Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
My thoughts on Akane: Given the various Kaiju bodies already dotting the skyline Akane has been at this a while, offing people and altering the timeline. My theory is Akane is targeting her victims based on perceived/actual wrongs from the "original timeline". Seeing her Hikikomori like living arrangements I wouldn't be surprised is OG Akane was the victim say horrific bullying and driven out of school, so flipping out at the teacher wasn't about him not looking where he was walking, but not paying attention in a previous timeline when she was bullied. Hell, if Rikka is the Megatron to her Optimus Prime in design, I imagine that some past iteration of Rikka is central to whatever Akane's deal is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
I believe Rikka is going to vital to whatever end comes, because despite all of Akane's talk of godhood and I created you to love me. Rikka is the one thing she gives two shits about in her kaiju playground, even Gridman and the rest of the gang are treated as an increasingly irritating opponents rather than a true threat.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Helter Skelter posted:

Y'all, I'm worried about Akane.

Yeah, Akane is so desperately alone and without any connection to people, she has no family (except in the dream when she briefly imitated Rikka). She created her Kaiju world where even was to like her, and she could erase anything that went "wrong". Then she made the dream within the dream, where the gridman alliance loved her. She doesn't want them to need her so much as she needs them. And Alexis certainly doesn't have her best interests at heart, keeping her isolated and angry brings out the best of kaiju after all.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Darth Walrus posted:

Definitely thinking that 'the hearts of all are connected' is likely to be an indicator that the non-alien cast are all dissociated fragments of Akane's personality, and she will heal by recombining with them. It would make a lot of sense given what we've seen so far.

Akane Tang