Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

lol he also follows Stav but not Adam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

only one of them has powerful haunches

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
A guide on how to get and use steroids, from everybody's favorite WWE Superstar, Maven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoXWaX2MR0A

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i have no problem getting jabbed but i could never, ever use a syringe on myself

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

there's a small guy at the gym who loads an insane amount of weight for weird exercises, never racks his weights and i guess has some kind of antisocial personality disorder.

today he hit on a girl while she was lifting, and i learned he has previously challenged a Big Dude to a fight.

i feel vindicated because i've been mentally calling him 'bad vibes dude' for the past 2 months

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

going to try the stronger by science reps in reserve program starting tomorrow, hope its fun

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

post COVID posted:

there's a small guy at the gym who loads an insane amount of weight for weird exercises, never racks his weights and i guess has some kind of antisocial personality disorder.

today he hit on a girl while she was lifting, and i learned he has previously challenged a Big Dude to a fight.

i feel vindicated because i've been mentally calling him 'bad vibes dude' for the past 2 months
yeah gyms and gun ranges attract those types

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i have about a week left in my sbs hypertrophy program, doi you guys have any recommendations for programs to try next?

is it worth switching between the hypertrophy and strength programs or should i just stick to one?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

are you happy with your progress? what are your goals? if you're happy, making progress, and not feeling worn down, I'd simply repeat it with your new TMs

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

yeah for sure, i guess i will just run it again

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I was doing speed squats for a few weeks to mix things up and when I went back to regular tempo the bar was moving much better and I felt stronger so if you are looking for some variety give them a go.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

net work error posted:

I was doing speed squats for a few weeks to mix things up and when I went back to regular tempo the bar was moving much better and I felt stronger so if you are looking for some variety give them a go.

nice. I would kill for a GymAware VTS but alas.

I have a work-up scheduled at the end of the month with a sports medicine practice that's a partner/provider for the Swiss Olympic team. Chronic tendinopathy of my left knee and right shoulder that I have been training around since July (occasionally pushing through, but I try not to), sometimes accompanied with swelling and loss of ROM. I can still lift and cycle, but not at normal intensities and within normal recovery periods. This is the first time I've had a sports injury that I feel like I haven't been able to manage myself, aside from when I dropped a loaded bar on my 4th distal phalanx and almost amputated it in 2013. Very annoying!

so I've been riding more and focusing on arm hypertrophy and diet quality.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Im finally getting some strength back after a year off from a knee injury.

BS 350
FS 330
DL 475
CJ 250 (ignore the jerk Im so sorry)

My goal had been DL 500, BS 400, FS 375, clean 300 by new year. Pretty sure Ive got the deadlift now. Gonna need to squat more to get the other ones.

https://twitter.com/formerlyfiz/status/1714226234421321847?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Also Ive basically had to relearn how to clean and its funny how much my body is like uh what are we doing stop you are 37.

FizFashizzle has issued a correction as of 11:34 on Oct 17, 2023

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

hell yeah those all look rock solid

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also if you listen closely youll hear what sounds like trees crashing to the ground. Those are just my knees.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

lol turning heads at the gym with crepitus is so satisfying

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

flying kneecaps setting off the lunk alarm on the other side of the floor

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I've been slacking less on doing assistance work and go figure it helps if you do it. :thunk:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

back to 400

I can stop bulking now.

https://x.com/formerlyfiz/status/1723071846323527914?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
How fix knee????

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dum Cumpster posted:

How fix knee????
Its not fixed. Just learning to squat around it.

Cant do anything unilateral.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Figured that was the answer based on your previous posts. Glad you're able to hit some goals, still.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Its not fixed. Just learning to squat around it.

makes your accomplishment so much more impressive tbh

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Hell yeah

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

You look amazing for 400lbs

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

tinstaach posted:

Today marks one year since I got a bathroom scale and started doing a basic food/weight log. June 7th 2021 was 304 pounds. Today was

Neat! Onward and downward!

Well, I hosed up and touched 290 again this week, Going back to the gym for the first time since I signed up for a year-long membership in February 2020. Good luck to me and my atrophied muscles.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
i'm 149 pounds. this sucks. need more peanut butter

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

my legs are very sore

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I finally found a good physical therapist by instagram creeping on a guy who was spotting John Haack on bench. Thanks for the tip, Sika Strength

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Irishly: John Haack is an absaloot harrrs

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I saw him IRL in the audience of a meet recently and I can confirm his harrrs status, lads

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

tinstaach posted:

my legs are very sore

Between vacations & COVID I haven't gone to the gym in 3 weeks. Today was my first leg day back :smith:

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Business Gorillas posted:

Between vacations & COVID I haven't gone to the gym in 3 weeks. Today was my first leg day back :smith:

weirdly exactly the same except I didn't have COVID. feels good to be back.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the days are too loving short to go outside on weekdays i hate it

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
you can't go out when it's darK?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

post COVID posted:

weirdly exactly the same except I didn't have COVID. feels good to be back.

:same:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

leftist heap posted:

you can't go out when it's darK?

no it's too cold

also the crackheads come out. i found these strung out all over my complex sidewalks this morning lol

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
what is that

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
crackheads are so depraved they try to get you to trip and then they laugh at you

this is biden's america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grinded our a painful 180 snatch this morning and felt good about it so apple memories decided to crush my joy

https://x.com/formerlyfiz/status/1725487602667597914?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA