Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

Extra items can't raise you above 30%, though, which is what it is base when trying to get to +11. Which is what I'm stuck at myself; out of onyx after repeated attempts to just get beyond +10. I've failed so many times, too. Sometimes you can just be super unlucky and fail over twice as many times as the percentage suggests you "should", like I have.

Not sure exactly how many failures I've had right now, though; moving has caused computer access issues due to unexpected problems at the new house.

Which is also why I wasn't on yesterday, fellow idgi people. Will hopefully sort the problems out this afternoon.

Ah dang, I was wondering. Hope you get that fixed soon :ohdear: computer trouble is the worst

Here's this week's producer letter, which is mostly about UGC stuff -- they're removing the free UGC listing you get, for example, but increasing the list time from 30 days to 90 days. Also fixes for 10053 sound hopeful but the best fix of all would be to just not block off the dungeon entrance from people who disconnect and rejoin imo.

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

someone awful. posted:

Ah dang, I was wondering. Hope you get that fixed soon :ohdear: computer trouble is the worst

Here's this week's producer letter, which is mostly about UGC stuff -- they're removing the free UGC listing you get, for example, but increasing the list time from 30 days to 90 days. Also fixes for 10053 sound hopeful but the best fix of all would be to just not block off the dungeon entrance from people who disconnect and rejoin imo.

UGC is going to be less full of poo poo without the free slot. It's also going to make the selection shrink since you now need to be confident in a sale instead of just interested in posting. Maybe include a free 30 day slot as part of premium to make that more appealing?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

someone awful. posted:

Thankfully my problem isn't my computer; the place I moved to only has two prong power outlets, so I couldn't plug anything in. I have an adaptor with my stuff that hasn't been brought over yet, so as long as I can go get that I can actually hook everything up this afternoon.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Roland Jones posted:

Thankfully my problem isn't my computer; the place I moved to only has two prong power outlets, so I couldn't plug anything in. I have an adaptor with my stuff that hasn't been brought over yet, so as long as I can go get that I can actually hook everything up this afternoon.

Do not use the adapters they are extremely dangerous. You are not grounding something that needs to be grounded.

You need an electrician to fix the outlets. Please don't burn your place down and then be held responsible for all damages over getting online.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

pixaal posted:

Do not use the adapters they are extremely dangerous. You are not grounding something that needs to be grounded.

You need an electrician to fix the outlets. Please don't burn your place down and then be held responsible for all damages over getting online.

Yeah this, if you have a thing that has 3 prongs, you must use a ground. If you do not have a ground prong on the plug, you can use one of the adapters, but the adapter itself must be properly grounded and tested. (Unless you are a licensed electrician, you will gently caress this up)

So... dont attempt doing it yourself, if you gently caress it up you can definitely burn your house down or at a minimum gently caress your electronics up.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, good to know. That would not be ideal, to say the least.

In the meantime I guess I'm seeing if this house is like others I've lived in where some outlets are grounded and some aren't so I don't miss even more college assignments and stuff.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

MAPLEGOONS.gif

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 8, 2018

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

I get a shiny Trophy over my head for this

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Did you know: you can actually enchant gear in the middle of a dungeon run? :v:

Got my bow to +12 on a random attempt while I was going from phase 1 to phase 2 of FD. My group was very confused about the world announcement.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

Got my bow to +12 on a random attempt while I was going from phase 1 to phase 2 of FD. My group was very confused about the world announcement.

I know you can't change skill points, ended up in a DPS only Balrog without expecting to and didn't have medkit on my heavy gunner. Things went... poorly. I made it to the end but used up almost all my lives. I now never spec out of it and boy is that thing useful even with a priest if you find yourself away from the priest and need a heal. Only one out of the dozen or so pubbies I've tried to give one to has figured out I want them to use it. I'm guessing they don't know what it is or assume it was for me and that I'm not trying to save them from dying.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If it was me I would just assume it would only work for the gunner, cause I play berserker & I have no idea what any of the other classes are capable of

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Kyrosiris posted:

I do all my inventory management while trapped inside Kandura

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whenever I get grouped with another Wizard I try to ask them if they're also running Focus Seal 10, since it's pointless to have two and we could get more damage if one of us reallocated the points, but they almost always rush into the dungeon before I can ask or just ignore me if I ask before they're in, and then it turns out that yes, we both have ten skill points in a buff that doesn't stack with itself and is worse if you use it on yourself than get it from someone else.

If I end up doing more runs with them I just respec out of it myself since I know they have it, but it's still frustrating when it happens. Almost as frustrating as the rest of my party ignoring my Focus Seals and sometimes seeming like they're deliberately avoiding them if I don't put it right in their path or get on top of them and drop it under them. gently caress's sake people, I'm trying to give you a huge attack buff, just step on the glowing pink squares if they're near you. It lasts three whole minutes so it's not like you need to do it more than three or four times through the whole run. Less if I managed to force everyone to get it in the ready room before people all fled as fast as they could.

