough out of it to grab onto.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Moon Slayer posted:

Is this something the developers have said or is this just something people have been assuming because the body count is lower so far?

Yes, it's something they said early on, that Resistance was being aimed at a younger audience than Rebels - which means kids about 8-12, as Rebels and Clone Wars were young adult.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 14, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Really getting tired of Kaz being a clutz, every time he runs into something or knocks poo poo off a shelf onto his head it takes me closer to wanting to turn the episode off and never watch another

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 4, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Wikipedia says the new episode was supposed to air on the 24th but I can't find it, what happened?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Nah I reckon it's not a ship, it's just a mobile depot station, with enough self propulsion to move to new staging areas, but not enough for combat maneuvers.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They should make the entire second season a long and slow chase scene, start to finish

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cross-Section posted:

Taika Wat8t8

:stwoon:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Maybe the snouts will be added in post? Can always hope

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

teagone posted:

I love it. Especially Herzog's delivery of the line.

I'm not sure I can pick a favourite Herzog line out of that entire scene

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I just read the Mando's blaster is a propified Bergman 1894 no.1, which was a contemporary of Solo's Mauser C96. Nice amount of thought in that.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 24, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Gonz posted:

A pal of mine posited that it could be Cad Bane, to which I said "Nah."

Per one of the unfinished clone wars episodes, he dead, Boba killed him in a duel

Robot Style posted:

The sound of the spurs made me think Boba Fett, since they did the same thing with him in Empire. I hope it's not though - he doesn't really have a reason to enter the story at this point, especially if they're keeping with him not being an actual Mandalorian.

He also dead :crossarms:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

VaultAggie posted:

If we were going by unfinished clone wars episodes, the Yuuzhan Vong would be canon.

Say what? There was nothing like that in the unfinished episodes, it was bounty hunters, a giant khyber crystal, and the bad batch

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Dec 7, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Rocksicles posted:

there is literally a Clint Eastwood vs Lee Van Cleef showdown where young Boba gets his helmet dent. the unfinished clip was show at a con or a star wars event a few years ago.

I gotta say though, i'm liking the theory Cad Bane as Lee van Cleef and an episode called The Gunfighter... I'm sold.

Yes I know, that's the clip I was talking about when I said bounty hunters. I was asking where the Yuuzhan Vong thing came from, because it wasn't in any of the clips/story reels

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Robot Style posted:

Palpatine, but pit death sadly doesn't mean much anymore.

:negative:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Kung Fu

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I like the storyboard/concept art for that episode that runs through the end credits.

Also
:3:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

TFA, TLJ, and ROS are all so bad they're now unmovies, like Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions.

JJ Abrams career should be over, and Kennedy pensioned off by Iger. Bring on the Dave Filoni era.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Disney has released 5 Star Wars movies since taking over, for the grand sum of half a good movie, that being the second half of Rogue One. Mean time we've gotten two good TV shows out of three (Rebels and Mandalorian) that have essentially been ignored by management, content to let them do whatever while they concentrated on movies and movie merch and theme parks.

It's been an undeniable financial catastrophe for the house of mouse, drastic changes are inevitable. I mean, Disney are supposed to be the kings of kids movie toys, but here they are with new trilogy stuff on shelves that stores can't get rid of at a discount, while people are now clamouring for Baby Yoda toys that aren't going to be ready for Xmas, what better an example of incompetent leadership does one need?

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 22, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Disney is currently being investigated for cooking their books in a massive way, their PR released numbers aren't reliable.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

mllaneza posted:

That was a great episode. It drew a straight line from the understated trooper banter to the loving Darksaber and earned all it's best moments.

Finding out who directed the episode in the end credits explained why that trooper banter scene was so great

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

No one even said they were murked by stormtroopers. Gideon has the darksabre. It's possible that he took out a bunch of them.

Gideon also had his squad of deathtroopers

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

You see her walking away from the fight at the end of the exact same episode, all her appearance in the final season does is explain how she survived.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Shbobdb posted:

Like what episode is this? My brain must have edited it out to preserve any lingering respect I had for Rebels.

The rebels thread being all "she survived a fight with vader!" Was when I really realized the people in the rebels thread were irredeemable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTFNwROFWaA

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 4, 2020

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Shbobdb posted:

Yeah shes dead they show that.

That video quite literally shows her walking down some stairs after the fight. Get your brain worms cured before it's too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Shbobdb posted:

Descending into the afterlife, yes.

No, walking down a set of stairs while still alive.