Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gallatin
Sep 20, 2004

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'm about half way through and I'm struck by the story that emerges from the mosaic of individual encounters; the escalation from burglary, the numerous near apprehensions, etc. I wasn't expecting so many people to have seen him, chase, nearly catch him. The way the author pieces together a portrait "crowd sourced" from dozens of individual interactions as this ghost winds his way through the lives he destroys.

That really surprised me too.

He was seen by a lot of victims & families before during and after, neighbors, police, etc - I was amazed he was never caught. He literally vanished dozens of times. Even today except in the presence of DNA evidence the various jurisdictions do not agree on which cases are or are not his. It really shows how significant MO is in relation to the current methods of law enforcement investigation and criminalistics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread