Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Problem description: I have had a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 9575 laptop for a few months with a recurring problem. Occasionally I will experience what is best described as a system hangup in nearly any situation. Most commonly if I'm browsing YouTube the page will stop loading mid way for a few seconds. Depending on what part was loading this might require me to restart the browser. If I experience this hangup anywhere else it will equally break it. If I am going between folders in Windows Explorer it will just stop working for a few seconds. If I'm in a video game on rare occasion it will lock up the game completely until I alt-tab a few times. There is only one sign of similarity between all these events, I get a Windows Event log of this:

DllHost (5820,G,98) The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000.

Under Application logs and its only listed as Information. But it correlates exactly to every single time this happens perfectly.

I've looked up this log and found hundreds of complaints this year describing my exact issue. However no where did I find an official response or fix, but it may be out there and I just haven't seen it yet. I haven't even figured out what it even is

Attempted fixes: Reinstall Windows 10, replace NVME SSD, changed from Raid to AHCI

Recent changes: No

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

System specs: Dell XPS 15 2-in1 Model - 9575
Intel Core i5-8305G
8 GB DDR4
Samsung 970 Evo NVME 500 GB

I have Googled and read the FAQ: No (?)

Thanks in advance

edit: I forgot to mention the frequency. No less than once an hour, but sometimes ~roughly~ 10 ten an hour

1gnoirents fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread