Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

When is the last time the Browns were at least .500 after Week 5? It has to have been a while.

Anyway, the Lions win was predicated on the Packers melting down to a spectacular degree, but it was a win! Probably the most promising sign was that the Lions were actually able to take advantage of the short fields the defense and Crosby's Worst Day Ever gave them, scoring 14 points off GB ST fuckups and another 10 off turnovers. They certainly could have done more—far more—to put the game in the bag earlier, but ultimately they came away with the victory at home and that's what counts.

Now please be okay Agnew and Johnson :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Ravens are a marginal wildcard team. Can't win division now. Browns are better than us. We will be 3rd.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i didnt see the int at the goal line but i didnt really see any bad misses or even bad throws from flacco today, people have to be open to throw to, or catch the ball when they get hit in stride. my boy is perfect and i wont accept slander

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Acebuckeye13 posted:

When is the last time the Browns were at least .500 after Week 5? It has to have been a while.

Anyway, the Lions win was predicated on the Packers melting down to a spectacular degree, but it was a win! Probably the most promising sign was that the Lions were actually able to take advantage of the short fields the defense and Crosby's Worst Day Ever gave them, scoring 14 points off GB ST fuckups and another 10 off turnovers. They certainly could have done more—far more—to put the game in the bag earlier, but ultimately they came away with the victory at home and that's what counts.

Now please be okay Agnew and Johnson :ohdear:

2014. That was a good team and 2 dramatic roster blow ups later we're finally solid again.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Acebuckeye13 posted:

2014, way sooner then I would've guessed.

They were of course very Browsy that year by opening up 7-4 then losing their final 5 games.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Browns have had 3 OT games already...

And havnt lost by more than 3 points so far.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

i didnt see the int at the goal line but i didnt really see any bad misses or even bad throws from flacco today, people have to be open to throw to, or catch the ball when they get hit in stride. my boy is perfect and i wont accept slander

Basically was a tipped ball on a ball that shouldn't have been thrown on a play that shouldn't have been called. Should have just tried to pound it in and if not kick the FG. Would have won the game likely.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

CyberPingu posted:

IMO they are an above average team. At least equal to, probably better than the Ravens.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

close losses/wins are generally less predictive than big wins, and since every win the ravens have is Bigly thanks to john harbaugh they are,a ctually, the most successful

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

CyberPingu posted:

They would be 5-0 if they had a good kicker and all else was the same.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
lol GB had nearly double the yards that Detroit did (521 to 264)

Detroit probably shouldn't have won that game but gently caress it, go Lions

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

What happened to the TEs this week? I know hurst was back. But felt liek their role was diminished.

I have a feeling Cleveland will sweep us.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

C-Euro posted:

lol GB had nearly double the yards that Detroit did (521 to 264)

Detroit probably shouldn't have won that game but gently caress it, go Lions

Not as many yards to get when you keep starting with a short field. :smug:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

What the gently caress happened. I had a dream that my kids stepped on the remote right before the Gano kick and when I panic turned back if was good.

I'm dreaming and the Panthers didn't win on a 63 yard field goal did they?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

imagine if the browns didn't have a garbage coach

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AFC WC Teams: Browns and Chargers. Ravens will miss the playoffs. Loss at LA probable.

Next week against Titans becomes must-win.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 7, 2018

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Fat Jesus posted:

imagine if the browns didn't have a garbage coach

Camera pans to Todd Haley rubbing his hands together

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

AFC WC Teams: Browns and Chargers. Ravens will miss the playoffs. Loss at LA probable.

have you ever considered making a book with all your predictions over the years and then putting up the actual result and proving that you are the greatest football oddsmaker who ever lived

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

waah posted:

What the gently caress happened. I had a dream that my kids stepped on the remote right before the Gano kick and when I panic turned back if was good.

I'm dreaming and the Panthers didn't win on a 63 yard field goal did they?

that shiftless Scot is good at kicking the football

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Browns are ridiculous. It takes an amazing amount of effort just to get it to a tie down to the wire. Maybe next year we will be a professional team and play normally to the end versus grinding it out.

My secret hope was getting a tie but I'll take the win. Miserable win but glad we won. It was ugly, we need a kicker. It shouldn't have gone into overtime. We should be like 4-0-1 or something.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kawalimus posted:

What happened to the TEs this week? I know hurst was back. But felt liek their role was diminished.

I have a feeling Cleveland will sweep us.

I expected both your TE's to get 100 yards a piece. We cannot loving cover a TE at all.

Also thanks for ignoring the kicker situation in preseason Dorsey! Gotta go with more trash.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
In fairness a whole lotta teams are gonna be needing new kickers after this week...

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I expected both your TE's to get 100 yards a piece. We cannot loving cover a TE at all.

Also thanks for ignoring the kicker situation in preseason Dorsey! Gotta go with more trash.

