Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

If Marcus peters is injured he shouldn’t be on the field. He gave up 2 long touchdowns today which is like 6 in 3 weeks.

Peters' replacement Scandrick has the same number 22 and is playing well enough to make me feel okay about losing Peters. I did not see that coming.

There's also this rumor running around that Peters butted heads with Mahomes of all people and it's one of the reasons he got traded. My thoughts on that are welp, he really wanted out then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans have a top 5 defense and a bottom 5 offense. Hell yeah.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Daaaa Browns.

It makes me sad to admit but defense is the most consistent part of the Browns team. Gregg Williams is slime and deserves to be sucker punched every morning for a year straight, but if he can coach what makes it any different than rallying behind players like Tyreek Hill, Mixon, Roethlisberger etc.?

Well, Gregg Williams hasn't demonstrably committed any serious crimes, so I guess pulling for him is better than rooting for certain other people.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Titans have a top 5 defense and a bottom 5 offense. Hell yeah.

This is exactly the type of team that has given the Ravens fits over the years mainly on the road, and exactly the reason we will drop to 3-3.

Titans will win 20-6.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kawalimus posted:

This is exactly the type of team that has given the Ravens fits over the years mainly on the road, and exactly the reason we will drop to 3-3.

Titans will win 20-6.

lol at the Titans scoring 20 points. This could be another FG orgy.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

did this get posted yet

https://twitter.com/JonBecker28/status/1049096134055014401

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the "tightens" have scored 20 or more, more often than they have not. That is why the ravens will go 13-3.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

I love my quarterback

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I imagine it will be. Maybe 16-6 is a better estimate of the score. Ravens are currently on a TD drought themselves.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1049059442501795840

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I am fully ready for the nearly-annual regular season edition of the Chiefs shithousing the Patriots.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Strobe posted:

I am fully ready for the nearly-annual regular season edition of the Chiefs shithousing the Patriots.

Still better than when Denver used to do it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
In case some of you haven't heard, Kenny Golladay is good.

Really good.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1048991854191161347

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
On one hand recent history makes me think the Chiefs are going to school the Patriots.

On the other hand Belichick is insane & may find a weird cheattrick to beat Mahomes. Maybe use the clock against Andy Reid.

Nov 6, 2002

Android Apocalypse posted:

On one hand recent history makes me think the Chiefs are going to school the Patriots.

On the other hand Belichick is insane & may find a weird cheattrick to beat Mahomes. Maybe use the clock against Andy Reid.

Wait till Reid sees our new weakside linebacker - Ginger Kobe.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Wait till Reid sees our new weakside linebacker - Ginger Kobe.

Does he hiss at his opponents?

Nov 6, 2002

No but he goes great with rice.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24932159/new-england-patriots-coach-bill-belichick-praises-patrick-mahomes-kansas-city-chiefs

The mind games begin. Don't read this, Patrick, it's a trap.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Metapod posted:

one day the wrs will not drop for sure tds

I'll believe it when I see it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

THE WRS WILL CATCH THE BALL

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
At least Succup is a stud.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ravens have been lucky with kickers. Stover was accurate but not a super strong leg. Then we get a guy who is super accurate, and has an amazing leg in Tucker. Even Cundiff had one great year here before his bad one. But I'm glad he missed that kick in the grand scheme of things. Plus in the other end of the kicking game Sam Koch has been a real good punter.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kawalimus posted:

But I'm glad he missed that kick in the grand scheme of things.

I know I'm gonna regret asking this, Why?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
NFL refs: paid to have no idea whats going on

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Gribble/status/1049344294052618240

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Flikken posted:

I know I'm gonna regret asking this, Why?

