Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

galenanorth posted:

It's the Star Trek: Beyond syndrome of a series' ratings being determined by franchise predecessors and franchise fatigue rather than its own quality. I had been thinking about not watching Andor because I was expecting the prequel-of-a-prequel to mean was wrong with Obi-Wan squared.
The name is loving terrible, you don't get watchers if people don't understand what they will see in the show. Say what you want about the Mandalorian or the Book of Bobba Feet: starwars fans hear the name and they know what they will get. Whoever selected the name of this show should be fired before we get a Asoka Tano show named "Fulcrum" or "Snips", a show about Captain Rex named "CT-7567" or " and a Anakin Skywalker show named "WIZARD!*". Was naming this show "Rogue" (0 implied) too loving hard? When i first hear a starwars show was named Andor, my first reaction was "Endor? Is it a show about ewoks ? Because i am not 4?". And it's a loving waste because the show is gooooooood.

*Wizard would have more people watching than Andor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Lobok posted:

Clem Shoots First

Jinnigan posted:

The Last of the Kenari

Jinnigan posted:

Tailor Tinker Star Wars Spy

FlamingLiberal posted:

something simple like Rebellion
All better, even the worst one. Or even just add "Captain" in front of Andor.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Halfway through Andor.

A lot of fun so far, feels like an episodic Rogue One

Really liking it
It's really good and as much i don't like how the overall pacing is so slow, once it's over you are happy it was a slow burn and took the time to breath.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yaddle is a female member of Yoda's species, she's in a bunch of the Jedi Council scenes in the prequel trilogy.
A whole Tale of the Jedis episode is about her death:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ic3kAlh7t0

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Cheesus posted:

I didn't know I needed Grogu in a IG shell, but here we are.
"Think of the toys sell!" and here we are.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Basically The Book of Boba Fett was sold on the idea of Boba becoming the Don Corleone of Tattooine and he instead wound up becoming the Joe Biden of certain neighborhoods of Mos Espa, at best.
"Haaaaaaaaan Solo was a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad duuuuuuuuuuuude."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Hryme posted:

The Acolyte trailer looked good to me. I am always up for watching Carrie Ann Moss be stylish. But I saw it on Youtube and the comments are a complete shitshow. What is up with people nowadays. Always whining about everything.
It's because pointless culture warfare controversies are what generates views and therefore money. It's what's up with people. Just a "WOKE!!!!!!!" in a red font in your video thumbnail and watch your viewership triple. Thank you, social media algorithms.