Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Crazycryodude posted:

Have we invented the atomic bomb yet? If not, use whatever the closest thing is.

The closest thing to an atomic bomb is probably like a circuit board or a wrench

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Venom Snake posted:

Last night the goblins that we have been sending out raids against decided to send another army to wipe us out. We successfully repelled the attack but lost half of our marksdwarves after our forward bunkers were overrun. Here's a list of the dead and some pictures of the carnage.

What shall be our response to these green-skinned filth?

Launch the crusade!

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

peaceful coexistence, sign treaty of mutual enrichment

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Crazycryodude posted:

Have we invented the atomic bomb yet? If not, use whatever the closest thing is.

the closest thing is a trapped cavern with pillars rigged to deconstruct on a lever
pretty sure that still instantly kills everything

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Crazycryodude posted:

RAISE THE BRIDGE

BoneDaddy1969
Mar 4, 2018

Time to break out the 'ol "pool of sharks" technique

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Can I still get a dwarf? T-man is a anarca-feminist CERF: Cis Exclusionary Radical Feminist. She likes cats.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crazycryodude posted:

We are almost ready to start building steam engines, which will be able to replace our waterwheels. Will make pumping liquids around much much easier. That's as far as we are on the technology front.

T-man posted:

Can I still get a dwarf? T-man is a anarca-feminist CERF: Cis Exclusionary Radical Feminist. She likes cats.

Added your name to the dwarf who adopted our forts giant cougars :3:

Epic High Five posted:

The closest thing to an atomic bomb is probably like a circuit board or a wrench

:thunk:

edit: you just killed two people

Venom Snake has issued a correction as of 05:58 on Oct 23, 2018

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Venom Snake posted:

Last night the goblins that we have been sending out raids against decided to send another army to wipe us out. We successfully repelled the attack but lost half of our marksdwarves after our forward bunkers were overrun. Here's a list of the dead and some pictures of the carnage.

I'm just glad I died doing something interesting.

reincarnate me as an ultra zionist

BoneDaddy1969
Mar 4, 2018

Venom Snake posted:

We are almost ready to start building steam engines, which will be able to replace our waterwheels. Will make pumping liquids around much much easier. That's as far as we are on the technology front.

Can you generate steam hot enough to boil goblins alive? If so do that in place of atomic power, it's what dwarf Posadas would want.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
as a moderate republican I thirst for blood

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

stress spiral is how i lost like 12 dwarves including my king last fortress i played. stress spiral and werehedgehog virus.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Has my Goldblumist achieved any other great works or losses in the dorf world?

Hoping that binding a book better than anyone has gotten him laid, big-time.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Is there a Nazbol in the fortress yet?

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Venom Snake posted:

A Clinton supporter killing a Gamergater and an Ancap is the most useful thing any of them have ever done.

Also, what's my dwarf like?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

Look, I tried to take the higher ground, but they wouldn't stop trying to argue by recommending 3 hour YouTube videos

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Not a jury in the world would convict me

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I'm just glad I died doing something interesting.

reincarnate me as an ultra zionist

Done

Epic High Five posted:

Not a jury in the world would convict me

You tried to kill one of our most valuable metal smiths, and the jury chose to move forward with the trial

armok bless

Bullfrog posted:

stress spiral is how i lost like 12 dwarves including my king last fortress i played. stress spiral and werehedgehog virus.

Yeah it sucks because some dwarves are permanently unhappy because of missing friends/family who are dead or live elsewear

Jeff Goldblum posted:

Has my Goldblumist achieved any other great works or losses in the dorf world?

Hoping that binding a book better than anyone has gotten him laid, big-time.

You recently got a husband and some pet cats

Grevling posted:

Is there a Nazbol in the fortress yet?

We have 1 or 2 but they died

UrbicaMortis posted:

A Clinton supporter killing a Gamergater and an Ancap is the most useful thing any of them have ever done.

Also, what's my dwarf like?

edit: loving lmao i just noticed who the hammerlord was named

Venom Snake has issued a correction as of 16:21 on Oct 23, 2018

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I must protest this pro-living agenda that is continually imposed from above down

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

Done

You tried to kill one of our most valuable metal smiths, and the jury chose to move forward with the trial

armok bless

Yeah it sucks because some dwarves are permanently unhappy because of missing friends/family who are dead or live elsewear

You recently got a husband and some pet cats

We have 1 or 2 but they died

awww man, well we know this run is in the better timeline at least

next time around can I be a Marxist-Grittyist?