We had our injured 1st round pick come back in this game, maybe he was really rusty and lovely? Usually we are hell bent on every TE on the roster getting like a couple catches each but it seemed like today we ignored that phase of the game. Maybe should've tried to use them instead of Jackson gimmick plays, especially the one in overtime.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if the Ravens lose against the titans, their record will be 3-3. their next game after that is against the Saints. if they win that game, they'll have 4 wins and three losses. you roll that right into the following game against the panthers Where if they win they'd be at Five wins and 3 losses. suddenly they face the steelers one more time and coming out with a victory there leaves them with Three losses and 6 wins. the very next game is divisional as well against the bengals, in which they'll be looking to enact a measure of revenge and become one of the few teams with as many as 7 wins and 3 Losses. the following game against the raiders Could leave them eight and three in terms of wins And losses, and then there is a game against the falcons after that. One of the big things coming away from that game is that baltimore could have nine wins as opposed to 3 losses. finally, in the 13th game of the season, they play the kc Chiefs who may win but may lose resulting in ten wins for the Ravens and three losses for The ravens. in the first encore, the Ravens face off against tampa bay, famous for winning the super bowl. if they grind out the victory in this one, that's 11 wins in comparison to the losing game total of three. the second encore sees the chargers come to town, their own town that is, and play football against The baltimore. you are either looking at eleven wins and four losses, or 12 wins and three losses. let's say twelve wins and 3 losses on that one. the third and final encore will be a big rematch against The Browns. at the end of the year, but not the playoffs year, which starts the following year in real life, the ravens are looking at 13 wins and 3 losses here in this hypothetical situation. so the big takeaway here is that they might miss the playoffs or make the playofs.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/iMARKINGHAM/status/1049021766482288640

this was called defenseless receiver lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Disgusting act. Good call refs. Good call.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I will donate $100 to your favorite charity if the loving Browns make the playoffs. :toxx:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

if the Ravens lose against the titans, their record will be 3-3. their next game after that is against the Saints. if they win that game, they'll have 4 wins and three losses. you roll that right into the following game against the panthers Where if they win they'd be at Five wins and 3 losses. suddenly they face the steelers one more time and coming out with a victory there leaves them with Three losses and 6 wins. the very next game is divisional as well against the bengals, in which they'll be looking to enact a measure of revenge and become one of the few teams with as many as 7 wins and 3 Losses. the following game against the raiders Could leave them eight and three in terms of wins And losses, and then there is a game against the falcons after that. One of the big things coming away from that game is that baltimore could have nine wins as opposed to 3 losses. finally, in the 13th game of the season, they play the kc Chiefs who may win but may lose resulting in ten wins for the Ravens and three losses for The ravens. in the first encore, the Ravens face off against tampa bay, famous for winning the super bowl. if they grind out the victory in this one, that's 11 wins in comparison to the losing game total of three. the second encore sees the chargers come to town, their own town that is, and play football against The baltimore. you are either looking at eleven wins and four losses, or 12 wins and three losses. let's say twelve wins and 3 losses on that one. the third and final encore will be a big rematch against The Browns. at the end of the year, but not the playoffs year, which starts the following year in real life, the ravens are looking at 13 wins and 3 losses here in this hypothetical situation. so the big takeaway here is that they might miss the playoffs or make the playofs.

This is silly. But the Ravens are a good, not great team. But we're not good enough to be assured a win against an equal or lesser team. We're not on that level. So losing a game like this that we should have won really hurt. We don't have losses to give now like we would have if we had beaten the Browns.

Right now I'd say our absolute best case is an 11-5 finish. Which will not likely win us the division. More likely is like 9-7. Chiefs you have to think are a sure loss. Chargers probable loss. I think it's very likely we lose one of the home divisional games, likely Cincinnati. But I think we could even lose to Cleveland twice. I'll say we beat the Saints. But I think we lose to the Falcons in Atlanta. So from two losses now, we lose to Titans, Bengals, Falcons, Chargers, Chiefs. That puts us at 9-7.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Browns currently have the 8th best record in the conference and probably are an obvious choice to improve week to week. I don't think its that weird.

Reminder that the Browns got 100% hosed last week out of being 3-1-1

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

adaz posted:

I will donate $100 to your favorite charity if the loving Browns make the playoffs. :toxx:

They're not even far from being like 5-0. lovely overturn last week, missed FGs in older weeks. They are pretty good. If they beat the Chargers next week I think they have a great chance.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Browns currently have the 8th best record in the conference and probably are an obvious choice to improve week to week. I don't think its that weird.

Reminder that the Browns got 100% hosed last week out of being 3-1-1

I'm sorry but that coaching staff is atrocious

Kawalimus posted:

They're not even far from being like 5-0. lovely overturn last week, missed FGs in older weeks. They are pretty good. If they beat the Chargers next week I think they have a great chance.

Yes. This is what make them the browns. They also 'should' have been 4-12 last year instead they lost all 16 games. Bad teams going to be bad Kawalimus.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the browns would be significantly better if they didn't have hue jackson holding them back

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

adaz posted:

Yes. This is what make them the browns. They also 'should' have been 4-12 last year instead they lost all 16 games. Bad teams going to be bad Kawalimus.

Donate to Cornell Lab of Ornithology if you are incorrect.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

adaz posted:

Greg Williams is good everyone else sucks.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Also they're not bad. They shut down our passing offense today despite it having been pretty good so far this year. Just because they were historically bad last year doesn't mean they have to be again this year. They got some key pieces.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Cavauro posted:

This is a good point. But they need to score a touchdown on this drive. That would be BIG here.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

corn on the cop posted:

MCCAFFREY WAS SHORT OF THE MARKER WHAT THE gently caress

Apparently the network's yellow line was quite inaccurate

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

:lol: will do kawalimus

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Greg Williams is good everyone else sucks.

This is a stunning take. Here are Gregg Williams Defenses by DVOA.

pre:
2008 -  24
2009 -  17
2010 -  10
2011 -  28
2012 -  7
2013 -  22
2014 -  9
2015 -  7
2016 -  15
2017 -  16
I mean

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

adaz posted:

:lol: will do kawalimus

This is a stunning take. Here are Gregg Williams Defenses by DVOA.

pre:
2008 -  24
2009 -  17
2010 -  10
2011 -  28
2012 -  7
2013 -  22
2014 -  9
2015 -  7
2016 -  15
2017 -  16
I mean

Anything that says Ray Horton was good is immediately invalid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ray Horton is good

• Locked thread