Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Let's Play "NRA Gun Club"

Welcome to NRA Gun Club, a mostly unremarkable below-average gallery shooter that tries a bit harder to be good than the average gallery shooter. In spite of the game's apparent controversial name, I will staunchly refuse to mention any recent political news or tragedies, and instead endeavor to discuss such topics as:

-the game mechanics
-the presentation
-human perception
-astro boy
-drama

The game does not have a lot to talk about, but I think it's worth preserving anyway.There will be a lot of off-topic rambling that may make some individuals uncomfortable. Viewer discretion is advised.

Videos

1. Plinking

2. Pensive Pistols

3. Rifles & Robots

4. Shotguns and Social Structure

Final

GamesAreSupernice fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Oct 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011
Ah, another one from the shovelware collection. Reminds me of that program that came out on PSX that you could apparently make your own games with.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Gideon020 posted:

Ah, another one from the shovelware collection. Reminds me of that program that came out on PSX that you could apparently make your own games with.

Net Yaroze?

NRA Gun Club is definitely shovelware in the sense that it's unremarkable and no one really wants to play it.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

3. Rifles & Robots

This time I talk about Astro Boy, pacifism, how videogames handle violence, and things in general that can't adequately be discussed in just six minutes.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It's an interesting subject to me, because Get Even is ostensibly an action game, but with very strong pacifist themes. Certainly the title implies a revenge story, and it is, but it's also a story about how destructive revenge is and that finding a better way forward is generally better for everyone. If you take the pacifist/stealthy route, then (ending spoilers for recent game)Grace's behaviour in the endgame is constructive, benefiting humanity as a whole while also giving Rose her just desserts. Also in the sequence in which her father is out for revenge against the man who he considered to be the reason his family fell apart, Grace is constantly terrified of what he will do. When he pulls the gun, her response is quietly going "Nonononononononono please don't do this..." to herself, helpless to stop her father throwing his life away. Also in the pacifist ending, rather than murdering Black while he is comatose, her father lets him live and sends him back to the hospital although hoping he never wakes up.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

BioEnchanted posted:

It's an interesting subject to me, because Get Even is ostensibly an action game, but with very strong pacifist themes. Certainly the title implies a revenge story, and it is, but it's also a story about how destructive revenge is and that finding a better way forward is generally better for everyone. If you take the pacifist/stealthy route, then (ending spoilers for recent game)Grace's behaviour in the endgame is constructive, benefiting humanity as a whole while also giving Rose her just desserts. Also in the sequence in which her father is out for revenge against the man who he considered to be the reason his family fell apart, Grace is constantly terrified of what he will do. When he pulls the gun, her response is quietly going "Nonononononononono please don't do this..." to herself, helpless to stop her father throwing his life away. Also in the pacifist ending, rather than murdering Black while he is comatose, her father lets him live and sends him back to the hospital although hoping he never wakes up.

There's also "Way of The Passive Fist", which I forgot about, though you still kill dudes in that, they just hit you first.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

4. Shotguns and Social Structure

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Final

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I've watched a few of your LPs and I liked your presentation of those games, even some of the awful ones. This game however was really boring to look at and has nothing appealing about it, but regardless I did enjoy your stream of consciousness. I too am a very neutral person and often ignorant of a lot of people's perspectives; I try to be understanding of both sides of an argument, sometimes to my detriment. I am sorry to hear that you had trouble on these forums and was shocked when you said you were banned, but I'm glad it was just probation and you were not actually banned. Getting a probation is annoying, but it's definitely preferable to being banned.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Mraagvpeine posted:

I've watched a few of your LPs and I liked your presentation of those games, even some of the awful ones. This game however was really boring to look at and has nothing appealing about it, but regardless I did enjoy your stream of consciousness. I too am a very neutral person and often ignorant of a lot of people's perspectives; I try to be understanding of both sides of an argument, sometimes to my detriment. I am sorry to hear that you had trouble on these forums and was shocked when you said you were banned, but I'm glad it was just probation and you were not actually banned. Getting a probation is annoying, but it's definitely preferable to being banned.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Hey, you always seemed like a really sweet person, so I'm glad I was right. Thanks for the kind words, they mean a lot.

• Locked thread