Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Well.....that sure was something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

In previous years the Colts looked lifeless and lost against the Pats. I liked that they managed to stay feisty, even though the entire defense is hurt and the receivers dropped loving everything. Good sign going forward.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Maybe Ballard will sign Rishard Matthews tomorrow

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pats offense looked quite a bit more consistent and thoroughly overmatched a very decimated defense.

A couple of turnovers ended what were otherwise productive drives, but whatever, both defenses did well at that whole creating turnovers thing.

Colts are just an injured pile and people should stop worrying about Luck. Luck is fine, Luck having a better surrounding cast then the Bills would suddenly elevate him in a hilarious way.

Either way, thursday night football, not gonna take much from it, hooray for mini-byes.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/TheBenSwain/status/1048050395841540102

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I was hoping to see more Josh Gordon but he got a TD so that was fun :buddy:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The whole sequence that took it from 24-17 to 38-17 was so Patriots.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Kinda interested in week 6 matchup between NE & KC. This week’s KC/JAX game gonna be fun too.
watch it be a 6-12 game

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I have no faith in the Pats D, but I believe the offense is back to being able to compete in shootouts after several weeks of looking ehhhhhhh

nah
Mar 16, 2009

the patriots score 38 points every game

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/pftcommenter/status/1048051303950237696?s=21

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I love these Aftermath threads after the Thursday games. All we can talk about is that one bad Thursday night game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Slowpoke! posted:

I love these Aftermath threads after the Thursday games. All we can talk about is that one bad Thursday night game.

it was.... it was slightly better then expected!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
There have been 2 bad Thursday games outta 5.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

it was.... it was slightly better then expected!

The only things that kept it a game was the two fluke tipped interceptions. Otherwise it was on track to be a 52-whatever lolocaust right out of 2007.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

pubic works project posted:

Maybe Ballard will sign Rishard Matthews tomorrow

I didn't watch the game but just based on Box Score you need more than just a receiver. It's incredibly dumb that Luck had 59 (fifty-nine) pass attempts.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Well we also need two tackles but so does the rest of the league. We have our second round pick RG rotating in at RT, and our injured RDPOY contender had to dress out because we literally couldn't declare any more inactive players. We are incredibly thin.

Right now, I would say that our biggest needs are:
T (both sides, though Costonzo is serviceable if his hamstring ever returns)
WR (Even TY has been having trouble getting separation, though I haven't watched all-22 on any game yet to see if this is just play design)
DE (Tampa 2 needs to generate 4 man pressure. Eberflaus has been trying to do this by stunting all DL hard, so I don't know if he would even want a current edge rusher ala Chubb)
DB (just take a gander at the Gordon touchdown for a glance at our DB depth)

Nov 6, 2002

Did the Colts even get one genuine stop that didn't involve a poor pass, bad drop or tipped interception?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Did the Colts even get one genuine stop that didn't involve a poor pass, bad drop or tipped interception?

I think they got a couple. Which is incredible for how hurt the defense is.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

I didn't watch the game but just based on Box Score you need more than just a receiver. It's incredibly dumb that Luck had 59 (fifty-nine) pass attempts.

Well we need Tackle help, but the main part is we need receivers that can catch the loving ball.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Just hold the receivers it’s v easy

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Just hold the receivers it’s v easy

Alternatively the receivers need to hold.. on to the drat ball

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Eric Ebron....good?

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

There have been 2 bad Thursday games outta 5.

The match ups are actually decent this year. They even made a commercial about it and joked about how they are actually good this year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Slowpoke! posted:

The match ups are actually decent this year. They even made a commercial about it and joked about how they are actually good this year.
Yet they scheduled a Jaguars-Titans game on a Thursday. Again.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yet they scheduled a Jaguars-Titans game on a Thursday. Again.

Yeah why would they put two payoff teams in a primetime slot

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Eric Ebron....good?

He good.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The good news for Colts fans is Luck really did look rather good last night.
Their Oline actually bothered to play too.

