Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I kicked him $5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

The dude is the most liberal liberal. He is against bad stuff in the abstract but he is more than willing to pal around with lovely people and go with their views when more convenient

Please don't mix up definitions here. He's a neoliberal. Or my theory, which is he's a full on Trump loving conservative (see everything he's ever said about Muslims and trans people) who's bullshitting for money. A smarter Roseanne.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I'm still really confused about the Bill Maher weed/milk thing. Does he think you can get high from milk?

He thinks it's unnatural for humans to drink. But he loves weed.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Misgendering, dead naming, and spreading fear about protected groups are all now against Twitters rules. So get ready for some huge Twitter purges from CG dudes.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I liked Border Town but gently caress that guy. I hope his career burns to the ground.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Oh good. Since that guy War Machine got sent to jail I hadn't really had anyone clearly guilty of an awful crime hanging out on Twitter just trying to be normal that I could yell at for being a monster every time they posted.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jedit posted:

Taking after his wife, then, who crowdfunded a concert tour to the tune of several times more than she needed then asked musicians local to the gigs to back her without being paid.

The campaign was for an album not a tour and she paid everyone.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

That's pretty rich considering Palmer got blowback for asking artists to work for exposure.

Her justification for it, which was essentially "I was being an ignorant idiot who didn't realize I'm not an indie DIY artist anymore (despite being exactly that, technically) and due to my success shouldn't be acting like I'm still couch surfing in the early Dresden Dolls days," and then paying everyone and it never happening again is all perfectly reasonable. Honestly anyone who still brings it up years later is probably just a misogynist and should be featured in this thread, but not for the reasons they think and are causing them to post right now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ror posted:

Amanda Palmer surely receives way more than her fair share of vitriol due to misogyny but I think people also bring it up because Amanda Palmer has a history of doing and saying problematic things that could also be featured in this thread. "I was being an ignorant idiot" is one thing for regular business terribleness and another when you're saying racist or ableist things, so sorry, not much slack from me.

She actually did make a comic about her molested conjoined twins project, but y'all are right, probably not for this thread. It's just refreshing not to have to think about EVS in here.

People should bring up those things instead then. But they don't. I wonder loving why.

E: Let me add to this one thing. Amanda Palmer has said and done a lot of poo poo that's dumb as gently caress and hasn't owned up to all of it. But if you look at interviews with her she's the first to admit she's a flawed person. Constantly bringing up the things she has owned up to, apologized for, and course corrected on is lovely. It's doubly lovely to move the conversation off of her husband and somehow blame her for his lovely actions. If you don't see how basically saying "oh no, pure and good Neil has been corrupted by his evil witch of a wife," makes you sound like you should be on one of EVS's streams cutting up an Amanda Palmer record with a knife, then maybe you should take some time for self reflection.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 2, 2019

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Someone should kill Mike S. Miller.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

God I hope this is finally what takes EVS down:

https://twitter.com/fredtjoseph/status/1094997510849003522?s=21

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

NPC also has the undertone of "These people don't matter, so it doesn't matter if they live or die". But yea the irony of NPC branded people just repeating what they're been told is thick and rich like cream cheese icing. I've never seen people so devoid of all original thought then them.

Every person on Twitter who has called me an NPC has immediately blocked me when I bring up this irony

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Having seen the movie Disney would be insane to consider this, as would any sane person. I honestly wasn't sold on Brie when she as first announced (I like her and loved Room but just wasn't sure if she was a good fit for Carol) but she's probably the best casting they've done since RDJ.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

I wonder if anything other than (arguably, probably) Ghostbusters 2016 actually 'got woke, went broke.'

Ghostbusters made $100 million more than it's budget.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, but it needed to make like 500 million to turn a profit and needed 300 million to just break even.

That's only with bullshit Hollywood math where it counts all previous attempts to make a third Ghostbusters film in it.

Also the issue with it wasn't that it was "woke" anyway, it was that it was just a really middle of the road, nothing movie.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

RevKrule posted:

Anyone who's gonna say GB16 is a bad movie should have to defend GB2 being a better movie first.

I like GB16 more than most but GB2 is absolutely the better movie and anyone who thinks it's had is just wrong. Yes, Including Bill Murray.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Xarbala posted:

Honestly the fact that so many of us remember a time when dude or bro very nearly became neutral terms speaks to our age more than anything.

