Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

As someone who never bothered with the other Star Wars animated series will this be accessible for me? Or is it more of a sequel to those?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Weird that the mod scene showed the guy putting metal pipes into Fennec's body but didn't show him ripping out all the intestines first.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is that something they always ask? Like a routine check-in?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Hazo posted:

She apparently spends 100% of her free time kneeling on the precipice of space and holding her forging tools across her chest for some reason, so maybe she's constantly waiting for some troops to try sneaking up on her again because it was so much goddamn fun for her.

It must get pretty drat boring just the two of them.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

site posted:

can't wait for the dynasty crisis because boba is a clone and technically not a true mandalorian

Does Boba even know/care about all that Mando poo poo? I thought he just took his dad's cool armour when he died.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Just Chamber posted:

I think ideally if his little fiefdom collapses at the end of the series and he has to go be adventurer Boba and he gets off Tatooine

Can I interest you in a show called The Mandalorian?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Grand Fromage posted:

So when Mando needs to pee does he have to hope there's a habitable planet nearby he can stop off at? Do Mandalorians pee? The old ship had a toilet I think.

There's a whole compartment behind him that he could stick a toilet in.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

feedmyleg posted:

Can't wait to see Boba riding the rancor in the big finale, a thing he learned how to do off-screen while we were watching other stuff.

What are the odds that the rancor doesn't show up or get mentioned in the finale.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Boba didn't show up at this point.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Dude looks like an Oddworld character. I like it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Luke was absolutely right to do what he did. It'd take a real psychopath (or some sort of weirdo warrior cultist with no attachments or feelings) to know that your friends are in mortal danger and do nothing.

"Actually he would've been better off doing nothing at all :smuggo:" doesn't change that.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I don't know who Amy Sedaris is but judging her solely on this and Mando she's just the worst.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Twitter is so mad about this one dude’s little spin and it isn’t even among the top 50 issues this loving show had.

This fandom is so loving stupid and reactionary now.

Seriously, characters do dumb little moves like that all the time.

What offends me more is that the mods (the premier rebel biker gang in Mos Espa) are so clean, polite and posh. They're clearly in Tatooine on a gap year funded by mummy and daddy.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cheesus posted:

This gave Grogu agency of his own. Up until then, it was not his choice to be "returned" to the Jedi. Luke powerfully gave him that opportunity to decide on his own.

I'm half expecting Luke to turn up in S3 and say 'that was a test and you passed by choosing to help your friend, just like I did all those years ago (because you totally knew Mando was in danger, right)?'.

That or they'll try to find someone to continue teaching him the force without imposing the whole weird cult thing on him. Oh hey maybe that BD unit Mando met on Tatooine knows someone?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Mr. Nemo posted:

holy poo poo they never got back to the wate vendor. Why hire that actor for such an insignificant part.

I 100% thought he was going to lead a popular reovlt against boba or betray him or something. They just showed him seething for nothing.

Another of boba's poorly thought plans that had no consequences. "charge less for water" "okay"

That feels like something that was cut late on. The dude had a character poster apparently!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Show me more Naboo if we have to stick to established planets. Swampy Forest Italy would be a welcome change from all this goddamn sand.

We should probably check in with the Gungans too while we're there.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Isometric Bacon posted:

It got so bad I remember the phrase 'Star Wars Fatigue' being a pretty regular occurrence.

Given that the MCU managed to put out four films and five seasons of TV this year it must have really taken Disney aback when they couldn't get away with stepping up the Star Wars movie output. I think one live action show and one animated show per year, with movies every three or so years would probably strike a decent balance as long as they have a good re-think of the creative direction of the films.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

feedmyleg posted:

It also bears noting that the MCU is constantly moving the universe forward. It makes things feel new and exciting and leaves people itching to find out what happens next. Star Wars does not currently have this advantage.

I really wish Star Wars would stop dwelling on the past and re-telling the same events from different perspectives and just move forward. It's doomed to have endless content churned out until the end of time, so that content may as well progress the overarching story.

The one exception I'll allow is Old Republic poo poo. Either bring the KO/TOR games into canon or adapt them Disney. :argh:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rey would've been a loving great character if RoS didn't happen and her teaming up with Kylo wasn't a fakeout.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Smythe posted:

hi my name is rey. im the most powerful jedi in the universe, because, well... just kuz. heres a nonsensical story involving nobody worth mentioning & also my weird boyfriend who has teenager style tantrums lol. btw im goku. my heroes quest is, uh, not sure really. you love it. you love my story you little freaks. im cool, lovable, relatable, and insane badass because the script says so in the character description but nowhere else basically. CHEERS

Well done on getting through that without saying Mary Sue. We've really progressed as a society.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Anita Dickinme posted:

I believe I've read multiple times it's fifteen years after RotS.

