Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Do you ever get that feeling of nostalgia replaced by an uncomfortable loneliness when you boot up a long forgotten game? Like you could be the only person in the world playing that cart right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

No, I get a sense of reuiniting with my old friends when I see Cloud, Tomba, Crash, and Rascal. It’s the opposite of loneliness.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
sounds like a personal problem

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

No, I get a sense of reuiniting with my old friends when I see Cloud, Tomba, Crash, and Rascal. It’s the opposite of loneliness.

This

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

insane anime posted:

This.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I definitely think that maybe I'm the only person doing a specific thing at an exact point of time sometimes but it doesn't make me feel lonely

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Occasionally, but only if it’s a game I played a ton of with all my old friends back in grade school, like Pokemon Stadium or Vice City or Smash Bros Melee or Double Dash or the first two Halo games. Otherwise no.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Occasionally, but only if it’s a game I played a ton of with all my old friends back in grade school, like Pokemon Stadium or Vice City or Smash Bros Melee or Double Dash or the first two Halo games. Otherwise no.

I was on the "not lonely" side until I read Pokémon Stadium. That would do it for me

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That sounds like depression, OP

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
my SNES erased my old super metroid save files...yeah...and my super mario rpg save where i had the 100 jumps and attack scarf....lonely no...bitter yes...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This tbqh... Good luck, OP.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ever feel like tying a rope to the scaffolding on the old bean factory when you hear the 16 bit SEGA jingle?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Bawling my eyes out listening to Wily's Castle theme from Megaman 2 on youtube.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

not quite lonely but i feel a certain melancholy when i think of old multiplayer games i love that are now unplayable

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kongming posted:

Bawling my eyes out listening to Wily's Castle theme from Megaman 2 on youtube.

Thinking about visiting my cousins in Ireland when I was 7 and making up lyrics to the Wily’s Castle theme from Megaman 2

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

insane anime posted:

this is so powerful. i love gaming

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
No OP, I don’t.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Saying goodnight to the characters from Playstation All Stars Battle Royale before I turn out the light

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Saying goodnight to the characters from Playstation All Stars Battle Royale before I turn out the light

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Goodnight Good Cole. As for Evil Cole....... well,, you know what you did.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

goferchan posted:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

not quite lonely but i feel a certain melancholy when i think of old multiplayer games i love that are now unplayable

quietly sobbing as I wallrun across an empty brink server...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Goofus and Gallant comic but it’s Good Cole brushing his teeth before bed and Evil Cole eats ice cream instead

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Anyone ever feel like Donkey Kong was their real father growing up or whatever. *unconsciously crushes a Sprite can* Anyway I got the m80s dude

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I often turn the car on and really wait to open the garage door after playing Sonic and Knuckles.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You could have it all
My empire of dirt

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Average Bear posted:

I often turn the car on and really wait to open the garage door after playing Sonic and Knuckles.

it had that effect back in 1994 as well

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You could have it all
My empire of dirt

lmfao

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You could have it all
My empire of dirt

sighs and puts another quarter in the jukebox,

And then I see a darkness,
And then I see a darkness.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Anyone ever feel like Donkey Kong was their real father growing up or whatever. *unconsciously crushes a Sprite can* Anyway I got the m80s dude

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvvTh3cU8Ms

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

goferchan posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

insane anime posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

• Locked thread