(This is more me ranting about pubbies than directed at people in the guild. You're all usually good about stepping on the pink squares.)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i love your focus seals, they make me Strong and Powerful

also there's a west channel in the Discord now.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Roland Jones posted:

(This is more me ranting about pubbies than directed at people in the guild. You're all usually good about stepping on the pink squares.)

As an Archer I loving love pink squares, and try to drop my blue squares right on top of them so everyone can get both buffs in one convenient place.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

As a Berserker I will step on any piece of floor that is shiny, and then if my flesh coincidentally starts to burn or rot away I will step off of it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Gunner medpack looks like a medpack, anyone can stand on it for a heal (amount scales will skill points). Everyone on the square gets healed and it can't be used for the first 1 or 2 seconds, so if you see a gunner drop it you can rush to it for a heal, I try and go to someone else to drop mine but they normally run away :smith: I'm going back to where I was after I heal both of us I swear. I picked it up for pubbie priests but it's such a nice utility I'm going to miss giving it up for more DPS.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

This game is surprisingly fun, I'm level 40ish so far. How's the late game raiding

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Basically unless you're an unrepentant lucksack or a meso buyer, really hard. The DPS requirements are brutal to kill in the time provided, but the in-game "minimum requirements" are a +11 weapon and epic armor, which uh... not happening in 99% of cases. It's one of the things causing a lot of community backlash right now, actually.

The biggest issue is that most sources of player progression at 50+ are either RNG (armor substats, gemstones, socket unlocking, weapon upgrading), or enormous cash-sinks (pets), or both.

E: Though that said, Director Lee is aware and planning on talking about it soon. (ignore the dipshit he's replying to, lol)

https://twitter.com/JungsooLee7/status/1062214903413452800

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Nov 13, 2018

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Why are these fucks in every goddamn game?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Artificer posted:

Why are these fucks in every goddamn game?

Because they're the worst

I'm constantly surprised by Nexon for this game, they seem to actually be changing stuff to not be as lovely when players complain. Of course it could be a super cynical move where they make things lovely on purpose and then fix it for cred :tinfoil:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Heh git gud nub *hits a cute ducky with a sword that looks like a popsicle*

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

purple death ray posted:

Heh git gud nub *hits a cute ducky with a sword that looks like a popsicle*

At least the "yeah, I got really lucky, sucks to be you if you haven't" people are honest, lol.

But like, even glossing over weapons and substats, the difference between someone with a level 50 epic pet and multiple high-tier bonus attack gemstones and someone who doesn't have those is really big and it's stupid to act like that's anything other than extreme luck in the case of the gemstones and tens of millions of mesos in the case of the pet.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I am very lucky indeed, point me towards the very rare and I shall loot it

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I assume the low entry requirements are so that you can carry an alt or something. It is a good thing to allow undergeared players to jump up, but what they should do is also list a recommended Gear Score that would be realistic to clear if everyone had that.

Alternate methods are making it easier to upgrade current gear to 13 or higher, or add any entry level chaos raid designed around +11 gear that has legendary jewelry since there currently isn't any. It'd be odd to put it on the entry level but at the same time they could bump up stats pretty significantly and have sockets instead of gear levels.

I predict they do one of these instead of nerf the chaos raids I watched some videos and they look pretty easy already if you have the gear. I'm still trying to work my way up from a 4.2k but I also started fairly late (maybe 40 hardmode clears to my name).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I think it's more that they got written for KMS2, because CDev has like 200 million less HP and a five minute longer timer.

The problem is that your weapon upgrade is only half the story. A +15 with lovely armor substats is gonna do less than a +13 with proper piercing, P/M piercing, boss damage, etc., and there's no way to control that aside from rolling and praying.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Am I the only person who sorta stopped giving a toss about raids and dungeons and stuff the second they learned you could sequence your own music in MS2? I dunno why, but I'm enjoying it far more than the actual game now.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Please give me your unwanted furniture and decorations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Mephiston posted:

Am I the only person who sorta stopped giving a toss about raids and dungeons and stuff the second they learned you could sequence your own music in MS2? I dunno why, but I'm enjoying it far more than the actual game now.

That is the game!

It's an interesting blend of casual and hardcore that I think nails the best parts of both. For casual you have dress up, housing and composing music. For hardcore you have mechanic heavy raids and hardmode dungeons, don't forget the horrible pet grind for the super hardcore that makes most people say gently caress it. I love that the hardcore stuff is single encounters that are fairly quick.

I haven't dug into the music side yet but I'm enjoying both the casual and hardcore features.