Colts defense is going to be terrible unless they can get healthier.

The Patriots were unfortunately the Patriots.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

a neat cape posted:

I would rather watch Bortles clownball against a bad defense again then watch a 9-6 Titans Jags game tbh

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

I would rather watch Bortles clownball against a bad defense again then watch a 9-6 Titans Jags game tbh

A good defensive battle is fun to watch what the hell

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hizawk posted:

He good.
Wasnt he terrible on the Lions?

DariusLikewise posted:

This reminds me that I hope we dont get Bad Blake this Sunday against the Chiefs defense.

a neat cape posted:

This means nothing to me when the Jaguars get only one other Primetime game after being 14 minutes from the Super Bowl last year after beating the Steelers twice in Pittsburgh when poo poo teams like the 49ers get FIVE.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 5, 2018

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I don't think he was terrible, but he did have a drop problem and because he was a very high pick Detroit fans were disappointed in him. I think he's a fine tight end but nothing special.

This means nothing to me when the Jaguars get only one other Primetime game after being 14 minutes from the Super Bowl last year after beating the Steelers twice in Pittsburgh when poo poo teams like the 49ers get FIVE.

They also take into account markets and fan bases, as well as other random factors like whether the QB is an angel with a beautiful face (Jimmy) or a guy with a weird name and a face that looks like a butt (Bortles)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
The thing about Ebron on the Lions is that he was never a bad player, and was oftentimes a very good one, but he struggled with a ton of drops (Especially in his first few seasons), was never a huge contributor to the passing game, and wasn't great at blocking which is what the Lions really needed from the position.

e: And yeah, him getting picked at 10 was always an albatross around his neck, since no matter how well he did he was never going to shake the people saying we should have drafted Aaron Donald instead. this includes myself

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

sean10mm posted:

The only things that kept it a game was the two fluke tipped interceptions. Otherwise it was on track to be a 52-whatever lolocaust right out of 2007.

Wait are we pretending there weren't two equally flukey turnovers the other direction that blew the game open from 24-17 to 38-17? The Colts are definitely garbage but I wasn't super impressed by the Patriots either despite scoring 38.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Jivesauce posted:

Wait are we pretending there weren't two equally flukey turnovers the other direction that blew the game open from 24-17 to 38-17? The Colts are definitely garbage but I wasn't super impressed by the Patriots either despite scoring 38.

Yeah I was gonna mention this, there were actually two turnovers by both teams on accurate passes being tipped or stolen. Apparently Tom got lucky and they called one of them a fumble but in terms of unlucky turnovers it seemed pretty much equal.

That being said the Patriots really weren't having much trouble moving the ball at all and to me the game didn't seem close in terms of performance. I can't wait for the Pats to play some actually good teams (assuming they ever do, one of the easiest schedules in the league yet again) to see how they look. With a decimated Colts secondary and absolutely no ability to get pressure on Brady the result here was never in doubt.

Nov 6, 2002

Jivesauce posted:

Flukey? One was a terrible decision that was easily intercepted and the other was a strip.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Flukey? One was a terrible decision that was easily intercepted and the other was a strip.

There were 3 I think. The one with pressure in his face that... Chung? got, the strip and the one where the receiver ended up knocking it back into the air that the rookie got near the end of the game.

That last one was super fluky at least

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

There were 3 turnovers total, friend. The first one was a normal interception. Idk, I thought the strip was a pretty stupid rookie play that shouldn't have happened, but I guess not really flukey. The last interception was a bizarre fingertip fling directly into the hands of the defender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Wilkins fumble and Pascal strip were regressing to the mean after the Edelman and Gronk fumbles. The first Luck interception was a bad decision/throw. He had another few throws that should have been picks tbh.

Game was closer than it felt. Luck for the most part has been making great throws that are taking advantage of receivers that can only get separation on comeback routes and their derivatives.

Somewhat related note: does anyone know of any free tools that make diagramming plays easy online? I want to confirm a few suspicions, and I would rather not do everything by hand.

• Locked thread