Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm not Googling whatever that is.

It's written by the Soska sisters who are now signing on with the Rippaverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah no restraints play is the name of the arc, it was a good punisher type story with widow in madripoor

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/SethJacob/status/1749847126408872312?s=20

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

As a non American I would say this is far more problematic example of a f'ed up medical system and how it works.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Peter David has not been nice about Roma in the relatively recent past

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

fez_machine posted:

That was years ago and I thought he did a massive mea culpa about it when someone pointed out how wrong he was. And even if I'm wrong about that, he doesn't deserve to have to beg for charity online to not die.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah believe it or not I want people I hate to have Healthcare too, it's loving crazy.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Soonmot posted:

Yeah believe it or not I want people I hate to have Healthcare too, it's loving crazy.

Indeed

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The lack of recompense (or even recognition) given to creators by Marvel Studios really is bad. It's nowhere near as serious as what's happened to Peter David, but I was listening to a podcast with Chris Hastings the other day where he mentioned that in return for the Loki series using the President Loki character and prominently using Vote Loki in the advertising he got... a mug.

I realise that when you're playing in the big company sandbox and getting to iterate on their characters you can't expect to have full control over subsequent use, but it feels like there should be some way of recognising creators when an adaptation of a story they wrote or drew goes on to make millions.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Party Boat posted:

The lack of recompense (or even recognition) given to creators by Marvel Studios really is bad. It's nowhere near as serious as what's happened to Peter David, but I was listening to a podcast with Chris Hastings the other day where he mentioned that in return for the Loki series using the President Loki character and prominently using Vote Loki in the advertising he got... a mug.

I realise that when you're playing in the big company sandbox and getting to iterate on their characters you can't expect to have full control over subsequent use, but it feels like there should be some way of recognising creators when an adaptation of a story they wrote or drew goes on to make millions.

It’s royalties.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
1988 wasn't that long ago. Surprised that character is in the mural.

https://twitter.com/CTropes/status/1762109705579823264?s=20

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Joe Fisto posted:

I was confused so I started going left to right, laughing over Plastic Man standing next to Darkseid of all characters, then I saw it. :yikes: Who even is that?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

fez_machine posted:

Weird how every time someone posts about David and his health issues someone else posts about his comments about the Roma (sans apology) as if these two things are somehow related.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I was confused so I started going left to right, laughing over Plastic Man standing next to Darkseid of all characters, then I saw it. :yikes: Who even is that?

That is Wu Cheng (Originally named Chop-Chop) from the original Blackhawk comics back in the '40s. Blackhawk is there too with his hand Wu Cheng's shoulder. The mural was updated with a different face later. But yeah this was not a good look for sure.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Madkal posted:

Weird how every time someone posts about David and his health issues someone else posts about his comments about the Roma (sans apology) as if these two things are somehow related.

https://www.theonion.com/man-always-gets-little-rush-out-of-telling-people-john-1819578998

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Madkal posted:

Forget it Madkal; it's Internet.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Joe Fisto posted:

Article with a list of characters and who drew them: https://www.cbr.com/history-dc-universe-jam-poster/

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Madkal posted:

It's not that surprising that a post appearing to solicit sympathy evokes memories of a very public racist rant.
Apologies don't seem to stand out in memory as strongly as the original offense.
He isn't entitled to people forgiving and completely forgetting because he showed a slight bit of remorse.

That said, I don't wish suffering on anyone, and people should be provided Healthcare. I can't think of many better uses for tax dollars.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 26, 2024

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Here's the amended version that was on the wall. Still not great in regards to that character but at least they had the sense not to leave it like it was originally.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

okay i feel kinda stupid, what am i supposed to be seeing

^^^ at least in this version the weird batman midget with the huge tits is obvious

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

The extremely yellow scare Asian person

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oooh okay the guy down by wonder woman, i thought it was about something on the top row that i just wasn't seeing lol

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

site posted:

^^^ at least in this version the weird batman midget with the huge tits is obvious
For what it's worth that's Bat-Mite, a fifth dimensional imp/fanboy of Batman who is supposed to be a chubby little fella with a tummy hanging over his utility belt, not anyone with huge tits.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

B33rChiller posted:

It's not that surprising that a post appearing to solicit sympathy evokes memories of a very public racist rant.
Apologies don't seem to stand out in memory as strongly as the original offense.
He isn't entitled to people forgiving and completely forgetting because he showed a slight bit of remorse.

That said, I don't wish suffering on anyone, and people should be provided Healthcare. I can't think of many better uses for tax dollars.

It definitely didn't help that Peter David defended his racist tirade before someone finally told him what a moron he was enough that it made him apologize. Also his apology was still pretty racist (insisting that what the blatantly racist and lying tour guide told him was 100% true and other things) but it was a start.

I'd rather him not die either, but I can understand why people would still be less than happy with him.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

site posted:

Chop-Chop

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Found a new comic book shop near me, found out it's owned by a musician too. Cool!

Said Comic Book shop...
https://twitter.com/VPS_Reports_1/status/1761624541275803833

Not as cool!

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

site posted:

oooh okay the guy down by wonder woman, i thought it was about something on the top row that i just wasn't seeing lol

Took me forever too, but god drat I flinched when I saw it. That's bad, holy crap.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

RevKrule posted:

Found a new comic book shop near me, found out it's owned by a musician too. Cool!

Said Comic Book shop...
https://twitter.com/VPS_Reports_1/status/1761624541275803833

Not as cool!

Yeah John Dolmayan is a big disappointment. Has been for a long time.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

X-O posted:

Yeah John Dolmayan is a big disappointment. Has been for a long time.

I missed that one. Sucks.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
It's pretty freaking wild that a member of System of a Down could be a Trump fan.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

It's pretty freaking wild that a member of System of a Down could be a Trump fan.

I guess he was down with the sickness

fake edit: I never listened to numetal so I googled and see that was disturbed and not system of a down, but i don't care

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Not really sure I'd call System of a Down nu metal other than being contemporary

But yeah, that's disappointing

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Do the people of Glendale need another place to purchase a Funko Pop?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Do the people of Glendale need another place to purchase a Funko Pop?

The hilarious thing is it's literally right next door to a place that's sole existence is to sell lovely funkle pops.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Valiant hiring people to do AI

https://twitter.com/ctropes/status/1768913899703951479?s=46

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

But yeah, that's disappointing

But not surprising. He always looked like square compared to the other members.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

How many fingers do the characters get to have.

Answer, as many as they want!

You know the paneling is going to be a poo poo show.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

They’ve closed the job

https://twitter.com/ctropes/status/1769192892546056555?s=46

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Quietly should be the key word of that.

You know they're going to continue to explore the use of AI.

Pretty much everyone is. I'm absolutely sure it's why there has been so many lay offs in the game industry lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Game industry layoffs are mostly because games made bank and interest rates were low through lockdowns, and neither trend was permanent

I'm sure there are plenty of cynical execs thinking they can automate all these inconvenient workers away but the macro factors are way more influential