Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
The Great Conspiracy Against Missouri in the SEC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

KKKLIP ART posted:

Phone posting corrected Tua to Stu, so did he wreck his knee or what y’all.

I feel like this would be all over ESPN

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
While scrolling through Twitter all I saw were upset Ohio State fans about Haskins not being above Tua in Heisman voting and this

quote:

In 6 games, Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa has completed 75 percent (76 of 101) for 1,495 yards,18 TDs & no interceptions - and has yet to play in the 4th quarter this season

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Conquest7706 posted:

Can ya'll talk about how poo poo both Mike Stoops and Kyler Murray are? It would make me feel better.

I've been bitching every single game of this year about the way he runs swinging the ball out in one hand and never tucking it and how it's gonna come back to haunt us.

Welp guess what happened. Go play baseball you loving human being.

5 total TD 300 yards passing 100 rushing 1 int and a fumble. Seems like your poo poo would have been shoved in a lot harder without him. To a team that lost to Maryland.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
I guess beating an SMU team with a worse record by a smaller margin is better than beating Vanderbilt, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

zimbomonkey posted:

Hot take: Margin isn't important when you're winning by 4 scores.

I was commenting more about the implementation of his algorithm since UGA won by a larger margin and against a team with a better record. Are you familiar with Korranus’ model?

The same point similarly applies to Ohio State since they beat a team with a winning record by a fair margin. If it’s an SRS type mode other teams probably changed it or his model depends on information other than win loss and margin. Just curious. Nothing about UCF in particular. If I did something like this for work I’d be curious why that would be an output.

vikingstrike fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 9, 2018

• Locked thread