Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Would Boba Fett's mystique and popularity have survived if this photo had been widely circulated way back when:

:v:
LOL, holy poo poo, now I absolutely want a show where this dude is the main character in Mandalorian armor. In fact, lose the helmet entirely, just have him look like that in battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

This show sucks for a lot of reasons, but one nitpick:
It seems to imply that Reva says she knew Vader was Anakin because she was there when he slaughtered all the younglings.
But... she saw human Anakin do that, then never saw him again, then there's this always-masked Darth Vader guy who comes out. Is it just because she can sense it's him through the force? Do all the inquisitors know it's Anakin?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Well, they’re right. It does look cool
The big problem with giving characters DBZ-level superpowers in the official live-action movies/shows (instead of just videogames or cartoons) is that it breaks immersion when they don't use those same powers again in other situations.
You're telling me Vader can reach out, crash a ship, and rip it open like nothing, but two episodes ago a little bit of fire blocked him from grabbing Obi-Wan when he was being dragged away?

I'm just not a big fan of the power-creep of force telekinesis. It's not canon anymore, but I remember how people were a little annoyed by Starkiller grabbing a whole Star Destroyer in The Force Unleashed.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 16, 2022

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Thundercracker posted:

Holy poo poo was that firefight embarrassing to watch. I can buy individual troopers being caught off guard not being able to hit a single hero, but a full company or whatever pouring it on full auto against rebels standing still in the open and the only shot that hits someone is a trooper getting into melee range. Look, I don't need tacticool poo poo but even the very beginning of New Hope got it right. Just have the rebels be behind cover and the stormtroopers being bad shots but still picking off people here and there through sheer numbers.
Yeah, that was practically GI Joe "no one gets hit in a laser firefight" level ridiculousness. The fact that the scene kept dragging on and we saw dozens of stormtroopers squeeze into that room like the Keystone Cops while the rebels weren't suffering any losses drained all tension. I was trying to understand why it was so bloodless and making up excuses in my head, like "oh, maybe since it's a Disney+ show, we don't want to show too much killing" but this was in an episode where we had literal child murder on-screen!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Nodoze posted:

Why is Bail Organa the dumbest man alive, and Obi Wan the next dumbest man alive. If you think Obi Wan got captured why the hell are you sending him a message with all of the things someone would need to know to about Luke being someone really important, and if you are Obi-Wan how in the hell do you not see that and immediately destroy the communicator with the message or erase it :psyduck:

Bail is supposed to be a founding member of the rebellion and he knows how important the twins are, how could he do something like that and put Luke into that kind of danger. Obi-Wan knows how important Luke is and that he can't let anything happen to him or anyone find out about him. That is just colossally stupid on so many levels by both of them
Oh my God, exactly. During the message scene, I was thinking, "Hmm, he even says how it's important that they kept radio silence, but still blabs about the plan anyway even though it could be intercepted by the empire?" Why didn't he speak in code, saying how he was going to go to "the other planet" to protect "the other one." Nah, he literally says Tatooine, Owen, and other child. And having Kumail drop it like that was such anger-inducing writing.

EDIT: So Reva, even though she was stabbed through the chest/stomach, is going to be healed enough to fly to Tatooine in the next episode? I guess the only thing she could do is drag herself over to the rebel base bacta tank? That's my only possible thought.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 16, 2022

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Cross-Section posted:

I think it may be an intentional choice, given this tweet from the composer a few weeks back:

https://twitter.com/filmmusicholt/status/1531106234685788160?s=20&t=gj8V9IDZ32V_l-3mzgAqBw
Can we at least use the Darth Icky theme? Barring that, I’ll even take Darth Insanius.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

This is a slightly off-topic complaint, but while I still get excited watching the Marvel intro animation, the Star Wars one really hasn't captured that same spark. Case in point: they keep trying to switch up the iconic helmets and droids that the light flashes over and they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. There was a blue metallic sink-looking droid (?) in the last episode's intro and I thought they were trolling by this point. Scrub back to the beginning, you'll see it.

You're telling me this unrecognizable sink is on the level of Darth Vader's helmet?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Again, this is not true. They were introduced in a video game as miniboss enemies for the player to fight, then expanded on in animated shows. You're reaching for connections that aren't there.
I thought they were made for Rebels, the CG show.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

You're discounting everything that doesn't fit your own narrative.
Just as an aside, SMG is a bit of an out-there troll and likes to put forth really outrageous takes, so you don't necessarily need to engage.
Look how many times they insist on referring to Reva as Reza, for instance.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Andor just really ruined other Star Wars for me. There have been so many misses that that trailer just looks like the standard slop they've been serving the past few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Vinylshadow posted:

that...uh...sure is a poster
Yeah, seriously, that's probably the worst poster for anything I've ever seen. Might as well be stock imagery.