Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Metapod posted:

Ray Horton is good

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Counterpoint: Gregg Williams is a festering boil and a man with no principles or worth as a human being.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

How do you feel about Tim Horton?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Azhais posted:

I've had his coffee once or twice, it was ok.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Azhais posted:

probably shouldn't have driven drunk

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

A.o.D. posted:

Counterpoint: Gregg Williams is a festering boil and a man with no principles or worth as a human being.

Wasn't he the bountygate DC?

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Gee I sure am glad Elway gave Keenum 2 yrs 40 million dollars lol

go away Vance Joseph

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Wasn't he the bountygate DC?

And the DC of the Titans when they inflicted the eventually career ending injury on Peyton Manning.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Carlosologist posted:

the Giants are probably going to be 1-5 by the end of the week. hope we take a quarterback with the 1st pick
sad year to hope this

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

A.o.D. posted:

and his defense might finally end The Rapist

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Bengals win in an insane way. It's cool.

Browns fans, I am excited for the two Battle of Ohio games this year because y'all look really good. :)

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

and his defense might finally end The Rapist

Well, one can hope.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Bengals win in an insane way. It's cool.

Browns fans, I am excited for the two Battle of Ohio games this year because y'all look really good. :)

You're gonna beat us by 30 points...it is known.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Acebuckeye13 posted:

When is the last time the Browns were at least .500 after Week 5? It has to have been a while.

They were seven and three at one point either in 2013 or 2014

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Sam Darnold dropping dimes to Robby Anderson is cool and good, that is all

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Big mood.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Flikken posted:

You're gonna beat us by 30 points...it is known.
That defense is too good, I think it'll be a close game both times. Don't forget, Weeden stunted on us once.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I really feel like I have to type "GG Eagles." That was a close fought game.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

That Rams Seahawks game was way, WAY better than I or I think anyone else expected it to be. Still came away with a loss, but that was a solid game.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Hungry dogs run faster

Full dogs sleep until they're 2-3

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

No Irish Need Imply posted:

That defense is too good, I think it'll be a close game both times. Don't forget, Weeden stunted on us once.

I was there for that one.

First Browns game 6-3 Seahawks

Second was Weeden beating the Bengals

Third was last year's Jets game, ruined my streak

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

shyduck posted:

Hungry dogs run faster

Full dogs sleep until they're 2-3

Good thing 8 wins probably wins the NFCE

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The 49ers held it together and stayed competitive until most of the way through the 4th quarter. It was a hard-fought game, and there’s no shame in a loss against (checks notes) the 0-4 Arizona Cardinals, at home. Fortunately there weren’t any serious injuries beyond those to our starting running back and center, and our bye is coming up in six weeks, which will give our backup quarterback a chance to get healthy.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm more upset Pete flushed this game single handedly at the last second then if we'd been blown out.

Gawd

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Its Rinaldo posted:

I'm more upset Pete flushed this game single handedly at the last second then if we'd been blown out.

Gawd

Did he pass on the two yard line again?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I think the 49ers should feel lucky they lost to the cards because that could be the 1OA deciding game

To all the 49ers fans that wanted to make the playoffs off of cj beathard then my condolences.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

wait why did somebody allow bort to attempt 61 passes

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
With the caveat that it's the Raiders, and they're not a very good team this year, that was probably the most complete game the Chargers have put together all season long. The Raiders' pass rush stinks - the Chargers missed both of their starting OTs and Rivers still only got sacked once, and their LBs did even worse. Gordon and Ekeler carved that defense up when either player got the ball in space. Defensively the pass rush showed up against a hurting Raider o-line and also handled their ground game. even special teams was decent for once - Dez King has put in good work as a returner since they shifted him into that role.

Carr doesn't look great this season. Guy has the yips bad. It's hard saying why, other than the broken leg from a couple years ago, but he didn't look as good as his statline reads out at first glance.

That being said, next week will tell where the team is much more clearly. The Ravens are one of the best teams in the AFC, and while Rivers usually plays well against them, they're also the best defensive team the Chargers have faced so far. That game will probably be a slugfest.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Durandal1707 posted:

With the caveat that it's the Raiders, and they're not a very good team this year, that was probably the most complete game the Chargers have put together all season long. The Raiders' pass rush stinks - the Chargers missed both of their starting OTs and Rivers still only got sacked once, and their LBs did even worse. Gordon and Ekeler carved that defense up when either player got the ball in space. Defensively the pass rush showed up against a hurting Raider o-line and also handled their ground game. even special teams was decent for once - Dez King has put in good work as a returner since they shifted him into that role.

Carr doesn't look great this season. Guy has the yips bad. It's hard saying why, other than the broken leg from a couple years ago, but he didn't look as good as his statline reads out at first glance.

That being said, next week will tell where the team is much more clearly. The Ravens are one of the best teams in the AFC, and while Rivers usually plays well against them, they're also the best defensive team the Chargers have faced so far. That game will probably be a slugfest.

We play the Browns next week

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
You're right, my bad.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That doesn't mean it won't be a slugfest. The browns are good this year. They're lovely kicking away from being 5-0.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
someone hurry and buy and ship 52 dog masks to philadelphia. they need you god drat it!! underdogs!! no respect!!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Absolute classic Panthers game coming off a bye

Carolina should have won that game by three scores. instead they installed a weak rear end offensive gameplan that did press vertically at all, and never adjusted to the giants over the top receiver routes. Were eaten alive all day. Bradberry is a fine player, but he can't cover ODB one on one.

I was kinda expecting this game after ODB's outburst, but my god in heaven that sucked.

Also it didn't help Cam had a bad game. Whether those were miscommunications between him and Ian Thomas who knows. Next week Olsen is probably back in some capacity.

Lastly, it is glaringly obvious that Torrey Smith doesn't need to see the field. Panthers should be trotting out Samuel, moore, and Funchess.

Just send Torrey to the farm where there's good oxygen.

And saquan didn't do much today.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

That doesn't mean it won't be a slugfest. The browns are good this year. They're lovely kicking away from being 5-0.

Agreed. The Browns look like they're on the up and up as well. That was a hard fought win they had over a very good Ravens team and it could get rough fast if the Chargers don't get both of their starting tackles back. Cleveland's pass rush is legit and their secondary has been impressive this year, especially Ward and Randall.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Browns are still very much division contenders also.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams good

Seahawks did okay

But rams good

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Gawd

It was really just the offense making GBS threads the bed on that last drive--the penalties that had been under control all game came out at last. I expected a blowout, but that was by far the most entertaining Seahawks game of the year. I hope to God that's what the offense looks more like going forward, the misdirection and play action worked wonders on a great defense.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

nerve posted:

someone hurry and buy and ship 52 dog masks to philadelphia. they need you god drat it!! underdogs!! no respect!!

How about 52 hollowed out dog heads cause I know a guy who knows a guy.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
What is Carr doing lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

How about 52 hollowed out dog heads cause I know a guy who knows a guy.

is that guy :vick:

• Locked thread