Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Can we get a full printout of the roster please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
How many heretics has my dorf slain?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I am still alive?

What a disappointment.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
can we get some shots of the fort? whats the current state of the war dog mill?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Socks4Hands posted:

Will my dwarf ever have a chance to become a legendary butcher?

He already is one!

Bert Roberge posted:

Can we get a full printout of the roster please?

Azuth0667 posted:

How many heretics has my dorf slain?

Siljmonster posted:

can we get some shots of the fort? whats the current state of the war dog mill?

We aren't breeding dogs for war, because we are currently breeding giant grizzly bears and giant leopards for war. :3:

Also I might mod it so I can make the other giant creatures nobody wants as pets into war animals. Like our giant bluejays.

Here are some shots:

-Thunderdome after a battle

-Some Temples to the gods

-All three of our libraries

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

what's my newly reborn Marxist-Grittyist up to? throwing D cells at forgotten beasts?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How do you tame and breed giant animals? Buy them from elves?

cant remember if everything can be trained or you have to mod it

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
oh poo poo i'm an elite marksdwarf, sweet

dox me please

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Sweet, my dwarf is now capable of doing insane anime moves while butchering animals. I, and my dwarf, are deeply satisfied.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Do all the weird scientist professions actually contribute anything? haven't played since that was added

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Strange mood, in deed.

e: threshing the need for praxis here

VVVV this guy gets it

Shageletic has issued a correction as of 23:13 on Oct 29, 2018

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
I love that I have one of the longest-surviving dorfs and I'm still not entirely sure what they do because every time I see them they're reading and communing with deities and poo poo and not doing anything obviously useful

has my dorf ever slain anything?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I want to see if my dwarf has slain more than 100 things at this point.

BoneDaddy1969
Mar 4, 2018

Nice, punching out elves and goblins wasn't enough, now I get to be an administrator

Uuuh, what exactly am I overseeing though?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shageletic posted:

I am still alive?

What a disappointment.

Well uhm

I forgot to leave rough gems in stock so your dwarf went berserk when his artifact creation attempt failed

Luckily the first dwarf he came across was a legendary miner, and since mining trains strength and pick axe attack...

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Siljmonster posted:

How do you tame and breed giant animals? Buy them from elves?

cant remember if everything can be trained or you have to mod it

Yeah you can buy them from elves. The animals they have depends on the biome/savagery of where they live. And not everything can be trained, but it's p easy to go into the raws and edit in [TRAINABLE]. It's not really cheating in my opinion because what is trainable and what isn't is fairly arbitrary.

the bitcoin of weed posted:

Do all the weird scientist professions actually contribute anything? haven't played since that was added

They can write books which can end up being extremely valuable. But other than that they just hang out discussing/reading/getting into arguments. One of our dwarves got so angry at the book he was reading he threw it so hard it sliced off the head of the dwarf next to him.

In adventure mode you can visit your old fort to read books/learn things you need for quests.

BoneDaddy1969 posted:

Nice, punching out elves and goblins wasn't enough, now I get to be an administrator

Uuuh, what exactly am I overseeing though?

When a militia dwarf is taken out of the militia because something administration related is their highest skill thats the labor "title" they typically end up getting. I take dwarves out of the militia whenever they get stressed enough because if a dwarf (who happens to be a legendary weapon user) goes berserk in full armor it can uh, end poorly. It's already a pain enough when they go berserk without armor, because their punches can explode skulls.

VROOM VROOM posted:

I love that I have one of the longest-surviving dorfs and I'm still not entirely sure what they do because every time I see them they're reading and communing with deities and poo poo and not doing anything obviously useful

has my dorf ever slain anything?

Ill check when I get home, but worshipping/reading/socializing is what dwarves do when they don't have a job they should otherwise be doing. If your dwarf is only rarely ever needed to do their job they will just spend most of their time doing those aforementioned things. This can lead to !!FUN!! when you need a job done and every single dwarf with that labor is busy attending a poetry slam.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo please dwarf me as a cat-worshiping Feline Supremacist, ban the export of yarn and wool, and mandate the production of yarn and wool socks, because cats love comfy socks and balls of yarn to play with, thanks and g*d bless.

e: also make sure my dwarf has been adopted by a cat

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

redwarf me as a Bob Dole Supporter

it's his turn to win, dammit

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Epic High Five posted:

what's my newly reborn Marxist-Grittyist up to? throwing D cells at forgotten beasts?

