Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Still looks good imo. You're crushing it lately :respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

are tehse guys natty

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

too much gyno fat for a fish

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

gonna start hawking shark growth hormone in the locker room

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

are tehse guys natty

no they got their genes slammed in the gene slammer

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
hello

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
squatting

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
hernia

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
owned

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol wrecked

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

LIFTING ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: started high blood pressure medicine today

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
bench pressing

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
okay my work schedule has sucked and I am heavier than I want to be, gonna start doing like 30 minutes to an hour every other night with minimal cool down, 60% max, 3x10s on my main lifts and some variations

even on nights I work
even when I work the next day

that with some basic calorie awareness should suffice to trim some fat and get me to where I want to be

posting about it online to pressure myself

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’m pretty sure I could take a good run at 365 FS if I was well rested, warmed up, wasn’t working out at 6am etc

Not sure I’m ever going to snatch 200 again. Elbows just can’t handle it.

https://x.com/formerlyfiz/status/1730588757747765551?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

turns out i've been dealing with a rotator cuff injury for nearly two years. thank god for health insurance and PT

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

yeah I'm really glad to finally be working with a physio for my R Shoulder and L Knee, but gym morale is really low for me rn. currently rapping up week 1 of the Barbell Medicine Shoulder and Kneee rehab templates in conjunction. Wall sits are, like hard. barbell training caused me to forget the power of isometric work

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

its in the mid 60s today which is probably the most annoying weather for garage gym havers, warm enough that you don't need to bundle up and you get sweaty, but cool enough that having the fan blowing on you just feels cold. anyway. lifting weights ftw.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

just do cardio until the walls start sweating

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

I’m pretty sure I could take a good run at 365 FS if I was well rested, warmed up, wasn’t working out at 6am etc

https://x.com/formerlyfiz/status/1730588757747765551?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Hell yeah. I'd rather have a big front squat than an huge low bar back squat.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

FizFashizzle posted:

Not bad, but I could still lever you over my hip with ease

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Approaching a point where I will need to see an actual weightlifting coach because my bad technique is causing pain and hitting the wall where base strength can't cover for bad movements. :rip: I do like snatching and the clean and jerk though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Okay so I can FS 335 kinda casually. This was yesterday morning. It feels heavy but I’m moving it.

https://x.com/formerlyfiz/status/1733558115059081522?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

I’m at 205 right now bw. Mass moves mass obviously. Want to get back down to 180. Dry January and a strict February coming up. Thinking of making a thread in YLLS just to keep me honest.

Also did 12 days of Christmas today and goddamn I can’t do this poo poo anymore. CrossFit has the worst loving power creep. 40 minutes to do the above.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Saw a dude cross legged meditating between deadlift sets today. Respect imo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ALRIGHT back to 500 time to lose weight.

https://x.com/formerlyfiz/status/1744036032712933581?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

🔴🔴🔴

very cool nonetheless. more than I can pull rn

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Hell yeah once again

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

#girthgoals

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qr5XaMq7WI

time to cut

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i thought i was a real freak working out in crocs, until i saw somebody in tevas and ankle socks

there is always a bigger weirdo

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
my back is really sore with DOMs today completely randomly even though I was half-assing it while doing a pull day on Tuesday :(

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

finally sucked it up and bought a bench and floor pads on aliexpress. it felt too masculine so i also got some watercolor hummingbird prints

i bought wall anchors for band exercises and didn't realize until it's too late that i in fact live in a building made of steel and concrete. rip

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

i say swears online posted:

finally sucked it up and bought a bench and floor pads on aliexpress. it felt too masculine so i also got some watercolor hummingbird prints

i bought wall anchors for band exercises and didn't realize until it's too late that i in fact live in a building made of steel and concrete. rip

concrete is great- just get (or rent) a hammer drill

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Anyone got tips on washing knee sleeves? I was going to just toss them in the laundry with cold water.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

net work error posted:

Anyone got tips on washing knee sleeves? I was going to just toss them in the laundry with cold water.

I always hand washed mine and they're still in good shape after years.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

What soap did you use? Laundry detergent or just like dish soap?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

I've always hand washed with laundry detergent

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

webcams for christ posted:

I've always hand washed with laundry detergent

Yeah this, doesn't take much

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I've been traveling this week so I've been getting day passes at different gyms and getting to use good bars and competition plates and honestly it does make a difference. The weight being closer to the center of mass makes it move better imo.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i hate how much i love the fabletics one short considering how much i hate their stupid “VIP membership” business model. i do not need a new pair of gym shorts every month!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

net work error posted:

I've been traveling this week so I've been getting day passes at different gyms and getting to use good bars and competition plates and honestly it does make a difference. The weight being closer to the center of mass makes it move better imo.

I can’t clean without a bar that doesn’t spin well anymore. Just murders my joints catching a sticky bar.