Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nah
Mar 16, 2009

Rams defense needs to figure poo poo out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

nah posted:

Rams defense needs to figure poo poo out

i mean they have suh and donald but outside that they're kinda all just dudes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Blitz7x posted:

What is Carr doing lmao

https://twitter.com/NBCSRaiders/status/878334026695663616

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chargers notes:

Offense looked great, especially being down two tackles. Let up one sack and each of the new guys had a holding penalty, but otherwise they played a clean game. They're doing a really good job of giving Gordon and Ekeler a lot of looks in the passing game, as well as outside pitches and screens. If Gordon can have 60 yards on the ground and 60 through the air every game, I'm happy.

Rivers was flawless. Only missed on five throws and three of them were throwaways. No picks, no near picks, everything was on the money. Allen and Mike Williams are great. Tyrell is proving to a better deep threat than Benjamin ever was. Even got Virgil Greene involved in the passing game today. Was great to see.

Defense played its best game of the season by far. Gave up a garbage touchdown when the game was already in hand, oh well. Held the Raiders to under 300 yards for the game and took Marshawn completely out of it. Cooper and Cook were non factors. Gave up a few long passes to Jordy and Bryant, but oh well. Melvin, if you get a pick in the endzone again, just go down.

Fantastic game all around. Beating the Raiders won't ever not feel good.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Incidentally, just gonna leave this here:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/06/derek-carr-troll-seahawks-super-bowl-1-yard-marshawn-lynch-raiders/

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Chargers notes:

Offense looked great, especially being down two tackles. Let up one sack and each of the new guys had a holding penalty, but otherwise they played a clean game. They're doing a really good job of giving Gordon and Ekeler a lot of looks in the passing game, as well as outside pitches and screens. If Gordon can have 60 yards on the ground and 60 through the air every game, I'm happy.

Yeah, this is something i'm really happy with as well and it seems like the Chargers have finally caught on to what Gordon's most effective at. He's only just servicable as an inside runner but if you can scheme him the ball in space off quick passes, screens and tosses, he generally does a lot of good work in that role. Ekeler is in that mold too, albeit a bit shiftier. So having both of them on the field makes it really hard for opposing LBs to cover them in space and it also makes the playcalling a little less predictable at the same time, since you don't know where the ball is going between the two.

It's something that the Chargers are also probably gonna need to go against the Browns next week - Cleveland has a very good pass rush and secondary, but they struggle in coverage against TEs and RBs.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Check out Juwuan James pushing a pass rusher in the back while he is chasing Tannehill to help propel him into the game clinching sack

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1049024966740533249

You can see it better in the end zone feed 1:10 into the clip. Maybe he gets there anyways but it is still pretty funny.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Check out Juwuan James pushing a pass rusher in the back while he is chasing Tannehill to help propel him into the game clinching sack

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1049024966740533249

You can see it better in the end zone feed 1:10 into the clip. Maybe he gets there anyways but it is still pretty funny.

My BIL is a Bengals fan, so cat team solidarity I guess.

Pushing a defender like that seems real dumb, are o-line players taught to do that and it was just poorly applied in this case?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jesus Christ they’ve actively decided to help the pass rushers now?!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol the texans suck but the cowboys suck more

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

fire Bill of BRien and Jeyson GERRIT

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

What a nerd

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The Cowboys and Dodgers both lost, so at least the day ended well.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

While scientists believe this game gets us closer to evidence of a suck particle, it isnt conclusive proof

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

FizFashizzle posted:

i mean they have suh and donald but outside that they're kinda all just dudes.

They have good CBs, but they're injured right now :(

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

The Glumslinger posted:

They have good CBs, but they're injured right now :(

If Marcus peters is injured he shouldn’t be on the field. He gave up 2 long touchdowns today which is like 6 in 3 weeks.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

DariusLikewise posted:

If Marcus peters is injured he shouldn’t be on the field. He gave up 2 long touchdowns today which is like 6 in 3 weeks.

That’s kind of his thing isn’t it? He’s super aggressive, which leads to lots of turnovers, but also to him getting completely roasted sometimes when he misreads the play and overcommits.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zyla posted:

fire Bill of BRien and Jeyson GERRIT

Possibly the two worst coaches in the league

And I mean that

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

That’s kind of his thing isn’t it? He’s super aggressive, which leads to lots of turnovers, but also to him getting completely roasted sometimes when he misreads the play and overcommits.

That's exactly his thing

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m waiting for him to get some of those turnovers, today he got coming let’s burnt twice and had a holding call which kept a Seahawks drive alive which they turned into a touchdown

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

glad 2 watch a sport where there appear to be only 2 good teams

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

PupsOfWar posted:

glad 2 watch a sport where there appear to be only 2 good teams

ratings only go up!!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

ratings only go up!!!!

This would only be true if were blessed with a Rams vs. Jets or Giants vs. Some Fuckers Who Are Also In LA super bowl matchup

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hue's legitimately a better coach than BOB

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

OBJ throws shade on his mom's stuffing on Thanksgiving

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Shinjobi posted:

And I mean that

Vance Joseph

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

And I mean that

If the two of them switched places next week, would anyone notice? Neither of them has any idea how to run an offense in the modern NFL.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Cowboys covered the spread and still lost, it was a good day.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

sweet thursday posted:

OBJ throws shade on his mom's stuffing on Thanksgiving

He is thankful for helpful criticism.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiefs looked pretty good agains the Jags.

The defense somehow allowed 500 yards and had at least 5 turnovers, lots of stats for everyone. Dee Ford wants to get PAID

Mahomes and the offense were able to move the ball at will against that Jaguars D but had to settle for FGs in the red zone a few times.

Going to New England next week is gonna be fun

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/michaelFhurley/status/1049004627268698113

https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/1049010912101900289

Haha

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Going to New England next week is gonna be fun

I see it as being the best or the worst thing. There's really no in between.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Glad I was too busy to watch the game cuz jeez, the broncos look fuckin awful

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Eagles look like they're in the preseason. 9 wins this year.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Watching Deshaun Watson run reminds me why Cam is a great QB. There were three runs in the first half where Watson tried to lower his shoulder to get into the end zone and got absolutely demolished. Cam scores all three times and trucks at least two of those dudes all the way back to a CFL practice squad.

If only we could combine the two of them into one super QB.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Eagles look like they're in the preseason. 9 wins this year.

Yeah at this point my hope for them is to win the division and even then I’m skeptical.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
more random thoughts from the Chiefs Jags game:

- Orlando Scandrick is one of the Chiefs best defensive players so far this season. So is Dee Ford

- Jags defenders definitely came into this game with some high emotions. After every tackle they were chirping and yelling at the Chiefs sidelines, lots of talking on the field, and even a few skirmishes. Play didn't really match the talk though, KC offense put up 400+ yards and 23 points despite protecting a big lead the whole game and an average game from Mahomes

- Ramsey vs Hill battle was about a draw, Ramsey definitely got Hill jammed and rerouted a few times but Hill still burned him, once for a nice big chunk play

- Chris Jones man you can't straight up punch a defenseless guy at the bottom of a pileup

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Greg Williams is good everyone else sucks.

Greg Williams is a piece of poo poo. Should have been banned from coaching in the league years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Daaaa Browns.

It makes me sad to admit but defense is the most consistent part of the Browns team. Gregg Williams is slime and deserves to be sucker punched every morning for a year straight, but if he can coach what makes it any different than rallying behind players like Tyreek Hill, Mixon, Roethlisberger etc.?

• Locked thread