Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
I hope she gets turned, we need more women Jedi for the chuds to rage over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Cartoon Man posted:

Wasn’t she slicing and dicing good guys in the very first sequence of the show? You usually don’t get a redemption arc from that unless it’s part of a sacrifice where your death helps the good guys win.

Are you new to star wars? Because getting a pass for dark side behavior is the way the justice system works.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
traditionally isn't the star wars ships limited from hyperspace in a gravity well?

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Arc Light posted:

Yeah, in the old EU books when I was a kid, I definitely remember that being a thing.

But then Andor jumped his ship from inside a planet's atmosphere in Rogue One, which would def run afoul of the old rules, so who knows.

They had that Imperial Interdictor in rebels too, which is a portable gravity well

e: Pretty sure a gravity well is a plot point in one of the Aftermath books too for one of the missions.

Stegosnaurlax fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Sep 9, 2023

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Lothal Weapon

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Darko posted:

Savage and Maul have a couple of wins together, at least. Anakin/Obi Wan/Ahsoka at least have some draws between them.

The emperor wipes the floor with them both

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Boris Galerkin posted:

As a non-Rebels watcher I think Sabine is like The Worse. She’s completely incapable and incompetent at what she does, which the show both shows and tells me with the robut saying she’s the worse student ever.

That's canon from the show, she's an artist and an imperial academy drop out. The only person she ever listened too was Hera.

No Mods No Masters posted:

Is that what she was doing between rebels and mandalorian? I don't think that's something this show told me, and it's not in my peripheral awareness of the other shows she was in. Even if it was, that's not exactly giving her a lot of experience dueling other lightsaber users I would think

She was plenty experienced. They've had to tone her down for the live action, she's basically a ninja in the animated shows. She's very very good at dueling.

Stegosnaurlax fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 13, 2023

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

skasion posted:

It's what she was doing in Rebels, and it's what she was doing in Mandalorian. I guess it's possible that she spent all the time in between chilling on the beach.

Most of Ahsoka's experience would be in killing random battle droids/troopers and not other laser swordsmen. But that's true of everyone, most people don't have lightsabers.

Ahsoka's record against dark Jedi isn't great. Lotta running away "let's call it a draw" type stuff

Yeah, she was also like 14.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Vintersorg posted:

Hey buddy… TuRn OfF uR bRaIn - aren’t you happy for more Star Wars????!!!

That was alright I guess and I did actually like the Anakin flashbacks/lessons. Hayden was better than ever here. I still don’t like using Snips all the time tho.

That's era accurate Anakin.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Sash! posted:

There's pieces, but there's too many lingering shots of nothing. Like a gigantic sandwich that inexplicably has a slice of bread in between each meat, cheese or other topping.

And yet, i couldn't care less. This is a good eating.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Sash! posted:

No, I love club sandwiches.

They don't make them with seven slices of bread though.

Check and mate. https://www.tasteatlas.com/club-sandwich/recipe
drat i checkmated myself, wrong link.

Stegosnaurlax fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 13, 2023

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

CornHolio posted:

I thought it was alright. Seemed like it could have been a half hour.

Hayden and young Ahsoka was cool but I'm not sure what the point of it was. I knew the space whales were coming, it was cool to see though. Everything else was just kind of...there. I'm excited for next week, but I'm getting a little worried - aren't there only three episodes left?

There isn't going to be a conclusion in this, it's going to lead into the thrawn movie, so just enjoy the ride.

Stegosnaurlax fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 13, 2023

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Vinylshadow posted:

Filoni, stop wiretapping my social media accounts I beg of you

I was loving joking about riding in the whale's mouths

Honestly my biggest gripe with the episode was that the map sphere was cut cleanly in half despite being impaled with a plasma blade

Where's the cylindrical hole bored into the cut halves, like a cored apple, or a bagel

He changed it to fine slice setting, duh.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
I loved Anakin's "Is that what this is about?" "Get over it, solider"

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

I still think it's a little extreme to pull the "wish you were dead" and "you are mentally disabled" cards out over that but maybe it's a more loaded term than I realized. Happy to follow the OP's lead and call it kibitzing instead

Take it like the 19 year veteran you are.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

XYZAB posted:

Why the gently caress doesn’t Hera have disgusting gross fangs like Bib Fortuna?

I can only suspend my disbelief so loving far.

That's a male thing, so they can hang on to the lekku during mating.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah the message about fighting rings hollow for me because I can't think of a time when she took it over a more prudent course of action (outside of her early days as an inexperienced Padawan). While you could see that Ahsoka was carrying a lot of emotional weight it didn't feel like she was avoiding life or seeking out death. She'd made connections and friends and it wasn't like she'd set herself on some foolish crusade where her death was her desired outcome. If she was acting like a deathseeker it would have landed a lot better.

It's simple, Anankin gave her a choice. Live and get some enlightenment, or loving die.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

LinkesAuge posted:

Ya, that's also a dimension of recent Star Wars I don't like. More and more movies/shows heavily rely on force powers being a genetic component/inheritable. The original was of course not free from it but at least implied that it was unlikely or if it happened something exceptional, ie that the Skywalker-lineage is "special" because it happened at all (and in isolation you could always interpret the Skywalker-line as the force actively "picking" them, not that it was "inherited" in an actual biological way, they were the literal chosen ones, just like in old fantasy stories where a hero is picked by the gods).
If "the force" could just be inherited you'd expect to see a galaxy dominated by force-lineages and/or force breeding programs and that includes the Jedi because why look for kids with Jedi talents if it's that easy to inherit force abilities.
Besides that you also face the issue of a simple revolutionary question because if force powers are inheritable then why wouldn't the galaxy consist of just force sensitive people? I mean the amount of advantages force powers give you is kinda overwhelming, from an (implied) increased lifespan to physical and mental/psychic powers it has kinda everything.
It would even create a huge ethical dilemma because if force powers could be inherited/gained through genetic means then it would be cruel to only grant a tiny group of people these powers.