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Can I get a Left Market Vegan Anarchist?

Grevling has issued a correction as of 17:55 on Oct 23, 2018

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Venom Snake posted:

"Epic High Five" indeed

Arioch
Oct 6, 2018
Hey, could you build a tomb for my dwarf, and seal a few of the less useful citizens, or maybe some captive elves or goblins, in with him when he dies, so that they might serve him in the afterlife?

Also, could we make a sacrifice or two at the temple, to grant us the favor of the gods in our crusade against the greenskin menace?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Arioch posted:

Hey, could you build a tomb for my dwarf, and seal a few of the less useful citizens, or maybe some captive elves or goblins, in with him when he dies, so that they might serve him in the afterlife?

Also, could we make a sacrifice or two at the temple, to grant us the favor of the gods in our crusade against the greenskin menace?

this, but toss their dwarf in the lava when nobody is looking

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Venom Snake posted:

fuckin owned by the market

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

fuckin owned by the market

The administrator punches the stoneworker in the head with her invisible hand of the free market, bruising the muscle and bruising the skull through the (libertarian tinfoil hat)!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

So my dorf is like a GOOD READER GOOD STUDENT english major does any of that have any actual use in DF or

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ramc posted:

So my dorf is like a GOOD READER GOOD STUDENT english major does any of that have any actual use in DF or

It does! There are libraries and whatnot although afaik the only useful skills that will actually train are the medical ones which isn't useless but obv not fully implemented. Student already affected learning from demonstrations during combat training.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

this historic clash has caused my spirit to enter the reincarnation cycle. please rebirth me as a radical antipaternalist

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sorry for the lack of updates, life being lovely as usual

Epic High Five posted:

awww man, well we know this run is in the better timeline at least

next time around can I be a Marxist-Grittyist?

Done.

Grevling posted:

Can I get a Left Market Vegan Anarchist?

Done

Ramc posted:

Unfortunately your dwarf isn't doing much because our wood industry isn't very valuable right now, I could always draft him but he's terrified of combat/confrontation.

World War Mammories posted:

this historic clash has caused my spirit to enter the reincarnation cycle. please rebirth me as a radical antipaternalist

done

I'm sending out some raiding parties against the goblin darkpits themselves, time to strike back against our degenerate greenskinned enemies.

EDIT: Killed by forgotten beast

Venom Snake has issued a correction as of 06:45 on Oct 25, 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please dwarf me as a self-hating dwarf who truly believes their cat is their rightful master, all glory to the cat who has adopted my dwarf

ps also make sure a cat adopts my dwarf

we must make yarn production a priority

you must construct additional yarn

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

need an update wrt the presence or lack thereof, of weird beastfolk or monster people who might become squizzle ii

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squizzle posted:

need an update wrt the presence or lack thereof, of weird beastfolk or monster people who might become squizzle ii

I could make you an elf. We had a ratwoman but she died of old age. Maybe we will end up rescuing a beast person from the goblin pits?

EDIT: NEVERMIND THE PREVIOUS EDITS MY GAME CRASHED AND I LOST ALL THAT

Venom Snake has issued a correction as of 16:49 on Oct 25, 2018

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
How long do you think my dwarf has before he dies of old age if he hasn't already?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can I be re-dwarfed as a Marxist-Grittyist also please?

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

What's the status on my dwarf?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Socks4Hands posted:

How long do you think my dwarf has before he dies of old age if he hasn't already?

He's 136, which is pretty middle aged for a dwarf. Most can live to be 200+

Moridin920 posted:

Can I be re-dwarfed as a Marxist-Grittyist also please?

Done

Quantumfate posted:

What's the status on my dwarf?

Is yours the Buddhist fundamentalist? I think he's taken to being mostly irrelevent p well

In other news....

I tried raiding a dark fortress, it turns out that the listed population does not count trolls because they are considered pets. And uh the fortress is ruled by a demon shaped like a Cardinal.

Props to our militia for facing down literal thousands of trolls and only losing 1 guy

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Venom Snake posted:

Props to our militia for facing down literal thousands of trolls and only losing 1 guy

-HRC, referring to Seth Rich

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Venom Snake posted:

I tried raiding a dark fortress, it turns out that the listed population does not count trolls because they are considered pets. And uh the fortress is ruled by a demon shaped like a Cardinal.

I'm glad the worker militia is on the job of rooting out reactionaries wherever they're found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Will my dwarf ever have a chance to become a legendary butcher?

• Locked thread