Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

that you won't abandon the project speaks to your dedication. Then again, considering all the work you did for your gifs and animations, kinda hard to just leave it unfinished. We appreciate it all the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Ah yea, ambition. The other biggest danger for LPers. I will post my penultimate update this weekend. I’ve only been sitting on it for 2 years. Time to finish this.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I'm excited for a continuation of the LP, but

The_PC_Snob posted:

But if she's not playing Heroes of Might and Magic 2 by the time she hits 6, I've failed as a father. She can play Sorceress only, as long as she is playing.

How's your main project going?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

THE BAR posted:

I'm excited for a continuation of the LP, but

How's your main project going?

I’ll be disappointed if her first word wasn’t “blah!”

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

BLAGH!:drac:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

I really have no idea why I get all the cursed artifacts. I dig your explanation about lord Haart.
Alternative explanations I can come up with:
- Roland has no idea what he's doing
- Roland doesn't want the crown
- Archibald hacked our artifacts :argh:
- The Russians did it

For me it's going to be the unending Tax lien with a 2-1 win against the hideous mask. I wish I had an unending tax break artifact.

To the computer!

I was just looking back through our last posts, wondering how long it's been exactly. Wow.... 5 years. Also, that last option aged hilariously bad...or good. Not sure. :thunk:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Hahhaaha, the last update was 5 years ago. I've been sitting on this next update for like 5 years. I didn't want to post it until Pc Snob was ready, but it's been burning a hole in my pocket for too long and I want to be able to say Ifinished two LPs to my son some day. Think of all the internet cred he might think I have. Finishing an LP on a dead forum is kinda like being a famous youtube celeb right?
Fun fact, I started LP'ing (Heroes 1) when my son was born to kill time while he slept most of the day. And now he's in his last year of primary school. How old does that make you all feel?

Final level: Final Justice

Well thanks guys for the Tax Lien. Fun fact, I have no idea how to pronounce Lien. I always say line despite assuming that it’s pronounced more like lean.

Wikipedia posted:

A tax lien is a lien imposed by law upon a property to secure the payment of taxes. A tax lien may be imposed for delinquent taxes owed on real property or personal property, or as a result of failure to pay income taxes or other taxes.

Who..who is Roland paying taxes to? And why give it to me? :iiam:

My king has seen fit to fill my pockets with money.
In addition he brought my units back from the previous scenario, so we start with a sizable army...did I really do that bad with my units. :(

I guess I’d better welcome him to the battlefield. It’s the first time meeting him face to face.

“Why is there a shipwreck right next you my King? Are you okay?”

“I came from the right, the land should have given way to me, King Roland of Enroth!”
“Okay…how are my troops?“
“My troops are fine.”

Behold Roland the Wizard. He’s apparently the same Roland as Roland the yellow knight from the previous chapter. Anyway, Rolands mysterious class change aside, you can tell he’s a true king. He has advanced Wisdom (like all wizards), Expert Leadership (unlike all wizards) and basic archery (like all medievil royalty). He’s a level 6 wizard and as such he has some stats to show off. I’m not very impressed.

“Stop staring at my assets and give me a kingdom overview.”

We have a total of 3 castles, all of them have been developed to the degree where they have all lvl1 creature buildings. No, I didn’t mean they all have lvl1 buildings, I meant that they have all lvl1 buildings. Behold! The knight castle Algary.
“Where are my Paladins?”

Behold! The aptly named Blackfang, home of the Phoenix!
“Sparkly!”

Behold! Castle Kalindra!

“Where are my Titans?”

“Those bastards are trying to sneak up on my property! Prepare to sacrifice yourself in my name!”

“Much sparklier!”
“My lord, this seems like a terrible idea. The enemy has vampires and maybe annoying spells. I suggest hiding in our castle.
“A king never hides!”

“But we’re not opposed to strategy! Speaking of, I have a cunning plan.” :thunk:

“She’s not very strong, but this will save us some units. Vampires are very annoying to fight, but awesome to have.”

“This was easy enough. Still a nasty surprise by Archibald. I double checked with our scouts at the other castles, but no further enemy heroes were found my lord.”

“Ofcourse not! Villains will never try the same plan twice.”
“That...doesn’t sound likely.”