So all that setup of her story in Mando/BoBF was for nothing?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

galenanorth posted:

you'd think that if Boba is rolling in credits, he'd be able to hire more people than the Wookie and like eleven Mods

Yeah tbh the weirdest part for me is that some other rando didn't roll in and slaughter him in the first episode.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Force lightning would probably have a lot of really useful nonviolent applications and the Jedi are fools for shunning it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I know it's not canon anymore but I just can't get over the fact that even going back millennia, most of society is identical to modern day 'Wars. You still have the Jedi controlled Republic and the Sith controlled Empire. There's still a master and an apprentice. The Jedi are making the same mistakes. The droids are basically the same. The Hutts have a crime empire. Tatooine has the exact same issues with poverty, slavery and sand people. It's bonkers.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

feedmyleg posted:

I have bad news for you about the real world.

At least the oppressed classes have Netflix and microwaves now. In Star Wars they just have all the same poo poo for thousands of years.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Karloff posted:

Boba Fett wasn't a very good show. It's very easy to think how they could have structured it better to be more dramatically satisfying while accomplishing all the same things in the the terms of where they wanted characters placed etc. I didn't mind the Mods because it amused me that they looked like they stepped straight out of Camden Market, at least before it got lovely and they built a bunch of flats at the lock.

Now I'm imagining them all working at Cyberdog in Camden (while living with their parents in Chelsea of course).

Pic for reference:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I wish we saw the failed Palpy clones, like that bit in Alien Resurrection.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm struggling to remember the last film score (not just Star Wars) that actually had that John Williams magic. Probably Revenge of the Sith? Nothing he's done since then has hit the same way.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

feedmyleg posted:

This insult to Across the Stars will not stand

Totally. It's a shame it wasn't written for a less gross love story.

Battle of the Heroes slaps so hard for me. It sells the Mustafar fight as an exciting, climactic battle all on its own. It edges Fates for me.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Dave Syndrome posted:

Rey's theme is quite lovely, but off my head I can't remember any other themes from the sequel trilogy. Very curious to see how the Obi theme will come out.

Yeah Rey's theme's nice. I suppose I associate good John Williams themes with sweeping scores that dominate a scene - whereas Rey's theme adds some nice background texture.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cheesus posted:

Followup to those who said "yes":

Don you believe Shmi when she said there was no father?

I believed her, she didn't know that Sheev was the father.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

My favourite storm trooper chumping is Jedi Fallen Order. By hammering the block button when they're firing at you, you one shot most of them without even looking in their direction. Casually mow the fuckers down, then get killed by a spider.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

feedmyleg posted:

I am going to get really annoyed when he inevitably says "Hello there" in the series.

I'm near the end of season 3 of Clone Wars and someone says 'I have a bad feeling about this' in about 70% of episodes. There's going to be constant 'hello there's. Definitely a few 'certain point of views' for good measure too.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Even better (because it doesn't get enough credit), Battle of the Heroes! Hope that gets a reference in the actual show.

While both of those tracks are great (especially BotH) it's weird to see them used devoid of context. They meant something god drat it! Still fun though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He'll turn up as a force ghost. Turns out Vader died shortly after his horrific burns and they replaced him with Rex.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's just funny seeing all the Twitter replies freaking out over a photo of Darth Vader, looking exactly the same as Darth Vader looks in every film he appears in.

It's like saying 'here's a look at Frank Oz as Yoda' for an upcoming movie and showing a photo of the ESB Yoda puppet.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Robot Style posted:

James Earl Jones played Vader in Rebels, so if they don't get him they'll probably go the AI route like they did with Luke.

:barf: God I hope not. Just run Hayden's voice through a drat filter, this is meant to be a younger Vader anyway.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Nanigans posted:

Clone Wars was real, real bad until later seasons and even then, they gave us poo poo like all the Jar Jar episodes and the four loving episodes in a row with Meebur Gascon in the desert with the droids that were just intolerable to sit through.

Rebels has a much higher good-to-bad ratio and the later seasons are some of the best Star Wars content, period.

Cad Bane is in the first series though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ballz posted:

Did JEJ die or something? Why not just have him voice Vader like he always has. He’s not going to sound “old” like Hamill does because his voice will already be filtered.

Tbf the dude is 91 and might be reaching the point where he doesn't want to strain his voice every time Disney calls.

And Hamill doesn't even sound that old except when he's doing his Joker/weird UK accent voice.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

drat isn't there like ten years between Kenobi and ANH? Living in a sand cave must make you age like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Butterfly Valley posted:

It's kinda funny that now we have the implication that Obi Wan spent the best part of 20 years living on Tatooine with gently caress all to do yet couldn't ingratiate themselves with the Tusken Raiders such that they were still a direct threat to him and his charge, yet two bounty hunters in much less time managed to learn how to communicate, empathise and eventually ingratiate themselves

I feel like it wouldn't even occur to Obi Wan to build relationships with what he sees as a savage race.