I have to say I hate that certain house building buttons are hardcoded. I do Keyboard only with WASD for move and it really messes with house building (W and S move the block up and down a level but scroll wheel does too so it's correctable just annoying).

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Mephiston posted:

That's what I love about this game, you can just go and do whatever the gently caress you want without worring about your stats (unless you want to do the raids and stats thing). For me, I love exploring the maps and doing the silly map tasks, and getting the dumb trophies. Hit things with a poop-shaped bush 100 times? gently caress yes. I'm also trying to max out all the life skills, because why the gently caress not.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mephiston posted:

Not gonna lie I have less than 0 interest in raiding because it looks like absolute hellgrind insanity. I will live vicariously through the Raiders of the Lost Ark talking about the raids in discord. Meanwhile I will log in every other day to avoid burnout and do music poo poo or exploration stars.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

orange juche posted:

Not gonna lie I have less than 0 interest in raiding because it looks like absolute hellgrind insanity. I will live vicariously through the Raiders of the Lost Ark talking about the raids in discord. Meanwhile I will log in every other day to avoid burnout and do music poo poo or exploration stars.

Opposite perspective here - the raids are just the capstone of the hellgrind insanity that is the rest of the game, including doing things like cycling through 20 channels to find all the golden chests on a map so you can get a trophy.

(Although once we manage to get at least one raid done, I would like to return to doing more of the wandering and meandering.)

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Kyrosiris posted:

The problem is that your weapon upgrade is only half the story. A +15 with lovely armor substats is gonna do less than a +13 with proper piercing, P/M piercing, boss damage, etc., and there's no way to control that aside from rolling and praying.

I had the blessing to get a decent weapon early in my hard mode career but there's several stat things that keep me from really enjoying the stats game especially since my armor drops continue to be garbo and eat all of my crystal shards when I try to reroll them to something half-decent.

Namely that accuracy is a dumb stat and there's redundant (but stacking) stats just to pad out the RNG pool (Piercing & Physical/Magic Piercing, All Damage & Boss Damage, Mainstats that are on the wrong weapon type etc.)

I don't have the time, patience or disposable income to deal with rng of that magnitude.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Nah, Piercing and P/M Piercing aren't redundant. Piercing fights Defense, whereas P/M Piercing fight P/M Resistance, which caps out in the current game at 16.6% effectively.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
I am going to spend like all weekend finally working on my house. I bought this game entirely for playing House and have hardly done that part yet.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Sundae posted:

I am going to spend like all weekend finally working on my house. I bought this game entirely for playing House and have hardly done that part yet.

Same

Is there a button or something that enables a nuclear option, 'gently caress this poo poo', and clears your house so you can start over? I have a set up I want to do-over but dismantling it block by block would take ages.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Stool Sample posted:

Same

Is there a button or something that enables a nuclear option, 'gently caress this poo poo', and clears your house so you can start over? I have a set up I want to do-over but dismantling it block by block would take ages.

under "save and load" you can choose reset home interior and it'll wipe everything out.

You can also use decor planning to save up to 3 different templates which you can load in to your main house when you're done. it's nice to play around with things like water or other blocks that cost meret and figure out how much you'll need/want before dropping the :10bux: on 'em, or just for playing around with building stuff without having to worry about messing up what you have going.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Kyrosiris posted:

Nah, Piercing and P/M Piercing aren't redundant. Piercing fights Defense, whereas P/M Piercing fight P/M Resistance, which caps out in the current game at 16.6% effectively.
They're redundant in an Occam's razor sense: All three of them increase your damage by decreasing your target's defense. And until there's interesting mechanics dealing with those particular stats then the only reason they exist is for the sake of having more stats.
So far the only thing I've found is one of the special enemies in the pvp zones having a shield that switches between physical and magical resistance. And that's not very interesting.

The raids might have something in them but I haven't checked them out.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

someone awful. posted:

under "save and load" you can choose reset home interior and it'll wipe everything out.

You can also use decor planning to save up to 3 different templates which you can load in to your main house when you're done. it's nice to play around with things like water or other blocks that cost meret and figure out how much you'll need/want before dropping the :10bux: on 'em, or just for playing around with building stuff without having to worry about messing up what you have going.

Awesome, thanks for letting me know

If we buy a piece of furniture once, can we use it as many times as we want, or do we have to purchase them individually?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

EponymousMrYar posted:

They're redundant in an Occam's razor sense: All three of them increase your damage by decreasing your target's defense. And until there's interesting mechanics dealing with those particular stats then the only reason they exist is for the sake of having more stats.
So far the only thing I've found is one of the special enemies in the pvp zones having a shield that switches between physical and magical resistance. And that's not very interesting.

The raids might have something in them but I haven't checked them out.

Ah, okay, gotcha. Thought you meant the "they both hit the same stat" sense.