“Halon found some Phoenix fuel! :woop:
“Stop dancing. Phoenixes will not bring us victory. ”
:stare: “…”

“Get me someone reliable like Sister Eliza and make yourself useful elsewhere.”
:stare: “…”

“The sorceress guild sends their greetings.”
“Yes yes, live long and prop her. Now hold this.”

“Hurry up and get in the boat, don’t worry it’s perfectly safe. You’re unlikely to get in a boating accident of the tragic kind. That only happens to the other gender.”

“I guess I’ll build some stuff.”

“Foiled by the insanely expensive Wizard town. My money is pretty good, but the special resources are a problem. I need to scout more.”

“With my plan on the way our priorities are to get Shiny Gold Men with Big Swords. I love big swords, they remind me of Catherine.”

“I’m very happy that all castles have an observatory nearby. We have our own little corner of the map with a number of routes leading upward. I wonder where Eliza is.”

”So much junk in the water, Archibald will pay for this.”

“Mission completed!”

“Tyro has been scouting around...slowly thanks to the peasants and the archers. But we’re in desparate need of wood, it’s like someone else has been spending it all.”

“Finally found more wood. Now construction can really begin.”

“This is like, super far.”

“Finally, the 7th day. Tomorrow we’ll get our new troops and head out.”

“Luna visited the oracle for me. Things are not looking good, but we’ve seen worse.”

More scouting!

Tyro is...err still scouting and also finding things.

“Yeah, this isn’t working. I think I’ll ignore the wizards for a bit until I have more resources.”

“According to Rolands map I should be almost there.”

“There we go.”

“Commander! Finally I’ve found you!”
“Lord Killburn! Is that really you?!” :eyepop:

“You’re making a terrible mistake.”
“Not impossible! But more importantly I thought I’d killed you?”

“You drat near did you moron. I was trying to tell you back then that you were on the wrong side.”
“Wrong side? Tell me more, your mustachaness”.

“Roland is unfit to be king. I think the glorious Morglin genes dissappeared with their mom, because Roland lacks everything that made his father a King with a capital K.”
“But how can you tell?”

“My boy, I’ve been around for ages. I could tell this the moment he was born.”
"But what about Archibald?”

“Archibald may be evil, enslaved dragons and committed murder. But a case can be made that he would at least be competent. Besides which, the evilness of enslaving flying ferocious firebreathing nigh unstoppable killingmachines is debatable. Why I bet if weird beings would fly down from space and descend upon our world like a swarm of ravenous locusts, he would probably be the one to save us!”
“I honestly don't see any of that happening, but I trust in the 'stache. What can I do?”

“We must stop Roland from reaching Archibalds castle.”
“That’s easy, he’s right over there rubbing his sword.”

“Okay, good than I was not too late.”
“So now what?”

“We need to be careful, I had heard you gathered an army. Where is it?”
:shrug:

So yeah, fun fact. You can’t claim the Ultimate Artifact via battle.

Yeah, that’s a lot of power.

“Victory!”

“Good news everyone! I’m a king!”
:what:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I think I also fixed the index post.

And I came across this

THE BAR posted:

I've read the first game's LP a couple of times on the archive, it's part of my biennial Thuryl-circuit :)

There's no greater compliment than having someone deem fit to read an LP of mine along with Thuryl's absolute masterpiece LPs. Thank you.

DKII
Oct 21, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

Hahhaaha, the last update was 5 years ago. I've been sitting on this next update for like 5 years.

You know, I didn't think that keeping this thread in my bookmarked list for five years would pay off, yet here we are. :golfclap:

Darth TNT posted:

Finishing an LP on a dead forum is kinda like being a famous youtube celeb right?

Wait, this forum is dead? :wth:

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Well. That was anticlimatic.

So is the rest of the map basically optional? As far as I can tell from the screenshots, that was the only way to reach Archibald's castle.

AncientSpark
Jan 18, 2013
Yeah, the rest of the map is optional IF you have carry-over army (and Sorceress guild, but that is non-optional for Roland's campaign). But if you don't, Archibald gets too powerful too quickly given your lack of starting resources and his higher level/stats, so the rest of the map is more required to get the required army to get him.