It's btw a reason why I hate the baby yoda-cloning plot in the Mandalorian, it's another asinine attempt at trying to treat force powers as a "physical" thing instead of keeping it as a mystical power.
All that achieves is making me questions why noone did that earlier in the Star Wars universe all these tens of thousands of years before.

The Jedi order would have rather taken kids with high abilities than force nepo babies.
Can't fault them for that

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
I needed a short, "I'm sorry, Sidious manipulated me about the order and Padme dying... my bad." "Also Mace Windu was kind of a prick"

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Larryb posted:

She was honestly a better Ahsoka than Rosario in my opinion (though the latter’s fine whenever she drops the stoic act)

You seem to have forgotten what Jedi are like, stoic is their midddle name

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Nah it was a bit lower than that. About all Shin probably hit was the top of the intestines.

Nothing a bacta tank can't fix. Like when Luke got Wampa slapped and frostbite

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
When she's older, she can play Ahsoka in in the missing years series.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

mweber posted:

Somehow all the makeup makes Mary Elizabeth Winstead look like Titus Welliver.

She'll never be that hot.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

ungulateman posted:

Nah, the show just does a really shoddy job of conveying basically anything for a lot of it. Defining Skoll and Hati as 'not jedi' as they reference the opening of episode 1 and then showing a 'jedi' as some lady futzing around in an old tomb doing nothing in particular is a shockingly poor introduction to what's going on, to say nothing of the bizarre thrawn plot concept that kinda just hangs over the show not interacting with the events on screen

it's a bizarre contrast with rebels, which is the other big filoni vehicle with some broad similarities, except that show does a way better job of establishing the characters and their relationship with the empire in the pilot alone

The only difference between this show and Rebels is the actors get paid more and it's longer.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

maybealabia posted:

Don't forget the butts

I hope Ezra has a Nightwing butt and all his scenes are from behind.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Snowmanatee posted:

And Chopper’s sociopathy has been sanded down.

He's Mary Poppins now, he'll get back into war crimes when they have a war to fight

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Larryb posted:

Have they already started production? I would assume Glover’s part of SAG and thus would be involved with the strike

They can film all the stunt capes first

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
Look, just don't jerk off to it, but if you do make it the live action and not the cartoon.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

I did notice the flightsuit looking pretty bad on the old fighter pilot guy when he was walking around in this episode. If he's going to be in everything give him a costume that fits

He doesn't need a gsuit because of inertial dampeners.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

HootTheOwl posted:

Yeah he should go on a diet

He's a space cop, those outer rim doughnuts are probably amazing.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

I do agree that the pilot, and especially the opening scene, just didn't work as an introduction to the show. If they don't come up with a sensical reason to explain why the current whereabouts of a single guy are embedded in a magical rock buried thousands of years ago, it really will destroy the show (for me).

I'm enjoying the series a lot but I can't f'ing stand the mystery box bullshit that has spread like a cancer to a lot of current media.

That intro should have been Doctor Aphra finding it and Ahsoka waiting up top, takes it, then they both get jumped by HK's

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Dr.Radical posted:

God they love goggles so much

They spend so much time on desert planets, it's basically standard issue.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Maxwell Lord posted:

I know this is an episode ago but I just finished it and have to ask why doesn't she just take the sphere and run.

Like when Baylan has Ahsoka at his mercy, fine. Sure. Use it as leverage. But then he tosses her off the cliff! Just go, get off the planet, figure out the sphere on your own like you almost did before it got stolen the first time!

Does she have any reason to think Baylan is the only way to Ezra? Like no, the coordinates are on the thing just take the thing.

I'm getting serious Season 1 of Legends of Tomorrow vibes off of this.

You can't run away from a Jedi, he'd just pick her up like a ragdoll

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Jerusalem posted:

If they tried to make a Jaws sequel today, I bet they'd do something dumb like try to make it in 3d. I hate that fad, I almost wish people had tried to make 3d movies a thing some time in the past so everybody could have realized then it doesn't have any lasting appeal and not bothered to try it again in what is now our present.

But they already did that, and it's glorious

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

HootTheOwl posted:

2015 was a different time

the 1983 Jaws 3-D is way cooler

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Jerusalem posted:

Seems unlikely, how can you explain movie studios trying to make 3d a thing in the 21st Century if they already had a demonstrable example of the failure of the gimmick to click with audiences in the 1980s? I'm fairly certainly studio executives wouldn't be getting as highly paid as they are if they were that incapable of grasping basic common sense! :laugh:

I think the first step is proving that people aren't dumb enough to go see it, but that's scientifically impossible.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Jerusalem posted:

If they wanted to make 3d movies a success they would have made a 3d movie about some kind of escaped wild animal, such as a film about a gorilla at large for instance. If that didn't make 3d movies a success, well then nothing would.

Live action Magilla Gorilla 3D

Starring Jason Momoa as Mr. Peebles.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Spookydonut posted:

could the volume let them do that scene without having to build a section of freeway

Those fake freeway construction workers gotta eat too

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
My only gripe with the whole thing is, no one thought to ask the Purgil for a lift 9 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

zelah posted:

My gripe is every time Ahsoka does her deep breath cool guy crossed arms pose. Quit crossing your arms so much it’s weird

She did it all the way through the clone wars, it's basically her power pose.