Because we would have played the Giants and we'd already beaten them. And with butterfly effects and all that crap we probably don't get to play the 49ers the following season, giving our win less meaning. Plus if we had lost to the Giants that would negate our previous win over that franchise, and also worsened their record. But since they won the SB, their record is even better with ours being their only loss. We then became the only team to ever beat the 49ers franchise. We have an undefeated record in the Superbowl, and the teams that we defeated have 9 wins and two losses collectively. Those two losses are to the Ravens.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

To be fair I also wondered why the ticker said "Final" when there were two seconds left on the clock. Not exactly hard to forget.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kawalimus posted:

Because we would have played the Giants and we'd already beaten them. And with butterfly effects and all that crap we probably don't get to play the 49ers the following season, giving our win less meaning. Plus if we had lost to the Giants that would negate our previous win over that franchise, and also worsened their record. But since they won the SB, their record is even better with ours being their only loss. We then became the only team to ever beat the 49ers franchise. We have an undefeated record in the Superbowl, and the teams that we defeated have 9 wins and two losses collectively. Those two losses are to the Ravens.

Yup about what I figured.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I asked kawalimus earlier if he would rather have a guaranteed super bowl win against the packers or a guaranteed super bowl appearance against the saints with the outcome up in the air and you won't believe what he said!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

I asked kawalimus earlier if he would rather have a guaranteed super bowl win against the packers or a guaranteed super bowl appearance against the saints with the outcome up in the air and you won't believe what he said!

You didn't ask me this. However, this is actually a VERY difficult question for me to answer. I don't honestly know which one would be better. Assuming that Rogers and Brees are the QBs of each team.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 9, 2018

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I hollered it across the house but you might have been out. and someone else said the answer. I dont know who else lives in our house with us

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

I hollered it across the house but you might have been out. and someone else said the answer. I dont know who else lives in our house with us

Thought about it for a second and my answer is probably the Packers. While dethroning another undefeated would be amazing, the outcome there is up in the air and the danger of losing our place is too great. Plus, the Packers have a very good SB record themselves, Rodgers is a great QB to have beaten, and going to 3-0 means the Saints(and any of the other undefeated teams) are less of a threat.

Plus I come across more Packers fans than Saints fans, and that silences those fans from talking too badly about the Ravens in certain ways.

I would ONLY accept a SB appearance against the Redskins if the win were guaranteed. I do not ever want this game to take place because I am scared of the outcome. But if it were guaranteed, this is the game that would be absolutely desired.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 9, 2018

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Would you take a Super Bowl win against the Redskins if you also had to take losing a Super Bowl to the Dallas Cowboys?

Which NFC team would you most want to see the Ravens lose the Super Bowl to?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Losing to the Cowboys in the Super Bowl is a shame I will wear for eternity

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Strobe posted:

To be fair I also wondered why the ticker said "Final" when there were two seconds left on the clock. Not exactly hard to forget.

I think it was because one of the other refs threw a flag, but it was for offsides on the Ravens, so problem solved.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Can someone enlighten me as to why kickers are so bad this year? I don't remember them being this bad before and I seem to recall the changes this year were to a kickers' benefit.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ELO Musk posted:

Can someone enlighten me as to why kickers are so bad this year? I don't remember them being this bad before and I seem to recall the changes this year were to a kickers' benefit.

its highly variable and there's no real rhyme or reason to it

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mega64 posted:

Would you take a Super Bowl win against the Redskins if you also had to take losing a Super Bowl to the Dallas Cowboys?

Which NFC team would you most want to see the Ravens lose the Super Bowl to?

Losing is off limits. But that is another tough question if it would mean a win against them.

If I had to lose? Maybe the Rams. They're on the far coast, have a couple SB losses already but also a win so we wouldn't be their first win. Also if we lost I think I'd rather it be a soft blowout against a heavily favored team.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

When you can't even believe the Browns won.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Flikken posted:

Yup about what I figured.

how does a person live like this

i'm so glad i don't have autism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Haha autism! Bitch. if i had to choose between watching walking dead and wwe or being kawalimus i would choose both. Don't gently caress with my brother ever again

• Locked thread