Having stress problems like your last dwarf

Atrocious Joe posted:

I want to see if my dwarf has slain more than 100 things at this point.

Currently tally for you is at 40

redneck nazgul posted:

redwarf me as a Bob Dole Supporter

it's his turn to win, dammit

Done

Addamere posted:

Yo please dwarf me as a cat-worshiping Feline Supremacist, ban the export of yarn and wool, and mandate the production of yarn and wool socks, because cats love comfy socks and balls of yarn to play with, thanks and g*d bless.

e: also make sure my dwarf has been adopted by a cat

Done

In other news...

I'm thinking about conquering some of the nearby goblin occupied settlements, only issue is when you conquer a site your militia squad stays on site as it's new government buuut I don't want to waste our legendary adamantine warriors. So we are going to whittle the opposition down to nothing then send in the flunky squads to capture the towns

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
redwarf me as a Fourth Wave Feminist

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

meditate on metals! particularly pure strain gold!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

we need to purge the nerds imo

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Ron Jeremy posted:

meditate on metals! particularly pure strain gold!

:wrong:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Put me back in as a syndexioi (Mithraic cult inductee)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Did...did I at least start the revolution?

e: my death will be rewritten by the capitalist pigs that run this productive sty no doubt

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

dox my dwarf please. I want to know how well he's upholding the virtues of no, gently caress YOU, dad radical antipaternalism

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lastgirl posted:

redwarf me as a Fourth Wave Feminist

Done

Agean90 posted:

we need to purge the nerds imo

Speaking of nerds...

We had an invasion

of goblin affiliated dwarves

Then we conquered an enemy forest retreat then beheaded it's leader

Then took over another

And apparently our strength/economic might is so well recognized people are choosing to settle near us

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Put me back in as a syndexioi (Mithraic cult inductee)

Done

Shageletic posted:

Did...did I at least start the revolution?

e: my death will be rewritten by the capitalist pigs that run this productive sty no doubt

I assume a crafter will make a statue of you being killed/freaking out at some point

World War Mammories posted:

dox my dwarf please. I want to know how well he's upholding the virtues of no, gently caress YOU, dad radical antipaternalism

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

h*ck yes breed up and mount up some war bluejays

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
this loving game

i asked for a statue of an event and this is what i got

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

this loving game

more proof that it's in the better timeline

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Venom Snake posted:

this loving game

whos the cartoonist who puts a shoe in every work because thats what this is

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Venom Snake posted:

this loving game

:eyepop:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Siljmonster posted:

whos the cartoonist who puts a shoe in every work because thats what this is

Garrison and lmao

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lastgirl made an artifact

and Socks4Hands died after falling into the magma pit he was channeling

edit: oh yeah btw we have a magma pumping system now

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Venom Snake posted:

this loving game

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Behold, the Mighty Face of Slaughter.

An ode to what could have been, in other worlds.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

this loving game

lol the centrist gets commerated

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Venom Snake posted:

Lastgirl made an artifact

and Socks4Hands died after falling into the magma pit he was channeling

edit: oh yeah btw we have a magma pumping system now

This is a most fitting death, and a valuable sacrifice for my ideology. After a long life of butchering, bone carving, and mining, I have given my all in pursuit of the ultimate goal of ecodestructional accelerationism: magma floods.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

edit the army of giant war-jays are doing p well

Venom Snake has issued a correction as of 17:38 on Nov 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

edit the army of giant war-jays are doing p well

war-jays fuckin own

could we get a state of the fort summary?? ive kinda lost the big pic view amongst all the one-dwarf and event based updates. is the fort flourishing?? whats the political situation in the fort, and the larger political context??? whats the environment around us like???? how much of the world, and the supernatural world,have our intrepid dwarves explored??? and like, what sorta cultural poo poo is going down???? are our people at war w anyone or just periodic conflict flareups??

honestly anything you feel like mentioning that seems fun or interesting. like just imagining a leftist magmatech fortress built into a mountain w giant battle bluejay husbandry was rad enough to make me wonder what the overall state of things might be

• Locked thread