It's like how some writers use "Sir" as a gender neutral term in a military context despite the fact that you'd actually use "Ma'am" when appropriate.

The sir thing is because in the military this is actually the proper terminology. Or at least that was my understanding of it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

fritz posted:

Isn't Kelly Thompson one of the targets of cgate? (Not a major one, but still)

They all hate West Coast Avengers cause it's got women in it, yes.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JordanKai posted:

Was the suspension overturned or did it just reach its end? I can't really make heads or tails of it.

It was a permanent one and got over turned.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gynovore posted:

Wait, what?

Milo got a lot of funding from political think tanks and such to do his poo poo, which all started as GamerGate stuff on Breitbart. There are direct links between GamerGate and the ascension of the alt right.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

they were cute until the author turned out to be a complete cock though

The post was from two years ago so I'm hoping he's grown, as I liked the comics a lot personally, but his silence on it speaks volumes. It's weird cause he seems otherwise progressive.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Also a fetus isn't a baby and what a woman does with her body is her own loving business.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ryonguy posted:

I guess they must have also had an insider who whispered in James Cameron's ear to cram the first six hundred pages of the manga into an two hour movie and mash characters from even later chapters into it haphazardly. Curse those meddling SJW's!

The movie is actually better than the manga and the changes made a lot of sense.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ryonguy posted:

You know, there's being contrary for :goonsay:-sake and then there's just being the biggest moron possible.

Nobody is going to remember it was even a thing a year from now.

Probably not. But no one knew what the manga was either and it's been around for decades. It's also hundreds of issues long and went for a long, long time. Condensing and cutting stuff is how adaptation works, and doing a strict 1:1 translation of the source would not have worked at all as a movie.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

I have reported so many replies about guns and bullets and how people who threaten children deserve to be staring down the barrel of a gun, etc. it is seriously out of hand. These people are absurd and the only evidence they have of Ren “threatening a child” are two other people saying someone should call Child Protective Services. I am pretty worried she is going to get hurt. For the heinous crime of writing a short story in a comic book.

She's apparently called the cops and has been archiving tweets and live streams.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Doom Patrol is amazing and absolutely inclusive enough to tick people off. It does feature a drag queen beating up a federal agent.

They don't seem to realize that they're the people Morrison was writing about with the department of Normalcy in the loving 80s.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Oasx posted:

The first episode of Doom Patrol was pretty bad, it was yet another mass produced low budget DC show throw out to see if it would stick on the wall.
But yeah, this looks like a classic review bomb by people who have never actually watched it.

This is a bad opinion. Doom Patrol rules and episode one in particular obviously had some money put into it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

The design of Mr Nobody hurts my soul, as does every shred of the humor I've seen. I haven't managed to pull together the desire to watch more than trailers that made my entire body cringe.

That's definitely review-bombing though.

Nobody looks fine. I love his comic design but it just wouldn't have worked here. Maybe if he had been a Roger rabbit style animated character? But that's gotta be beyond the budget.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

bessantj posted:

Every reason not to? Are they still salty over what she said about critics?

*What she said about members of press in prerelease functions and interviews.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Watch out in Twitter things involving CHUDs right now. They're posting endgame spoilers at people.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Do they not know what an anthology is?

They almost certainly do not.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

I was screencapped at the Farms posting the picture of the results talking about it in Trad Games:

It is frankly baffling how they've attached their egos to a crappy YouTube lawyer's legal prowess.

He's from a town in my home state. His office is a block away from a trailer park, and in a strip mall. The town in question has a population of about a thousand people, three liquor stores, and eight churches. That should tell you all you need to know about him and his practice.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Blackface lawyer got banned from Twitter.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Hey that's me. Not the guy who made that insanity, but the one who found it. Seriously though, what the Christ.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

From a few pages back but EVs destroying the Captain Marvel Legends pisses me off so much because I can't find them anywhere because Canada has weird release times for them.

I have a store next to me that has a ton of them. If you want I can grab you one and send it your way for cost. DM me if interested.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Are you in Toronto?

The only person i ever reported that got actually banned was someone called Yellowflash who was striaght up posting personal contact info for people who he wanted harassed.

I'm in the US. So shipping might be more than you're willing to pay ha ha.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ren got banned again. Same bullshit as before.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SJW Spidey caught a bullshit ban now too.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I would suggest everyone report that EVS tweet as harassment itself cause it definitely is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bounding Into Comics got deplatformed from Facebook. So finally some good news.