AncientSpark fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 23, 2023

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

“According to Rolands map I should be almost there.”

as someone who lives in Alberta and considered driving to Ontario when I started my masters...also 5 years ago, gently caress, this thinking is why I decided to sell my car and fly instead. Not sure which would end up being cheaper these days :negative:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Love how you just beelined for ol' Archie and wrecked shop. Well done!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

AncientSpark posted:

Yeah, the rest of the map is optional IF you have carry-over army (and Sorceress guild, but that is non-optional for Roland's campaign). But if you don't, Archibald gets too powerful too quickly given your lack of starting resources and his higher level/stats, so the rest of the map is more required to get the required army to get him.

And to be fair, my army wasn’t quite up to the task. I had to redo a million times. But when I made the update I was kinda tired of heroes2. But it’s been such a long time since I’m contemplating doing another run at it the long way….:ohdear: might be fun and PC snob is still occupied anyway.

The first time I finished the map I did it the long way and ended up using an army of nothing but lvl7 creature and loaded up the hero with morale artifacts to stop everyone from crying constantly. Still needed to goes with 2 different heroes because of archibalds sheer overwhelming force at that point.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Darth TNT posted:

There's no greater compliment than having someone deem fit to read an LP of mine along with Thuryl's absolute masterpiece LPs. Thank you.

:wotwot:

Darth TNT posted:

“Good news everyone! I’m a king!”
:what:

He may not be the king we need, but he's still got freaky wizard powers and a minimap.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

well why stop now, onward to Restoration of Erathia :D

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Don't forget the Tarnum campaigns!

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
... I'm completely lost now.

Oh well, that's what re-reading is for!

The_PC_Snob
Nov 22, 2012

Mario? Never
heard of him.

quote:

I didn't want to post it until Pc Snob was ready, but it's been burning a hole in my pocket for too long and I want to be able to say Ifinished two LPs to my son some day.

That's fair :colbert: I felt frozen in time during Bolsonaro's presidency. The days came and went and I couldn't get anything done. I'd probably have lost my patience long ago if I were working with me.

Seems like your work is done and I still have 2 missions to go. My daughter had her first steps this month so she is gaining on me already.

This week the wheel of misfortune had a minor car crash for me, so my free time was spent trying to "milk stone" (Brazilian saying) from the insurance company. No one got hurt but my side doors were wrecked, so I had to take my commute on bus on top of everything and it is a two-hour commute...

Seems my style rubbed off some on Darth, at least I got that. :)

The_PC_Snob fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 27, 2023

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

milk a stone, the idiom in english-speaking countries is carious forms of "you can't get blood from a stone" or "like getting blood from a stone"

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

The_PC_Snob posted:

That's fair :colbert: I felt frozen in time during Bolsonaro's presidency. The days came and went and I couldn't get anything done. I'd probably have lost my patience long ago if I were working with me.

Seems like your work is done and I still have 2 missions to go. My daughter had her first steps this month so she is gaining on me already.

This week the wheel of misfortune had a minor car crash for me, so my free time was spent trying to "milk stone" (Brazilian saying) from the insurance company. No one got hurt but my side doors were wrecked, so I had to take my commute on bus on top of everything and it is a two-hour commute...

Seems my style rubbed off some on Darth, at least I got that. :)
My work isn’t done. I still need to do the final update with the ending movie and (very) maybe I’ll redo that last map. So I’ll be badgering you for that final movie link.
And I really liked doing this with you. It’s great that we got to show both sides. It’s unfortunate that real life tends to happen.

Good to hear no one got hurt Snob.

I had always planned to do the last map like this. It’s why the interludes were more story driven.

The_PC_Snob
Nov 22, 2012

Mario? Never
heard of him.
Another cheeky preview. This one is the one that was giving me weird technical problems so to have it finally finished is a huge burden off my shoulders. Though I also learned a lot about the capabilities of the tools I'm using for the animations now, which will hopefully streamline future animations (he says again, knowing he will suffer still).

The_PC_Snob fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 31, 2023

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

That is amazing. :eyepop:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Dats a lotta elves

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Woah that's rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Watching them all melt away is oddly satisfying.